Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #1
Turboearl

Drives: Car
Stealth mode gone??

Exhaust mode in settings has disappeared. No longer have the tab to put in stealth, sport, track to control NPP exhaust. Has anyone experienced this?
Turboearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:03 PM   #2
DeliveryMan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Yes, I have had this happen to me a couple of times.
DeliveryMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
Turboearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
I just reset everything to factory settings, then turned the car off and re-started her about 4 minutes later and everything went back to normal.
Ok I'll try that.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:10 PM   #4
Turboearl

Ok that fixed it. . Smh. I guess this will be a reoccurring thing :(
Old 06-26-2016, 02:41 PM   #5
bseiter98

The problem will continue to rear it's ugly head, been dealing with this for 5 months and the dealers do not have a fix.
bseiter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:49 PM   #6
BadBillyJack

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Everything on mine will default to tour mode if I remote start. Always does that for a few normal starts after too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
BadBillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:57 AM   #7
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
I haven't had it happen in a long time. All you need to do is let your car rest for maybe 10 minutes and restart it and it comes back.

If you want a good workaround, your answer is the forza controller. They're made by a forum supplier and are good quality. I've got one but haven't had time to install it yet. Basically this is what I would do when your drive modes come back and you have this device installed and mapped to one of your homelink buttons (or use their remote fob):

Set your engine sound to Stealth.
Set suspension to automatic
Set steering to sport.

When you hit your Forza key fob or the mapped homelink button, it'll open up the exhaust all the way (emulating the fuse pull). You'll be down to 2 options (wide open and stealth), but those are the only 2 that you really need anyway. You physical mode button now just works to quickly adjust suspension settings for the MRC folks.

If you don't have MRC, you can just map engine sound to the mode button. It will still work to change the setting even if Drive Mode disappears from your hud.

Problem solved
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
[url=http://goo.gl/zFQYZ9 Posted by DeliveryMan[/url] Yes, I have had this happen to me a couple of times.
I am sorry to hear this, DeliveryMan.

Have you been able to bring this concern to your dealership's attention? If you would like, we would be happy to reach out to them on your behalf to help facilitate that process. Please don't hesitate to send us a private message along with your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and preferred dealership if this is of interest to you.

Kindly,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-27-2016, 10:59 PM   #9
BadBillyJack

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

Have you been able to bring this concern to your dealership's attention? If you would like, we would be happy to reach out to them on your behalf to help facilitate that process. Please don't hesitate to send us a private message along with your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and preferred dealership if this is of interest to you.

Kindly,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
HAHA, screw the OP, let's help the second guy that chimes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
BadBillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:00 AM   #10
G6CamJK

Drives: 16 2SS Convertible, 08 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBillyJack View Post

+1
Old 06-28-2016, 12:16 AM   #11
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBillyJack View Post
Lol priceless
Old 06-28-2016, 05:52 AM   #12
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:

Kindly,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Why don't just tell him there's no fix available for this instead of sending the poor guy on a wild goose chase? Honestly, I appreciate the service reps reaching out, but please look up the problem before recommending an action. We've all been there done that with this. There's no fix unless you go aftermarket.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:54 AM   #13
buck_dawg_gold

Quote:

Kindly,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
This happens to almost every 6th gen vehicle with this option. Fix the issue and put a recall out. We don't have time to take a car to dealership and then be told there is no fix.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:11 PM   #14
Corbu

Drives: Camaro 2SS
This happened to my brand new car. The first I drove it off the lot that option was not present in the menu. I knew it supposed to be in there, I scrolled thru all the options just to make sure. But the day after, it showed up without doing anything.
Corbu is offline   Reply With Quote