Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 04-03-2023, 05:00 PM   #29
Wera313

Drives: SS 1LE
Decided to upgrade front brakes for this season. Went with Girodisc rotors, Pagid pads and using the Cadillac air deflectors.

Wera313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 09:26 AM   #30
khcoaching

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wera313 View Post
Decided to upgrade front brakes for this season. Went with Girodisc rotors, Pagid pads and using the Cadillac air deflectors.

Awesome, huge upgrade in brake performance!

Ken
Old 06-06-2023, 10:24 PM   #31
Wera313

Photos from last month at High Plains. Planning to be back this weekend with the PCA. Likely to be a wet two days so should be exciting…

some pic for dp
Old 06-06-2023, 11:34 PM   #32
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Nice, I was at HPR with the BMWCCA a couple weeks ago. There was a GT350 in my run group. It was interesting that despite the HP advantage he only pulled about a car length on me on the back straight. I killed him on corner entry (the Ferodo 3.12 pads help... ) With the mods I've made for AX I can put the power down out of corners really well too. I ended up lapping him in a 25 min session. Still running the OEM wheel/tire setup, the AX setup would be a bit faster but the Falken RT660s are only good for a few hot laps, and The GY SC3s are surprisingly grippy, predictable, consistent and relatively inexpensive, and they don't heat cycle out either. One of the head BMW instructors has an SLE and still runs the OEM GY SC3s, said he's tried everything and ended up back with SC3s. Anyways, I was considering the PCA event at HPR and didn't sign up in time. I'd have had to miss another SCCA AX, and I may not do enough of them to qualify for season standings at this rate.

I hope you and your car are doing well!
Old 06-11-2023, 05:46 PM   #33
Wera313

Too bad I missed you at the BMWCCA event! It would have been fun to meet up at the track. Timing just didn't work out for me that day. Hope you had good runs at the AX event this weekend.

I've made a few suspension changes to the car. It now has BMR swaybars front and rear. I replaced the rear toe links with the SPL version that has an eccentric lock-out. I think banging over the curbing was the culprit for knocking my rear suspension out of alignment. I expect the new toe links will help. I also swapped out the stock rear bushings for the SPL monoball bushings.

The car felt much, much better with these changes. It essentially came alive so that I could feel what was happening on the front and rear. So glad to have made these changes + the brake improvements.

On brakes, I went through the front Pagid endurance pads quickly. I actually ended the day early because they wore faster than expected. Lesson learned, next time I'll have spare pads with me. This set made it through 13 sessions at 20 mins/session.

Here's a one lap video from this weekend. I had fun with a few GT4s. There are plenty of my mistakes in this lap but still was a good one for me!