Xelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:10 AM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
What gear were those run in?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:12 AM   #17
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
What gear were those run in?
I honestly dont know. Im going back to that same Dyno Monday to dial in Ted's custom tune. I will make sure they do it in 7th.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:14 AM   #18
radz28
Petro-sexual

Even if they don't, 6th will show just a little less, so there's still relativity in what you'd get.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 09-23-2022, 10:21 AM   #19
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Even if they don't, 6th will show just a little less, so there's still relativity in what you'd get.
Looks from their log of the maggie tune it was in 6th because I see it redline at 145mph. I thought 7th was closer to 170mph at the top of the gear??
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2022, 11:18 AM   #20
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
That dyno graph is Rich AF.

If I know Ted, based on past experience he'll probably lower your MAF settings in your tune based on the log to get the ECM to throw less fuel at things.

As I stated earlier, there's a lot of power left on the table there. And contrary to popular belief, sure running rich may keep things cool but it's still bad for the engine as the excess gas rinses the oil residue off of the cylinder walls opening them up to potential scoring and damage. No bueno.

When I worked on Motorcycle engines I could easily tell which motors were running rich based on the condition of the cylinder walls.
NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 11:45 AM   #21
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG329 View Post
That dyno graph is Rich AF.

If I know Ted, based on past experience he'll probably lower your MAF settings in your tune based on the log to get the ECM to throw less fuel at things.

As I stated earlier, there's a lot of power left on the table there. And contrary to popular belief, sure running rich may keep things cool but it's still bad for the engine as the excess gas rinses the oil residue off of the cylinder walls opening them up to potential scoring and damage. No bueno.

When I worked on Motorcycle engines I could easily tell which motors were running rich based on the condition of the cylinder walls.
Yeah Ted and I are already going back and forth with logs and tunes for the drivability. I will get to the Dyno next week, but for now we are sorting out the part throttle and driving around stuff.

And let me tell you, comparing his last revision to the maggie tune and the stock tune, WOWOWOWIE. His tune makes the car feel so crispy already. Throttle input is like perfect. Its snappier than before x10. I can already feel a massive difference in the cars willingness to WANT to get into boost. When Im doing the part throttle logging, I have to be very careful not to get it into boost and man its hard.

With the maggie tune, it was so lazy and I was honestly disappointed in the performance compared to stock. With the JRE tunes so far, things are looking up in a big way. I cant wait to get this on the dyno and see where we land. And I will try to get the operator to run the car in 7th vs 6th. That would help a bunch in power numbers compared to the last graph.

So far JRE for the WIN! Its just too bad I dont have a wideband yet. I really didnt want to do that yet.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:55 AM   #22
NG329

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
Yeah Ted and I are already going back and forth with logs and tunes for the drivability. I will get to the Dyno next week, but for now we are sorting out the part throttle and driving around stuff.

And let me tell you, comparing his last revision to the maggie tune and the stock tune, WOWOWOWIE. His tune makes the car feel so crispy already. Throttle input is like perfect. Its snappier than before x10. I can already feel a massive difference in the cars willingness to WANT to get into boost. When Im doing the part throttle logging, I have to be very careful not to get it into boost and man its hard.

With the maggie tune, it was so lazy and I was honestly disappointed in the performance compared to stock. With the JRE tunes so far, things are looking up in a big way. I cant wait to get this on the dyno and see where we land. And I will try to get the operator to run the car in 7th vs 6th. That would help a bunch in power numbers compared to the last graph.

So far JRE for the WIN! Its just too bad I dont have a wideband yet. I really didnt want to do that yet.
Get the wideband asap. The way I run mine is by installing a bracket right under the glove compartment to support the gauge and I run the wires through the Center console beneath the shifter. The sensor wire routes under the car near the drive shaft (but not too close) and just weld the bung into the mid-pipe (if you're not running cats). If you still have your cats you need to route it a different way so that your sensor is in front of the cats near the OEM O2 sensor.
Old 09-23-2022, 12:09 PM   #23
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Get the wideband asap. The way I run mine is by installing a bracket right under the glove compartment to support the gauge and I run the wires through the Center console beneath the shifter.
Mine is mounted above the driver's side a/c vent on that small vent (of unknown name) and cable runs down into the dash and taps into the accessories power lead.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 12:10 PM   #24
NG329

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Mine is mounted above the driver's side a/c vent on that small vent (of unknown name) and cable runs down into the dash and taps into the accessories power lead.
Yup, in my first car I had mine routed that way when I was still running the Cats.
Old 09-23-2022, 01:59 PM   #25
radz28
Petro-sexual

Yeah. That looks like 6th Gear. Dyno'ing in 7th is probably around another 20-30 WHP. That is more along the lines of what many here have posted. You're Spark could probably be played with a little, too. I'd also make sure to record MAT as that's a table that will be correcting advance based off an extrapolated intake temperature. I suspect if you could get advance to about 20-22*, you'll be close to 700 at the tire. That's will probably only be in around the mid-70*s ambient though.

You'll well on your way toward calibration and optimization. You might capture inlet pressure/vacuum, too. Changing from a ported LT5 TB to a 103 allowed for 2-3 kPa drop, too, from a set-up we have.

JMO

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 09-23-2022, 02:16 PM   #26
MartinLe

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:

I am surprised Ted is tuning without the WB.
DSX Flex fuel/Low side
NW 103mm TB/Roto-Fab CAI
Monster S Series
Elite E2-X
2" TSP LT's
BMR:BK063, BK060,TCA061, UTCA060, UTCA063
Weld Beadlocks/17" NT5R2
MartinLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 02:21 PM   #27
MartinLe

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
I honestly dont know. Im going back to that same Dyno Monday to dial in Ted's custom tune. I will make sure they do it in 7th.
Why would you tamper with Ted's tune? They do not need to be "dialed in".
DSX Flex fuel/Low side
NW 103mm TB/Roto-Fab CAI
Monster S Series
Elite E2-X
2" TSP LT's
BMR:BK063, BK060,TCA061, UTCA060, UTCA063
Weld Beadlocks/17" NT5R2
MartinLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 02:32 PM   #28
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Get the wideband asap. The way I run mine is by installing a bracket right under the glove compartment to support the gauge and I run the wires through the Center console beneath the shifter. The sensor wire routes under the car near the drive shaft (but not too close) and just weld the bung into the mid-pipe (if you're not running cats). If you still have your cats you need to route it a different way so that your sensor is in front of the cats near the OEM O2 sensor.
If you're not running cats, you can also put the wideband sensor in the secondary o2 bung. No welding required
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote