Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 07-21-2018, 05:50 PM   #813
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Now for something different. CotA in my rearview mirror (sort of)
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:51 AM   #814
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
Yes, a partial lift (50% min throttle) on entry for T2, then flat all the way to the bus stop. It was my goal for the event to stay flat through the esses, first time staying flat summoned every last ouce of balls I possess! Its a weird feeling changing direction at 120mph with your foot buried! After the first time though... If I was on a fast lap, I was flat. Agreed, slicks are the best bang for the buck, without question. However, I will say- the confidence to get every last ouce of grip from some of the stickest tires around.... doesn't come without a lot of self confidence in one's abilites. I'm glad I stuck with street tires for so long as I did when I was learning as a novice/intermediate/advanced driver, it made me push the car harder everywhere & force myself to carry more momentum to keep up with guys on stickier tires I wanted to run with. This trip to the Glen, reinforced the amazing capability of the SS 1LE. The way the car soaks up the curbing in the bus stop is hard to beleive. I'm very jealous of anyone who lives within a couple hours of the Glen, it is favorite track in North America.

As for RS4 vs. RE71R: RE71R on a single quali lap might have a slight pace advantage, but I like the RS4 better overall. The RS4 was clearly developed for track days. They don't overheat during a session and grip VERY well. RS4's matched my 1:39's on RE71R's @ Mid Ohio, and dipped into the 2:10's easy @ the Glen. It's friction circle is fantastic, they communicate very well, and when they slide they do so gradually and recover quickly. Biggest plus is the wear!!! Holy Cow. 3 days @ Mid Ohio, 2 days @ Grattan, 1/2 day @ Watkins Glen, 1 day @ NCM... and they look like they've seen 1 day on track. 75%+ life left. Plus being mounted on square wheels... I can rotate corner to corner to maximize tire life. I'm extremely happy with the wheel/tire package.
Thx for the feedback! What temps do you run the new tires at?
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:32 AM   #815
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Thx for the feedback! What temps do you run the new tires at?
I've never used a pyrometer at the track. Pressure-wise, the RS4's seem to like in the 33-34 hot range. It seems to be a very stiffly constructed tire (very different to what I've heard about the RS3), they don't need high pressure to support the vehicle. Wear has been dead even acrross the treadface (not much to speak of ).
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:55 AM   #816
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
I've never used a pyrometer at the track. Pressure-wise, the RS4's seem to like in the 33-34 hot range. It seems to be a very stiffly constructed tire (very different to what I've heard about the RS3), they don't need high pressure to support the vehicle. Wear has been dead even acrross the treadface (not much to speak of ).
Yep meant pressures i never use pyrometer either lol.
Your feedback is consistent with what ive heard re rs3 vs4: much stiffer sidewalls. Good to have it confirmed first hand - thx! Looks like a better choice for longevity and dual purpose vs NT01s...which is absolutely awesome news!
Old 08-06-2018, 06:31 PM   #817
TrackClub

A few pix from Canadian Motorsports Hall of Fame fundraiser at Mosport today. Basically giving rides to the public. Fantastic cars showed up including a new ZR1, McLarens, Viper ACR, Ford GT (this one for display purposes only), AMG GTs, M4s, Vettes, various race cars and a whole bunch of Camaros! Mostly ZL1 1LEs and ZL1s. I was the only SS there. Also only one lonely GT350R. A few celebrities were on hand giving rides as well including Scott Goodyear. A fun day!

Edit: no idea why the pix posted sideways...
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2018, 03:08 PM   #818
Rutkowski

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Spa Francorchamps and Hockenheim trip

So my first proper racetrack vacation is over and it was an absolute blast visiting those two fantastic tracks! Spa just has it all with great nature, different culture and a crazy exciting track layout. When I arrived and saw the Eau Rouge corner (or rather hill ^^) for the first time from the paddock I got the chills

Hockenheim is a small town 100% devoted to racing. Also fun track layout and very fast corners with generous runout zones. Enough to give me the confidence to get to the point of shooting a bit over the limit at a fast exit and catching the car without lifting the throttle. I’ll definitely stick with that

So enough talking here are the 4 vids I got online.
Spa

Hockenheim

P.S.
In both occasions the fastest lap happened before the final session because traffic in the last session didn’t allow it, despite me having a bit better speeds in the fast corners.
Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:18 PM   #819
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
So my first proper racetrack vacation is over and it was an absolute blast visiting those two fantastic tracks! Spa just has it all with great nature, different culture and a crazy exciting track layout. When I arrived and saw the Eau Rouge corner (or rather hill ^^) for the first time from the paddock I got the chills

Hockenheim is a small town 100% devoted to racing. Also fun track layout and very fast corners with generous runout zones. Enough to give me the confidence to get to the point of shooting a bit over the limit at a fast exit and catching the car without lifting the throttle. I’ll definitely stick with that

Spa

Hockenheim

P.S.
In both occasions the fastest lap happened before the final session because traffic in the last session didn’t allow it, despite me having a bit better speeds in the fast corners.
Words can't describe how jealous I am of you right now..... I really wish Uncle Sam would hurry up and send me to Germany or England so I can hit these two among other tracks over there! Nice laps!
Old 08-09-2018, 06:49 PM   #820
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Words can't describe how jealous I am of you right now..... I really wish Uncle Sam would hurry up and send me to Germany or England so I can hit these two among other tracks over there! Nice laps!
I agree. 2 epic tracks right there!
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:23 PM   #821
carguy55

Quote:

Great driving and some of the best tracks in the world to do it on
Old 08-09-2018, 08:28 PM   #822
carguy55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Edit: no idea why the pix posted sideways...
I think it's because you took vertical pics. I cropped them and made them landscape for you
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2018, 01:10 AM   #823
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:

P.S.
Just like in Forza! I can't wait to join you next year!
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:14 AM   #824
Rutkowski

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
Just like in Forza! I can't wait to join you next year!
Yeah man I’m really excited to have a fellow 1LE around! I’ll gladly give up the unicorn status for that
I just signed up for the German Camaro forum and so far nobody knows of any other imported ones here.... well their loss ^^
Received super positive feedback about the car again all around. Some regular SS owners were going nuts about the performance
Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:14 PM   #825
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Indianapolis Motor Speedway!

I just returned home from an epic 3 day HPDE at Indianapolis Motor Speedway with Mid Ohio Region PCA. What an experience!

I can't believe I turned down this event for the last 3 years, thinking I didn't like the road course. The track is fantastic, and the experience of IMS is impossible to put into words.

Here's a lap around IMS's road course (F1 config I'm told). Yeah... that's a new GT2 RS at the end. I was able to to ride in it on track the next session after this video. This is the 18th (I believe) heat cycle on these tires in my ownership (Pirelli P-Zero DH 285/645 square)... same tires I ran for two days at Watkins Glen last month. They are well past their prime, but still damn impressive. Enjoy!

Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:51 PM   #826
TrackClub

Rutkowski: those damn pokey exotics eh? Lol! Great vid -thx!
Carguy55: thank you!
Provoste: magic. Ps I bet this pcar guy was mighty pissed