#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 11-30-2018, 05:45 AM   #85
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post
If that's a typo and you meant 305/30/20 in the rear, then there is no need to relocate the wiring harness or worry about traction management as that is the stock SS 1LE rear tire size. The only time you need to relocate the harness is when you go to a 315 width or a 35 height in the rear.
The 295/30/20 in the front instead of stock 285/30/20 is only 13/32" wider and 19/64" taller. I drove up to 90ish on the highway today and pretty much all over town shipping the Lexanis back without any issues.

Stock 18' SS 1LE rims. Tire Barn DID say the fronts were more difficult to mount on the rims than the rears, but they did it without so much as a blemish on any of the wheels which is actually a first for me with ANY tire shop I have used. They ALWAYS seem to do some type of damage whenever I've had tires mounted.
So after additional week how have the tires been?

Not sure if anyone checked the new member thread yet but we got a new person with a blue 1LE...tires seem wrapped in conti extremecontact

(hopefully DWS...)

link https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...96&postcount=1

when they reply..if we get confirmation, we will have another all season to add to the list of a whopping.....3 tires lol

Comp 2AS
Lexani tires
Re980AS
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:54 AM   #86
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy1LE View Post

Not sure if anyone checked the new member thread yet but we got a new person with a blue 1LE...tires seem wrapped in conti extremecontact

(hopefully DWS...)

link https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...96&postcount=1

when they reply..if we get confirmation, we will have another all season to add to the list of a whopping.....3 tires lol

Comp 2AS
Lexani tires
Re980AS
Tread pattern appears to be summer only.
I see no sipes in the tread at all.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:04 AM   #87
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Def a summer tire
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:59 AM   #88
Reddy1LE

Damnit i was so fixated on the name..never looked at the tread. I think you can see the SP logo next to extremecontact as well.. ugh.

RE980AS.. still waiting then
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Old 11-30-2018, 07:08 AM   #89
pondo

Drives: '23 SS 1LE
Glad you noticed the new Blue Beast! The front's are indeed continental SP. The rear's are summer only Michelins Pilot Sports and slick as grease on 20 degree mornings. I'll probably be on the hunt for all seasons when I wear this set out since I do daily drive the car a relatively short distance to work every day (7.5 miles one way).

'23 SS 1LE Rapid Blue
18’ SS 1LE Hyper Blue - sold
pondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:28 AM   #90
Josh1475

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Got the RE980AS installed last week in Northern VA. 295/30/20 fronts and 305/30/20 rear. Rides extremely well and I'm impressed with their wet handling. No rubbing in the front.
Josh1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:29 AM   #91
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Loving them still. Had to drive in some 5AM light snow in downtown Indy Tuesday. With those and the Snow/Ice setting on the car, I had no problems getting in and out the snow dusted parking lot at work, and up and down my sloped driveway. They feel pretty grippe on long sweeping highway ramps too. I had DWS06's on my 675hp Stage 3 Roush Mustang and they were awesome. I would have went with those if they were available in our sizes. When I first started looking for all seasons, I reached out to Continental and asked them to consider making our stock sizes. They thanked me for my request and said it would be 3 years to have a new size available
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:47 AM   #92
Reddy1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondo View Post
Glad you noticed the new Blue Beast! The front's are indeed continental SP. The rear's are summer only Michelins Pilot Sports and slick as grease on 20 degree mornings. I'll probably be on the hunt for all seasons when I wear this set out since I do daily drive the car a relatively short distance to work every day (7.5 miles one way).
Agh! Was hoping for DWS action! A man can dream!!

i wonder though 285/30/20..is that to much a stretch for the rear..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1475 View Post
Got the RE980AS installed last week in Northern VA. 295/30/20 fronts and 305/30/20 rear. Rides extremely well and I'm impressed with their wet handling. No rubbing in the front.
Great to hear!! Still have mine on backorder, glad to hear the tires are good though and worth the wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post
Loving them still. Had to drive in some 5AM light snow in downtown Indy Tuesday. With those and the Snow/Ice setting on the car, I had no problems getting in and out the snow dusted parking lot at work, and up and down my sloped driveway. They feel pretty grippe on long sweeping highway ramps too. I had DWS06's on my 675hp Stage 3 Roush Mustang and they were awesome. I would have went with those if they were available in our sizes. When I first started looking for all seasons, I reached out to Continental and asked them to consider making our stock sizes. They thanked me for my request and said it would be 3 years to have a new size available
This is what i want to hear! Snow being no problemo! NYC we get the occasional dusting and the once in awhile 2-6" snowfall otherwise its 40 below.

With cars coming with more sport packages, hell even some base models coming with some aggressive wheel setups..you'd think tire companies would be out there copy and pasting there tires onto new sizes..
Old 12-01-2018, 09:10 PM   #93
MarkC

Drives: 2018 HBM 2SS/1LE
I went up to the NC mountains last week and ended up driving on a dry road in the mid 20's, then on wet roads in mid 30's with my Potenza RE970AS fronts and S001 rears. I have no complaints at all, cold traction was great but you still have to drive smart with 455HP on tap.

Quote:
With cars coming with more sport packages, hell even some base models coming with some aggressive wheel setups..you'd think tire companies would be out there copy and pasting there tires onto new sizes..
It's not quite that simple right now. My plant (Bridgestone) is at max capacity producing tires that are already sold, wouldn't make too much sense to pass up guaranteed sold tires to speculate on a new market. However, they do seem to eventually end up making at least one tire in each size that's needed on most cars.
MarkC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #94
TDS911

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
For what it's worth, I ordered the Lexani Twentys (Twenties?) and they have M&S molded on the sidewall, so these are classified as all seasons (Mud and Snow).

It hasn't snowed around here recently, so I can't testify on how well they work, but at least they are not Summer Performance after all.
TDS911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:52 AM   #95
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
I know this is a little bit older thread, but any long term updates by those that have gone with the Bridgstone Re980AS 295-30-20 up front??? With summer's end not too far off, and cooler temps just around the corner, I figured it might be good point to discuss all seasons for 1LE's again.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #96
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
I know this is a little bit older thread, but any long term updates by those that have gone with the Bridgstone Re980AS 295-30-20 up front??? With summer's end not too far off, and cooler temps just around the corner, I figured it might be good point to discuss all seasons for 1LE's again.
Hoping Michelin releases their 305 all season that will come on the base C8.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:02 AM   #97
bkfamus

Drives: '19 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
Yeah, I'm also curious about any longterm impact of the

I Just traded in my '15 SS 1LE for a 19 SS 1LE.. Living in MD I DD, mainly highway and don't Track... I'm looking for some all seasons as well and I'm considering the Potenza RE980AS.. Just a little leery about any potential impact of using 295 on the front tires..

Also wondering if I should mix tires and go with the Potenza 305/30/20 on the rear and the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 285/30ZR20 up front...

Would appreciate any thoughts, experiences or suggestions..
bkfamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:01 AM   #98
Slipswitch

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1le
They work great

I went with the Bridgestone 295 front and 305 rear. No issues noted in the 3 weeks i have had them. They are great in the rain at least compared to the Goodyear’s.
Slipswitch is offline   Reply With Quote