Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

AWE Tuning

Old 03-27-2023, 02:34 PM   #1
eldersCAMARO
CamaroLove

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Shark Skin
NEED ADVICE!

300 bucks for diff fluid change at my local chevy in my area. Anyone here know a better place in the California MD area that's trust worthy?

Yes I would rather do it myself but I live in an apartment without a garage.
eldersCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 12:08 AM   #2
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
$300 is an insane price. It's not much more difficult to do than an oil change (other than the fact that you have to pump or squeeze the fluid into the fill hole), and fluid cost is similar or slightly less than the oil change (2 quarts is < $80). Time required is ~ 30 min max.

I just did mine myself. You might be able to do it without raising the car if you can get under the rear of the car on your back.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 06:02 PM   #3
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Thinking out loud here
Get the fluid, 2 qts, and go to a local quick change oil place and ask if you can do it or if they’ll do it for you. It would probably help if you changed the oil while there. You can bring your own oil/filter too.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:31 PM   #4
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
$300 is an insane price. It's not much more difficult to do than an oil change (other than the fact that you have to pump or squeeze the fluid into the fill hole), and fluid cost is similar or slightly less than the oil change (2 quarts is < $80). Time required is ~ 30 min max.

I just did mine myself. You might be able to do it without raising the car if you can get under the rear of the car on your back.
I gave a similar response here: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614737
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote