Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 10-09-2019, 06:59 PM   #267
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAS View Post
Might you point us to some of these deals, please?
At this moment in time, I can’t find any under $30k. I did find some such as the below in the $30-$31 range without the Mustang conquest rebate.

https://www.stonebriarchevytexas.com...-TX/3504023203

https://www.reliablechevytexas.com/V...-TX/3480952483
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:15 AM   #268
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Damn, some of those prices make me reconsider going the 1LE route here shortly :-P Then again I want to get back on the track....
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 05:16 PM   #269
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRockford View Post
On the LT1 "0SS" V8 model, doesn't the absence of bigger/any spoiler reduce downforce significantly near top end?
(Do the LT1 V8 cars tend to fly near top end?
Is the LT1 speed-limited due to not-enough-downforce or not-enough-tires/tire-rating?)

The items that makes me want to jump to 2SS from "zero-SS" are:
- magnetic ride
- HUD
- heated steering wheel
(can a 2SS/3LT heated wheel be easily transplanted onto a LT1 or the "LS" model hypothetically? would it be supported by factory/dealer that did the work?)

as a wannabee Jim Rockford, I would also miss the mechanical parking-brake for the bootleg turns.
To me MGRC is overrated on the street. I have had 3 5+ 6th gen Camaros with it and 2 without. I will not miss it. The Hud I will miss but getting the Recaros and Bose will do it for me. But to get an LT1 like that I will need to order it.

Agreed the steering wheel heater is very nice. And no seat heaters either. Wierd that this is the only V8 Camaro you can get with all season tires and no heated seats. Seems silly but my Camaro will sit in the garage all winter.

And I think you might be able to retrfit the HUD with the Bose

Last edited by Fraxum; 10-30-2019 at 07:36 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 06:39 PM   #270
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
To me MGRC is overrated on the street. I have had 3 5+ 6th gen Camaros with it and 2 without. I will not miss it. The Hud I will miss but getting the Recaros and Bose will do it for me. But to get an LT1 like that I will need to order it.

Agreed the steering wheel heater is very nice. And no seat heaters either. Wierd that this is the only V8 Camaro you can get with all season tires and no heated seats. Seems silly but my Camaro will sit in the garage all winter.
I'm with you. I love the looks of the LT1 exterior and would rather have the AS tires it offers. I also could do without the HUD and MR and you can get the Bose option and Recaros and some ambient lighting it looks like, but I really want the heated seats and steering wheel for here in NW Ohio. Wish you could get those as options.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote