Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-13-2018, 02:39 PM   #1
getchapull
TEXIT

Drives: 2019 ZL1 M6
In the market for a ZL1 M6 - Houston area

Howdy,

So I just sold my 1996 Z28 that I bought new and now will start my search for a ZL1. What dealerships do you boys recommend in and around the Houston area? Probably going to order the car, I'd rather not buy used as I like to keep the cars for a long time.

Thanks.
getchapull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:56 AM   #2
17txcamaross

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Mac Haik has been good to me for service. Didn't use them for my purchase though. I would use them for purchase if I ever upgraded or bought another Chevy vehicle.
17txcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:56 PM   #3
getchapull
TEXIT

Thanks for reply. Do you think they will have allocation for a ZL1? I have never ordered a car before but based on the order thread sticky I perused it seems some dealerships will have allocation and some will not. I suppose allocation is based on sales numbers for the ZL1.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by getchapull View Post
Thanks for reply. Do you think they will have allocation for a ZL1? I have never ordered a car before but based on the order thread sticky I perused it seems some dealerships will have allocation and some will not. I suppose allocation is based on sales numbers for the ZL1.
I order mine from BeckyD right here on the forum and she has it shipped to a dealer near you at no extra charge. She will track it and give you updates along the way as well as all applicable rebates etc.

Here's her tracking thread..

What part of Houston are you in? David Croft up in Tomball at Parkway Chevrolet is a ZL1 owner and great guy to deal with too.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:46 PM   #5
getchapull
TEXIT

mlee,

I live in Spring but I would drive in and around the Houston area for the best deal.

Thanks for info on David and Becky.

I've never ordered a car let alone bought one away from my own area, I suppose the process is the same with the deposit check etc. or are dealerships different regarding deposits on ordered cars?
Old 08-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
mlee,

I live in Spring but I would drive in and around the Houston area for the best deal.

Thanks for info on David and Becky.

I've never ordered a car let alone bought one away from my own area, I suppose the process is the same with the deposit check etc. or are dealerships different regarding deposits on ordered cars?
Same Same... The ordering process is no different just that you get to pick all the options. I have a car on order right now with Becky. She makes it a lot of fun here on the forum watching the order as it progresses to built and shipped. Mine is set to be built on Monday... should get a VIN on Tuesday.

Feel free to ask any questions in her thread. She answers questions very quickly and is super helpful no mater if you buy from her or somewhere else.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:37 PM   #7
vince3

Drives: Hyper Blue 16' M6 1ss
Granger Chevrolet was really good to me. It was worth the 1 1/2 drive from Houston for the deal on my camaro. l
Old 08-15-2018, 06:46 AM   #8
greaser2

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1 KG
Buying a ZL1 is the same as buying any car.
greaser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:43 AM   #9
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
ZL1 allocation is limited but not hard to get. I can get one if you want to order a little closer to home. I know there's a lot of Becky bias but I've helped forum members buy their cars too and I'm in Texas.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:01 AM   #10
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
ZL1 allocation is limited but not hard to get. I can get one if you want to order a little closer to home. I know there's a lot of Becky bias but I've helped forum members buy their cars too and I'm in Texas.
Bias... you really said that? and GM ships directly to you so it doesn't matter if you're in Dallas or Detroit.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #11
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Bias... you really said that? and GM ships directly to you so it doesn't matter if you're in Dallas or Detroit.
Yes I did. It's true. Nothing wrong with it but I pay for sponsorship on this site too and forum admins seem to overlook that sometimes. It is what it is. I'm just trying to help a fellow Texan here and make folks aware that I'm here to help as well.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #12
getchapull
TEXIT

mlee,

That's pretty cool you know that your build is on a Monday.

Would you have canceled a Friday build?

greaser2 - where did you buy your ZL1?

I work in the Porter / Kingwood area. If your around I would love to see your car up close.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:47 AM   #13
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
Good buddy from the office has purchased all his vehicles from britian chevy... in fact he just received his 18 chevy silverdo, super nice. He has nothing but postive feedback w/ those guys for decades.

Just fyi
Old 08-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
mlee,

That's pretty cool you know that your build is on a Monday.

Would you have canceled a Friday build?

greaser2 - where did you buy your ZL1?

I work in the Porter / Kingwood area. If your around I would love to see your car up close.
Nah, I'll just take it when I get it. It's actually a TPW date Target Production Week so starting Monday it could be built any time that week, but since this is the 1st production week for 2019 it will probably be early. Also, since 2019 is just now starting an order/allocation make take a while so get ready for a wait but it's all just fun to track them here.
greaser2 has a super awesome ride and a really cool color. I'm in Conroe so very close to you as well. We'll have to meet up sometime after we both get our cars.

If you want close, David Croft at Parkway Chevy on 249 and 99 is your best bet.