Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-13-2019, 07:34 AM   #1
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
HVAC Wonder

I've noticed when my A/C is on and the fan is on med to high, it will automatically go to low if I make a phone call or someone calls me.
I've tested it multiple times with my phone and my wifes phone, and get the same results.

Does any one else experience this?
I tried it in my wife's Subaru, and the fan does not turn down low on it's own.

The car is at the dealership now, and asked them about this, and they said they haven't noticed it, but will look into it.

At first I thought this might be a feature of the car to turn down the A/C when on the phone to cut out the background noise...like the radio, but when the dealer said they're not sure, it makes me wonder!
Old 10-13-2019, 08:22 AM   #2
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Yes, it's a feature.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:25 AM   #3
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Found another HVAC "feature". I HAD always driven every car I've owned with the HVAC vents set to blow on the windows and floor with a window slightly cracked for fresh air, since i don't like the air blowing in my face. With these cars ANY time you choose the window feature (the top row of vent settings, not the individual button for window defrost below the main buttons), the car will change the temperature of the air to all vents, as it pleases. This usually results in freezing cold air blowing through ALL the vents when it's cold outside. first car I've ever owned where I have to avoid the "window" setting on the vents if I want it to honor MY temperature selection. Now I just use the floor setting
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:40 PM   #4
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Well the dealer told me my actuators were defective, and it is all good now. They also said it is a feature to turn down if on high when on the phone.

However, they did manage to crack my front air dam and it is now being replaced. I didn't mind too much since it was cracked from the previous owner, but the dealer said...no, the tech hit it off!
However, no damage to anywhere else.

Now if they would only curb my passenger side rim where the previous owner did some curbformation!
Old 10-15-2019, 07:11 PM   #5
Jonnydz

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
When u are on the phone and the fan speed slows down, all u have to do is turn the fan speed all the way down to its lowest setting then turn all the way back up. It will override the "phone fan speed setting". Found this out yesterday. Tricky tricky.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:15 PM   #6
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydz View Post
When u are on the phone and the fan speed slows down, all u have to do is turn the fan speed all the way down to its lowest setting then turn all the way back up. It will override the "phone fan speed setting". Found this out yesterday. Tricky tricky.

You only have to move the fan speed up one notch and it will go back to the original fan speed setting before the call was started.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote