Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

View Poll Results: Should there be a design difference for all 3 cars?
Yes 50 56.82%
No 29 32.95%
Not sure 9 10.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2015, 12:05 PM   #57
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
You have a flaw in your statement. The Cylon eye on the 2010 - 2013 was a non functional scope that's only purpose was to make it easier to distinguish the SS from the other models.
The mail slot was not the only difference, the 10-13 SS had a much larger lower Grille opening than the V6 models. So his statement is still valid. Anyway I am pretty sure he was referring to the 6th gen not the 5th.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:11 PM   #58
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

This sounds like a rehash of the 5th gen SS guys complaining the V6 looked too much like an SS....
Old 05-20-2015, 12:33 PM   #59
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
If you compare the SS to the LTs...you can pick out and identify all the changes that were made were derived from functional need for more air, cooling, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
The mail slot was not the only difference, the 10-13 SS had a much larger lower Grille opening than the V6 models. So his statement is still valid. Anyway I am pretty sure he was referring to the 6th gen not the 5th.
You are correct Angrybird the mail slot was not the only difference. I only mentioned it because Mr. Wyndham claimed that all the differences in the 2010-2013 SS are functional needs compared to the LS and LT. And my point was that the #1 most noticeable difference that owners, fans and non Camaro owners could point out was the mail slot. And it is very nonfunctional.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:01 PM   #60
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
1LT is Turbo 4
2LT is V6
SS is V8

RS package returns with exterior lighting effects and interior enhancements.
Actually... per the GM buyers playbook...

1LT and 2LT can have either T4 or V6

now, whether you can order a 1LT V6 is a different question
Quote:
This sounds like a rehash of the 5th gen SS guys complaining the V6 looked too much like an SS....
its bound to happen.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:18 PM   #61
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
Quote:
This is not the same thing, the 5Th Gen's SS and LT are different in looks. 2010-2015 Chevy made 2 cars one was a V8 and the other a V6 and each had their own style. Now Chevy has 3 cars T4, V6 and V8 but only 2 body's. The SS and the other one.

Chevrolet has always branded there cars with badging. the only car I can think of that has no personal branding was the 2010-2015 V6 Camaro. Now the 2016 T4 and V6 have no names no badges that are there own.

I remember when the SS owners got upset that Chevrolet was going to call one of the new cars SS. How could Chevy do that SS is our badge they would say.

Camaro owners did not mind sharing the SS, after all the SS had been used on other models. But that was the catch it was other models the new SS was its own make and its own model placing it above the Camaro and all other SS models.

I think that the V6 and T4 should have their own badges. I do not want to hear any of you going on about the Mustang T4 and V6 don't have model specific branding. My reply to you is whose side are you on?
Old 05-20-2015, 01:21 PM   #62
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
This is not the same thing, the 5Th Gen's SS and LT are different in looks. 2010-2015 Chevy made 2 cars one was a V8 and the other a V6 and each had their own style. Now Chevy has 3 cars T4, V6 and V8 but only 2 body's. The SS and the other one.

Chevrolet has always branded there cars with badging. the only car I can think of that has no personal branding was the 2010-2015 V6 Camaro. Now the 2016 T4 and V6 have no names no badges that are there own.

I remember when the SS owners got upset that Chevrolet was going to call one of the new cars SS. How could Chevy do that SS is our badge they would say.

Camaro owners did not mind sharing the SS, after all the SS had been used on other models. But that was the catch it was other models the new SS was its own make and its own model placing it above the Camaro and all other SS models.

I think that the V6 and T4 should have their own badges. I do not want to hear any of you going on about the Mustang T4 and V6 don't have model specific branding. My reply to you is whose side are you on?
It is the same thing, people are not wanting to have their car confused with a what they consider a "lesser model" that is all I was getting at. But since the I4 and V6 go into the same models they should look alike. Now you can always add the badge of your choice if you want, nobody will stop you.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:46 PM   #63
BSX_Camaro
Unleash the Beast!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
It matters because those of us who decided to get the more expensive and faster car with more options want to be different from the lower end models. It's like a exclusivity thing, we pay more so we want to be treated better to suppliment our investment.
If you are buying a SS to get better treatment over a T4 or V6, you are buying it for the wrong reason. When you pull up to a dealer, you are the same as every other Camaro owner. End of story.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:47 PM   #64
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post

did you modify the pic? Trying to remember if I have a separate copy to compare.

but the Blue car at the unveiling had the chrome on the lower grille
Took out the chrome from the upper and lower grill, thinned the bowtie to look like the new emblem, blacked out the lower side LED's, and dulled down the headlights.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:00 PM   #65
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I think the biggest issue is with some v8 owners anyway. I don't think an owner of a v6 will care if their car looks exactly like the I4 version. Most v6 owners don't have a superiority complex.

PS, I plan on getting the v8, so i'm not saying all v8 owners have superiority complexes. As I don't care if my car looks exactly like the other models...

Tags
5th gen, 6th gen