Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 03-01-2023, 02:07 PM   #1
Darryl1969

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Line Loc & Launch Control

I have a 2023 2SS 1LE w/6spd. Owners manual and Performance Supplement show how to access launch control and line loc. I cannot get this to come up in the screen. The dealer where I bought it couldn't either. Any ideas??
Thanks,
Darryl
Attached Images

Darryl1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 09:51 AM   #2
walkerheaders

Drives: 2023 1SS Radiant A10 63 427 Impala
I know nothing of the stick cars AND, I came here to learn. my A10 car is a 23 and it senses brake pressure AND if the wheels are pointed straight ahead. my 2021 could go into launch control in Sport or Track mode. Seems, (unless I'm nuts) the 23 car seems to only access that when in Track mode?

I welcome any replies......thanks and good luck.
walkerheaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 11:03 AM   #3
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
My 2020 2SS only seems to work in Track Mode. I had it in Sport mode the other day, the DIC was on the Launch Control screen, and I had the car in Competition mode. In Sport mode, it showed Disabled. As soon as I put it in Track mode, the Launch Control screen became active.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 11:12 AM   #4
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
So just to reiterate - to access Line Lock and Launch Control, take the following steps. Steps 1 & 2 are interchangeable as far as I know. This is how it works on my 2020 2SS. YMMV on a 1LE.

1. Turn on Competitive Driving Mode - double tap the Traction Control button. On my car, I often have to double tap 2 or 3 times before it turns on. You'll get a confirmation on the Driver Information Center screen that the car has entered Competitive Driving Mode.

2. Put the car in Track Mode (some models seem to work in both Sport mode & Track mode).

3. Using the steering wheel control on the Driver Information Control screen, scroll down to Settings, then to Launch Control. Launch Control should be active, and you should be able to scroll right to change the settings.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 02:05 PM   #5
Darryl1969

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I think the issue may be that it never enters competitive driving mode. When I double tap the traction control button, it shuts of the traction control and the stability control but it doesn't say anything in the DIC. I'll try doing that a couple times. Thanks!
Darryl1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 07:22 PM   #6
db2022cs

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
I have a 23 2SS 6mt 1LE, I've tried messing with the settings myself to see if I can adjust launch RPM parameters. I think I read somewhere that the 1LE doesn't have the RPM adjustments and the E-Diff controls slippage based on the traction available. I also don't think there is a way to line lock with the 6mt. I have looked all over in the settings. I hope I can be corrected on any of these and I just don't know where to look.

For me If I want to use launch control, I just toss it into Track mode, competitive driving mode, I use the second one under rain, can't remember what it's called. Then Just 1st gear, clutch in, jam the throttle. Wait for RPM's to steady and release the clutch quickly and smoothly. You don't have to activate it, it should enable once these conditions are met. One thing I am not sure on is if the launch control works in Sport mode with Competitive driving mode. I haven't tried it yet. I'm trying to limit my launches until I get my diff flushed early next week.
2018 Blue AWD Kia Stinger GT2 -Sold-
db2022cs is offline   Reply With Quote