#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-02-2019, 06:14 PM   #15
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy1981 View Post
I agree just trying to get some opinions from owners with kids.
that is my opinion. i have a 12 yr old daughter that is 4’10” tall and 90 lb. she’s tiny. in the odd event that she rides in the back of the maro, she looks like a shriner. she has made it very well known she does not want to ride in the back unless absolutely mandatory. any back seat occupants over 4’6” tall will not enjoy the ride or the entry/exit. the cars are great if you and your passengers have no carry on items. even taking her to school sucks because her backpack has to go in the backseat. even then she has to be very careful with retrieval as not to rape the interior. i’ve made her conscious of these things basically since birth so we don’t destroy my cars. the camaro is the most difficult car for basically everything except driving.

edit: in a nutshell - i would not own the camaro if i did not have other vehicles.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:54 PM   #16
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
buying this car, for any shade of utility, is silly.

well, the idea of not buying a car because it doesn't suit every conceivable utility is what's killing cars like the camaro. I drive to work, get groceries, take the kids to school, even take them camping with my ss 1le... i think it's amazing i can take this same car on the track and beat on for an hour.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:04 PM   #17
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
well, the idea of not buying a car because it doesn't suit every conceivable utility is what's killing cars like the camaro. I drive to work, get groceries, take the kids to school, even take them camping with my ss 1le... i think it's amazing i can take this same car on the track and beat on for an hour.
Not every conceivable utility. Just some utility and Camaro has little. Not saying you can't do all the things you listed with the Camaro. It's just a lot easier/convenient in a car with 2 extra doors and more room.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:19 PM   #18
Pappy1981

Drives: 2017 Dodge Charger Scatpack
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
that is my opinion. i have a 12 yr old daughter that is 4’10” tall and 90 lb. she’s tiny. in the odd event that she rides in the back of the maro, she looks like a shriner. she has made it very well known she does not want to ride in the back unless absolutely mandatory. any back seat occupants over 4’6” tall will not enjoy the ride or the entry/exit. the cars are great if you and your passengers have no carry on items. even taking her to school sucks because her backpack has to go in the backseat. even then she has to be very careful with retrieval as not to rape the interior. i’ve made her conscious of these things basically since birth so we don’t destroy my cars. the camaro is the most difficult car for basically everything except driving.

edit: in a nutshell - i would not own the camaro if i did not have other vehicles.
I appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Pappy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:00 PM   #19
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
you can go cuba from florida on a raft, as well. doesn’t mean it’s a good idea.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:36 AM   #20
Boosted_ST
LT1 1LE

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE HPB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy1981 View Post
Both my kids can buckle themselves in. I just have to pull the strap for my 4 year old to tighten it. Does the car come with a universal remote? The standard options said it did but I couldn't find it for the life of me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
If you're 5'6" and both your kids can buckle themselves in then you are golden in the Camaro. You shouldn't have any concerns.

I'm 5'7" and have an almost 3-year old. I have to buckle him in each time, but it's not an issue.
Boosted_ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:41 PM   #21
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
Anyone that says you can put someone in the back seat is not only lying to you but lying to themselves. This car is built for one thing, ripping!! To fit someone on the back your face would literally be against the windshield and you'd have no chance if operating the the clutch
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:15 PM   #22
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanta1983 View Post
Anyone that says you can put someone in the back seat is not only lying to you but lying to themselves. This car is built for one thing, ripping!! To fit someone on the back your face would literally be against the windshield and you'd have no chance if operating the the clutch
Not true. My 12 year old sits behind me easily, and I'm 6' tall and keep my seat pretty far back. Admittedly she has to turn her feet sideways to slip them into the gap, but once she's settled in she's fine. In a couple of years my 14 year old will inherit the Accord, we'll buy my wife a Raptor and that will be the 'family' car.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:24 PM   #23
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
IDK, it's a sporty coupe that is somewhat practical vs many sports cars. If the design wasn't so compromised by styling it could be more like the Caddys.

It makes an amazing vehicle for cycling or mt biking too, enough space for 2 people, gear and bikes on the hitch rack, and it'll still get good fuel economy going 85 on the highway.

But putting people in the back? Yeah, they gotta be a child or a midget...
Old 10-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #24
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Exaggerate much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
But putting people in the back? Yeah, they gotta be a child or a midget...
I'm 6'2" and the 5'10" salesman sat behind me while my old man test drove it. He didn't die nor is he permanently disabled
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:59 PM   #25
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matos1LE View Post
Exaggerate much?

I'm 6'2" and the 5'10" salesman sat behind me while my old man test drove it. He didn't die nor is he permanently disabled

But he was folded in half :-)

The Camaro truly is a stunning car, the things people complain about disappear once you slide in the drivers seat.

However, we are a small minority of buyers.. the belt line being lowered and inch or two would make a titanic difference in functionality... as any increase in rear room leg wise or headroom.

Three thirdgens, al have more usable rear space for actual people.

2020 1LE will be mine, the damned things are truly awesome.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:04 PM   #26
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I’m 6’1” and the front seat back is back against the rear seat cushion. Zero room for any legs.
Rear seat area is just for cargo in my car.
Really need to check the car yourself and see if you have enough room.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:11 AM   #27
nate.the.great

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I'm 5'11" with two kids who can ride in boosters, and my wife drives a minivan. We were a two car family with the Camaro for less than a year because I just couldn't deal with the inconvenience anymore. We bought a third car which became my daily driver, and the Camaro turned into a toy. Long story short, I gave our third car to my parents and traded my Camaro in for a S6 which makes it so much easier to transport the kids.
nate.the.great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:15 AM   #28
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
I have a young child that rides in the back, and it’s OK only because it’s a weekend car. Yes, I know there are a lot of people that daily driver car, but I could not do it. Besides other things like road noise , rough ride etc., garage queen etc the doors are super long and having to help my kid in and out of the backseat would be too much. For the weekend it’s perfectly fine. Dd, not so much imo.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote