Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-28-2018, 03:31 PM   #43
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Does the HPT repository still exist dekes1 ? I tried to find it several months back, and it was like it just vanished.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:01 PM   #44
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Does the HPT repository still exist dekes1 ? I tried to find it several months back, and it was like it just vanished.
Its finally back! At least it was when I looked a while back. Unless its down again. lol
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:54 AM   #45
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Its finally back! At least it was when I looked a while back. Unless its down again. lol
Found it! Appears not to work with anything >4.0

At least its back I guess.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 12-02-2018, 08:06 AM   #46
Grnmtnboy

Drives: It's slow and has 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
That may he where the problem is small changes between the ATS and Camaro that are so small it's not noticeable to the naked eye.
I can say its hard to compare the tunes as the older ATS uses a different ECU and alot of the tables have changed. The newer ECU seems to have less tables and uses different units of measure for a few of the tables so its hard to really compare the two without doing alot of conversions. That being said I am sure the Cadillac tune is more cushy because theyre more meant for old men like myself.

Back to the main topic...Been logging with Gino and you can see a difference. The desired boost with the stock valve typically varied from actual by 3-4psi throughout a pull. After the valve its typically within a pound or less occasionally hitting two. Boost seems to be holding much better higher in the RPM range. It has me wanting one for sure.
Grnmtnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:23 PM   #47
Chris1592

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2.0T RS
Received my valve in the mail yesterday and made some time to get in the garage to install it right away.

The workmanship and thought put into the design of this valve is superb. The install video guides you through everything needed for the install.

I ran into a snag installing mine. I think when I first installed the valve, the bushing was wedged/stuck back into the valve and wasn't freely springing. After removing it and realizing that was what my problem was, installation was a breeze. Make sure that the valve opens and closes freely before bolting it back on (Primarily just installer error haha).

I haven't done much testing with the valve on the car yet, but from a glance I can definitely feel that the car is much smoother accelerating and the power comes in quicker. I will update this post with some logs and numbers when I am able to do some additional testing.

Happy Customer and well worth the purchase.
Chris1592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:42 PM   #48
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1592 View Post
Received my valve in the mail yesterday and made some time to get in the garage to install it right away.

The workmanship and thought put into the design of this valve is superb. The install video guides you through everything needed for the install.

I ran into a snag installing mine. I think when I first installed the valve, the bushing was wedged/stuck back into the valve and wasn't freely springing. After removing it and realizing that was what my problem was, installation was a breeze. Make sure that the valve opens and closes freely before bolting it back on (Primarily just installer error haha).

I haven't done much testing with the valve on the car yet, but from a glance I can definitely feel that the car is much smoother accelerating and the power comes in quicker. I will update this post with some logs and numbers when I am able to do some additional testing.

Happy Customer and well worth the purchase.
Hell yea good to hear bro
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:50 AM   #49
6th_gen_gino

https://youtu.be/HJekVZWM7L4
Old 12-05-2018, 10:03 AM   #50
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_gen_gino View Post
What CAI do you have?
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #51
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_gen_gino View Post

Sounds awesome!!

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 12-05-2018, 02:17 PM   #52
6th_gen_gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
What CAI do you have?
Injen open intake
Old 12-08-2018, 07:51 AM   #53
Adb1lt

Drives: Black 2017 2.0
How many people have this installed on a 6 speed?? Everyone I know with one has an auto.
Adb1lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:44 AM   #54
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adb1lt View Post
How many people have this installed on a 6 speed?? Everyone I know with one has an auto.
I have it. What do you want to know?
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:44 AM   #55
BlueBomber2.0

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT 2.0
Got mine on Friday. Installing it tomorrow when I get back from vacation. Will update on Monday.
BlueBomber2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:44 AM   #56
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Installed mine yesterday!!! She pulls HARD almost all the way to red line now. I (as I am sure those of you who race know)was losing boost and power around 5.2k RPM. With the BOL, it feels as though i've gained another 2k almost of powerband.

My Install Video HERE

Subscribe and leave your comments!

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote