Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-07-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
valley_man0505

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT w/RS
My first "toy" car

Hello all. I am the proud new owner of 2011 2LT w/RS package. This is the first time I've owned a car meant purely for fun, and I am already getting the performance upgrade itch. I am capable of doing a lot of basic mechanical work myself, but my garage is not set up for it very well...especially when it comes to anything that needs to be done from underneath the car.

The car itself is in pristine condition despite having over 80,000 miles on it. It has been stored every winter, so it has never seen salt. I currently have it put away in my garage for the winter season I don't have a ton of history on the car, so is there anything in particular that I should look for mechanically that could lead to potential problems?

A few other questions/notes:
  • The exhaust has been upgraded with an axle back Dynomax Ultra Flo system. I haven't been able to get under the car enough to see if anything was done anywhere else in the exhaust system.
  • It also has a Roto-Fab CAI
  • No oil catch can, so I will add this. Should I go as far as pulling off the intake manifold to inspect/clean since it has gone this long without one?
  • If the throttle body has been ported, will this be easy to tell? I'm pretty new to this, so I don't know if I'd know the difference by looking at it, especially with nothing to compare it to.
  • Any performance tuning recommendations?

I think that's it at this point. Glad to be a new member of this community. Now, it is going to be a LONG winter waiting to get it back out of storage!
valley_man0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:26 PM   #2
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Spike III Build 2011 IBM 1SS/RS [COTW 6/25/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by valley_man0505 View Post
Hello all. I am the proud new owner of 2011 2LT w/RS package. This is the first time I've owned a car meant purely for fun, and I am already getting the performance upgrade itch. I am capable of doing a lot of basic mechanical work myself, but my garage is not set up for it very well...especially when it comes to anything that needs to be done from underneath the car.

The car itself is in pristine condition despite having over 80,000 miles on it. It has been stored every winter, so it has never seen salt. I currently have it put away in my garage for the winter season I don't have a ton of history on the car, so is there anything in particular that I should look for mechanically that could lead to potential problems?

A few other questions/notes:
  • The exhaust has been upgraded with an axle back Dynomax Ultra Flo system. I haven't been able to get under the car enough to see if anything was done anywhere else in the exhaust system.
  • It also has a Roto-Fab CAI
  • No oil catch can, so I will add this. Should I go as far as pulling off the intake manifold to inspect/clean since it has gone this long without one?
  • If the throttle body has been ported, will this be easy to tell? I'm pretty new to this, so I don't know if I'd know the difference by looking at it, especially with nothing to compare it to.
  • Any performance tuning recommendations?

I think that's it at this point. Glad to be a new member of this community. Now, it is going to be a LONG winter waiting to get it back out of storage!

Well welcome to the Camaro family.
That really sucks you just buy it and have to store it for the winter. You'll get use to it. I have a 2011 1ss/rs and have been putting it up for the last 8 years.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #3
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Welcome

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:30 PM   #4
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Welcome!
Old 12-08-2018, 09:56 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 12-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #6
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Welcome to the board and congrats on the Camaro. If you are looking for mods stop by our site and shop around. Use code CAMARO5 and save on tons of items.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:01 AM   #7
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014