Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 04-22-2023, 10:00 PM   #1
anthony_n

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Convertible
My 2017 1SS Convertible

Hello! I purchased my first Camaro (“Lucy”) in September last year and I’ve been doing my best to make her my own. I’m very new to the car community and used to drive a Hyundai Accent; when my brother told me “wow you bought that car and it already had long tube headers installed”, and I was like “what?”, it opened up a whole new world to me.

Well, I’ve done a few things to the car so far, but when I made the purchase it did indeed have long tubes installed, along with MSD spark plug wires, a strut tower brace, and a muffler delete. And some sort of tune. Now unless there were modifications to parts that I haven’t gotten to yet, I can safely say the rest of the car was stock.

Since then, I have added:
- Roto-Fab cold air intake
- Soler Performance 103mm throttle body (w/ Bluetooth throttle controller)
- MSD Atomic AirForce intake manifold
- Generic oil catch can
- Flex fuel sensor
- Valvetronic mufflers
- 19” 1LE style wheels
- Michelin PS4S (275’s in front/295’s in rear)

I know I need to get it re-tuned since I added all these mods (and to take advantage of flex fuel when I happen to pass by some E85). I’m ordering an HP Tuners MPVI3 device and need to reach out to some remote tuners since there really isn’t anyone in my area that can help with that.

I’m considering going forward with a heads/cam package in the future, but I’m holding off for now. I’m also thinking about swapping in some steel brake lines and maybe going with a decent set of adjustable coilovers.

I’d love to know what you all think; always open to input and suggestions! It feels good to be part of such an enthusiastic community!
anthony_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 02:35 PM   #2
anthony_n

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Convertible
Guess this is just an update/vent. Got my wideband installed and have been working on road tuning for a couple weeks. Fueling is as dialed in as I can get it for someone with zero previous experience. Hesitant to mess with the base timing tables. Set her up to take E.

I’m still battling with myself over supercharging my car or sticking NA. Found someone selling a used P-1SC procharger with stage II intercooler and 15k miles of use for $4K and it’s so tempting. Ugh, but everyone has horror stories to share and the general vibe is to avoid boosting your daily driver. Not enough fueling. LT1 doesn’t like boost. Etc etc. Reliability and longevity are important to me, and I have to balance that with my need for speed. For my setup is a heads/cam package still the way to go? I feel like the answer is yes.

In other news, I think I’m gonna ditch the Valvetronic exhaust and put a Borla S-Type axle back on, maybe with cutouts in the future. I love the tone of the S-Type. Still looking for a deal on coilovers, specifically BC Racing BR series. Gonna do my first brake pad/rotor swap this weekend and paint my calipers while they’re off. And swap out my interior door handle so I can stop slicing my fingers on it.
anthony_n is offline   Reply With Quote