Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-10-2023, 05:30 PM   #1
ellisdaniels

Drives: 2019 camaro 2ss
adding npp valves

I was wondering if it’s possible to add the npp valves to any other non npp exhaust.
I have a MBRP catback exhaust and I just bought some kooks headers w/ green cats. I am worried the mbrp is going to be to loud and I’m planning on getting a new exhaust because I don’t like the way headers sound with the stock dual mode npp. I was thinking of getting the AWE touring or the MBRP touring. Also would add some resonators either the Vibrant 1795 Bottle Style Resonator, or the jones x-pipe I see everyone talking about.
ellisdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 05:34 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Don’t think there is any reasonably easy way to add NPP. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong.

AWE Touring is an amazing system. That said, with headers it is LOUD. You’ve been warned.
Old 05-10-2023, 05:38 PM   #3
ellisdaniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Don’t think there is any reasonably easy way to add NPP. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong.

AWE Touring is an amazing system. That said, with headers it is LOUD. You’ve been warned.
I was thinking what if I cut the stock npp valves out the pipe and all and weld it to the aftermarket exhaust and hook it all up with some adapters
Old 05-10-2023, 05:41 PM   #4
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
If your car didn’t come with NPP then there’s no easy way to control the OEM valves.

They require a lot more than a positive current to get moving. If you add the OEM NPP exhaust itself then it’ll act as the valves in a state of constant open.

I’ll add a +1 to the Jones X-Pipe, $40 to buy and replaced my OEM resonator that started rattling, tone didn’t change much tbh
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 06:34 PM   #5
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisdaniels View Post
I was thinking what if I cut the stock npp valves out the pipe and all and weld it to the aftermarket exhaust and hook it all up with some adapters
I think Borla and Corsa make catbacks that include NPP valves so that you don’t have to cut and paste.
Old 05-10-2023, 09:56 PM   #6
ellisdaniels

I know but I don’t want to use go that route because cost they are like 3 grand and I’d rather put that money elsewhere into the car then the exhaust.
Old 05-10-2023, 10:01 PM   #7
ellisdaniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
If your car didn’t come with NPP then there’s no easy way to control the OEM valves.

They require a lot more than a positive current to get moving. If you add the OEM NPP exhaust itself then it’ll act as the valves in a state of constant open.

I’ll add a +1 to the Jones X-Pipe, $40 to buy and replaced my OEM resonator that started rattling, tone didn’t change much tbh
I know I used to have the oem dual mode exhaust with the npp. I really like the sounds and looks of the mbrp and would like to get there touring system when I put headers on they are under a grand and I was just wondering if I can add the npp valves or if anyone has to show how they did it because I don’t want to spend money on a borla and downsize to a 2 3/4” pipe when the mbrp is a 3” already