#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 03-11-2023, 10:30 PM   #1
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
Fortune Auto Coilovers

They are finally here!

If you're looking for an upgrade to your suspension system, the Fortune Auto 510 coilovers with digressive pistons are an excellent choice for the 6th Gen Camaro. Not only do they improve handling and performance, but they also provide a comfortable and adjustable ride.

One of the main advantages of the Fortune Auto 510 coilovers is the digressive piston design. This design allows for more precise and responsive damping, resulting in improved handling and control. The digressive piston design also helps to reduce body roll and improve grip, which is especially beneficial for those who take their Camaro to the track.

Another advantage of the Fortune Auto 510 coilovers is the adjustable ride height and preload. By adjusting the ride height and preload, you can fine-tune the suspension to your specific driving style and preferences. This means you can lower the car for better handling and appearance or raise it for more ground clearance and comfort.

For the install I started on the rears. As these were going to take the longest

With the car up on jack stands I put a jack under the lower control and unbolted the shock and inboard control arm bolt. Slowly lower jack and remove factory components.

With the divorced shock setup you have to adjust height with the spring perch. This takes several times to get correct. Take your time and measure twice adjust once.

To set rear preload. Compress spring with the jack on the lower control arm to desired preload. Then adjust length of shock and install to lower control arm.

The fronts are way easier. Set preload with spring perch. And adjust height with the lower shock body.

I saved 7lbs per corner in the front. And about 5lbs per corner in the rear for a total of about 25lbs unsprung weight from factory gas shocks and lowering springs.

My first event is scheduled for May 20th. Hopefully my engine is back together by then. I'll post my feedback on them after a weekend on track so stay tuned for that.
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2023, 10:59 AM   #2
greenz28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS M6, Ford Fiesta ST
After looking these up and seeing they're a made in USA quality item, I'm interested to hear how you like them. Once you get it all together.

I only do street use with mine. Any thoughts on whether these would ride more comfortably on the street than the factory non-magnetic ride suspension?
greenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:48 AM   #3
That1guy_tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenz28 View Post
After looking these up and seeing they're a made in USA quality item, I'm interested to hear how you like them. Once you get it all together.

I only do street use with mine. Any thoughts on whether these would ride more comfortably on the street than the factory non-magnetic ride suspension?
If you reach out to Fortune and inform them of what you want with the car they will spec your coilover as such.

The coilovers I have here are their 510 series. They also have a 500 series for street cars. Custom spring rates. I do not see why you could not get a coilover that would be more comfortable on the street.
Old 04-25-2023, 05:02 PM   #4
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
I bought these for a different car I had and liked them and have been waiting for them to come out for the 6th gen camaro. I don't really track my car so I probably don't need the 510 series but the 500 series has my eye. I'm sure these are more comfortable then the lowering springs I have now.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:34 PM   #5
red6.2

Drives: 2010 camaro
how long did it take to arrive to your destination? I've been waiting 6 weeks already for my 510 series order...
red6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 03:57 PM   #6
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Did you get to test them out? Curious what you thought about them.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 03:32 PM   #7
BigChubb

Drives: Dreaming
This or magna ride suspension?
BigChubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 09:50 AM   #8
Hellamass

Drives: Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE
I suggest 14 clicks up front and 9 in the rear for trace use.
Hellamass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 10:24 AM   #9
Hellamass

Drives: Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE
Question, I have the 510's installed on my ZL1 1LE and found that the rear spring had about a 1/4 gap between the rear spring perch and the spring seat its self on one side due to the angle of the spring. How did you get around this issue? I'm currently running Chevy OE spring perch issue in the rear due to this issue. You can see my pics on my Fortune auto install post.
Hellamass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 03:55 PM   #10
That1guy_tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
Did you get to test them out? Curious what you thought about them.
Sorry for being 6 months late for this reply. But I've had 4 track days on them this year and they were a huge improvement over the stock gas shocks with OTS lowering springs.

My car used to bounce / float after hitting a curb. Now it just soaks it up and keeps going. Highly recommend.
Old 12-13-2023, 03:57 PM   #11
That1guy_tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellamass View Post
Question, I have the 510's installed on my ZL1 1LE and found that the rear spring had about a 1/4 gap between the rear spring perch and the spring seat its self on one side due to the angle of the spring. How did you get around this issue? I'm currently running Chevy OE spring perch issue in the rear due to this issue. You can see my pics on my Fortune auto install post.
Read through your post. I just sent you a DM. Hope it reaches you. Sorry for the delay.