Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-17-2016, 03:11 PM   #1
GTRSOLO

Drives: 89 Turbo Trans Am
Anyone tried Alcohol or meth injection yet?

Just curious. Was very affective when I use it on my Turbo TA (GNX motor - v6) Allowed me to run 26psi on 93 octane with no knock. Not sure how it would be plumbed on the Camaro T4, but would be interested to see if it would help increase boost without knock.
GTRSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Im sure it has it's place and people will do it in time as things get more extreme. I've read of some cadillac ATS guys doing it already.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:35 PM   #3
GTRSOLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Im sure it has it's place and people will do it in time as things get more extreme. I've read of some cadillac ATS guys doing it already.
I've read several of your posts, I haven't seen what boost psi your running.
I think I read that the stock boost is 20psi, back in the 80's and 90's that would of been thought of as crazy, but I'm assuming the direct injection has been a large part in avoiding the knock issues. What do you think is a reasonable amount of boost these new engines can stand before things fail?
Old 11-17-2016, 05:00 PM   #4
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
We are running 24psi out of an upgraded Turbobay turbo w/ Meth. Works well. I'm going to add Snow Performance kits to both of my cars.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:23 PM   #5
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRSOLO View Post
I've read several of your posts, I haven't seen what boost psi your running.
I think I read that the stock boost is 20psi, back in the 80's and 90's that would of been thought of as crazy, but I'm assuming the direct injection has been a large part in avoiding the knock issues. What do you think is a reasonable amount of boost these new engines can stand before things fail?

In my stock car I've seen boost as high as 21.x, but it won't hold it all the way to redline. In the upper rpms it starts losing steam and falls off to 17-18.

I don't know what boost level these will come apart at, but I bet a lot of it has to do with the tune, and if meth is used or not.

I have read that one of the ZZP cars broke a stock rod at appx 440 whp, but don't know how much boost they were pushing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
We are running 24psi out of an upgraded Turbobay turbo w/ Meth. Works well. I'm going to add Snow Performance kits to both of my cars.

I've talked with Trent at TRS fab and at one point he was running 26psi out of his upgraded turbo (65mm turbine, stock 19t compressor wheel) without meth, said it was pretty solid but probably on the edge, but decided to back it down to 24psi to keep things safe.

I imagine at some point, I may add meth, but I really don't want to if I don't have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:54 AM   #6
rorymick

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 1LT 2.0L Turbo
Someday when I go more maximum effort with this car I'll definitely run meth. He'll even meth and downpipe and tune. So much more ability to run more boost and timing! I ran Devils own meth kit on my last boosted application and it was a must.

Meth will definitely be in myour Camaro's future.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:38 AM   #7
GTRSOLO

Thanks for the info fellas, very interesting. This makes the Turbo 4 such an interesting option for me over the v6 because of the possibilities tweaking the turbo application!
Old 11-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #8
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Hey, if you ever need to sell that TTA, let me know. I've wanted one BAD for a while now!
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:48 PM   #9
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I run water injection in all my alternative fuel (WVO) diesel vehicles for cleaning injector tips, etc. I have the V6 with direct injection. Does anyone think water injection would be advantageous for cleaning the tops of the valves?
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:52 PM   #10
GTRSOLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Hey, if you ever need to sell that TTA, let me know. I've wanted one BAD for a while now!
Pm'd you.
Old 06-09-2023, 02:21 PM   #11
Bigjay26

Drives: 2023 Camaro RS 2.0l turbo
Hey I got a 2023 Camaro 2.0l I’m looking for some injections any recommendations?
Bigjay26 is offline   Reply With Quote