Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 09-02-2019, 01:47 PM   #15
Jverado

Drives: 2004 Silverado, 2020 ZL1
I probably shouldn't have used the word panic. I get nervous spending a lot of money even when I can afford something.
I do worry about early problems, paying MSRP and ease/price of modding the Vette.
I've also taken more of a liking to test and tune nights at the drag strip this summer, than I thought I would have.
Jverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:30 PM   #16
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
If you’re looking for people to tell you to buy the most expensive car you can then you came to the right place. But unless you’re made of money taking a new car depreciation hit twice in three years is just insane.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:12 PM   #17
Jverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
If you’re looking for people to tell you to buy the most expensive car you can then you came to the right place. But unless you’re made of money taking a new car depreciation hit twice in three years is just insane.
That has also been a consideration that has made me a little hesitant
Old 09-02-2019, 05:38 PM   #18
cooldawg

Drives: RAM
If GM discounts the 19 Z's next spring similar to 18's this year, you can buy low/ sell high on both cars. The depreciation on two new cars is killer for sure, but that can make a very big difference.

Just something to consider. It takes some patience and additional energy.
cooldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:12 PM   #19
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
I can't even come close to using my SS's power. A ZL1 would be a complete waste of money for me.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:18 PM   #20
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
But if you are panicked about having a car payment, that tells me you can't afford this. Be smart, save your cash, enjoy the hell out of your 2SS.
+1. Only way I buy cars is if I can afford it EASILY. Worst decision is to get one when you can barely or can't afford it. The novelty of the car will wear off while the expense will not. Then you'll end up selling it for yet another loss.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:20 PM   #21
93oh

Drives: 2017 ZL-1
To answer I have both. The zl1 cannot warm it up before you’re in jail. Don’t envy it. It is a beast but 2ss is an amazing daily and that’s why I bought one (19 2ss 10 speed w npp) my zl1 has 6 speed and pdr and it’s beautiful and fast but let’s face facts the lt4 and lt1 aren’t that different and the forced induction is killer for passing everyone at warp speed but where you using that on street? Drive piss out of your ss and be happy. You won’t use zl1 as often and hence your life will be watching it rot in a garage.
93oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:55 PM   #22
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93oh View Post
To answer I have both. The zl1 cannot warm it up before you’re in jail. Don’t envy it. It is a beast but 2ss is an amazing daily and that’s why I bought one (19 2ss 10 speed w npp) my zl1 has 6 speed and pdr and it’s beautiful and fast but let’s face facts the lt4 and lt1 aren’t that different and the forced induction is killer for passing everyone at warp speed but where you using that on street? Drive piss out of your ss and be happy. You won’t use zl1 as often and hence your life will be watching it rot in a garage.
This is the conclusion I'm reaching when thinking about a new Camaro. I WANT a ZL1 cuz why not have the biggest and baddest? But there's actually a good answer to this: I'd be paying a bunch of extra cash for an extra 195HP I'm not going to use on the street.

So I say forget the case of internet forumitis you're currently experiencing and stick with the fast car you're already paying for and can afford.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:43 PM   #23
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverado View Post
So here's my situation. Back in 2016, I had saved for a ZL1 and you all know the issues and delays. I got sick of waiting and my dealership also had a 2017 SS that had all the options, so I went with no more wait and saving some money.

Fast forward 2+ years and I'm getting the ZL1 itch. I almost pulled the trigger on one in the spring, but panicked at the thought of having a car payment again (it's paid off) and eating all the depreciation. So my car is a 2ss in mint condition with 8700 miles on it. I just got a raise so that would cover a car payment.

So given the situation, if it were you, would you just enjoy what you had, get what you originally wanted or get a C8? I suppose if I lived in a rural desert state with stretched out roads and little traffic I might look at a ZL1 for extra kicks.

Thanks

MmmMmmMmm.....totally depends on what you want. I have the SS, could get a ZL1 or a C8 if I wanted, but I'm totally happy with the SS so I'll continue to drive it. So thats only something you can make the call on.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:08 AM   #24
Jverado

Thanks for all the input and different viewpoints. I think I'm going to sit tight for right now.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:12 AM   #25
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
The newness of a new car wares off quickly, the Car Payments don't..
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote