Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-13-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Elite Engineering Catch can for LT4

I am thinking about going with this next spring when the car comes out of hibernation.

Elite sent me install instructions but they are for a Z06.

Do any of you have an Elite catch can on a Gen6 Zl1?

If you have any other input on catch can brands for the Zl1 let me know. I did a search and there isn’t much on the forum about th Gen 6.

Most of the info I found was for the last generation Zl1.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #2
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Elite Engineering Ex2 here!
This was first oil change after my build...car had multiple dyno and street runs over a 2 week build. I'm curious to see how much is in the catch can on a normal oil run.
Attached Images

Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:03 PM   #3
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
This was first oil change after my build...car had multiple dyno and street runs over a 2 week build. I'm curious to see how much is in the catch can on a normal oil run.
WOW!!! That is a ton of oil!!!!!

The instructions they have are for the Z06 and on that car the mounting location is different

Where did you get the instructions for the install ? Or did Weapon X install it for you?

Did you drill into the plastic piece that goes into the throttle body to install the second line?

EDIT. yes, you did drill into the plastic intake tube. Looks good, I thought it would make it look like a hack job.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 12-13-2018, 08:35 PM   #4
Intimidator

It was installed during my build...on the other thread, Elite Engineering said installation was the same from ZO6 to ZL1???
Old 12-13-2018, 09:43 PM   #5
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
Easy to do
Great video on YouTube on how to install the elite 2X catch can on a ZL1 gen6 ;-)
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:47 PM   #6
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
WOW!!! That is a ton of oil!!!!!

The instructions they have are for the Z06 and on that car the mounting location is different

Where did you get the instructions for the install ? Or did Weapon X install it for you?

Did you drill into the plastic piece that goes into the throttle body to install the second line?

EDIT. yes, you did drill into the plastic intake tube. Looks good, I thought it would make it look like a hack job.
Let me know if we can be of help!

https://weaponxmotorsports.com/produ...=4090567458843
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:07 AM   #7
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
I did this video for them about six months ago, it's on their website in the installation section.

After 2K miles results
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:33 AM   #8
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit.fr View Post
Easy to do
Great video on YouTube on how to install the elite 2X catch can on a ZL1 gen6 ;-)
Thank you for letting me know about the YouTube video. Gave it a quick look and it doesn’t look too bad of an install. However, I didn’t like the fact that he had to grind down the outlet coming out of the engine block because it was hitting the water pump. Did you have to do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
You can actually help. I have a question on the placement of the cam itself in the engine bay.

In the pictures of your build (at the top of this thread) you guys mounted the catch can near the radiator. On this YouTube video https://youtu.be/aLn_hy5pxH4 He installed the can near the firewall.

My question is this, did you guys use a custom bracket to install near the radiator?

I don’t want to install the catch can near he firewall because I might be installing a supercharger coolant reservoir there.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 12-14-2018, 06:38 AM   #9
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwav8r View Post
I did this video for them about six months ago, it's on their website in the installation section.

After 2K miles results
Aahhh, yes!!! Your video is the one on YouTube. Thank you for making that video by the way, nice job on it.

Looking back at the install is there anything you would have done differently?

I cringed when you mentioned you had to grind down the part of the valve that comes out of the engine block because it was hitting the water pump.

Could you have installed the catch can near the radiator instead of where you did, near the firewall?

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 12-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #10
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro

Use this guys video for your instructions as well.

Thanks all! You will not find a more effective system on the market. Trapping up to 95% plus of all the oil and other contaminants VS most well known other designs trapping less than 1/2 allowing most to still be ingested.

And as always, email our Tech Support Team with any questions or guidance needed.

Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #11
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Aahhh, yes!!! Your video is the one on YouTube. Thank you for making that video by the way, nice job on it.

Looking back at the install is there anything you would have done differently?

I cringed when you mentioned you had to grind down the part of the valve that comes out of the engine block because it was hitting the water pump.

Could you have installed the catch can near the radiator instead of where you did, near the firewall?
The one thing I would do differently (and I mention this in the video), is to mount the can where you want to put it and then run the rubber hose from the point of attachment (either the vacuum lines or new diverter) back to the can to ensure you don't cut a hose too short.

Grinding down the nipple on the diverter was actually very simple and easy. Of all the things I need to do to mount the can that was, by far, one of the easiest things to do. I used an angle grinder but, a bench mounted sander or grinding wheel would have worked better.

As far as the mounting location. I would LOVE to mount the catch can between the engine and the radiator. I just didn't want to take the time and engineer a mount to do so (hint, hint, Elite Engineering ). There's room up there for it but it needs a different mounting bracket to make it work.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #12
zfuzz

Drives: 69 Z28 / 12 ZL1
Intimidator do you have any pics of your bracket and how/where it is attached?

Thanks for sharing
zfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:07 PM   #13
Intimidator

Here ya go!
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2018, 01:15 PM   #14
Intimidator

That's the best shots I have...lucky the quality stayed good after I zoomed.
Attached Images