Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-20-2018, 07:18 PM   #71
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzsteve View Post
A larger supply/low pressure pump does not require any tuning.
Thanks Steve! When are yall pushing a stage kit that follows this build?
Old 09-21-2018, 09:39 AM   #72
Zzsteve

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 View Post
Thanks Steve! When are yall pushing a stage kit that follows this build?
we just launched our new website, which makes adding things like that MUCH easier, so we'll be working on making several pre-made "stage kits" shortly!
Zzsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:49 AM   #73
ryansalazan24

Drives: 2017 Cadillac ATS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0t_godfather View Post
The 11.97 setup ran 12.40s on 285 rear street tires and stock front tires. They were goodyear eagle f1 supercar g2
Thats a really good time even with wider tires I'm sure for a better launch. Was the 12.40 time on an ethanol mix if so what mix? I'm curious as I have fbo as well and am looking into an e mix here soon and will try taking it to the drag strip but I'm on the stock size rear tires but michelin pilot sport 4s. I'm curious to see what it should run. Going off your post though, a fbo ltg rwd car with 8 speed auto and with an e mix should be good for a mid 12 I dont think that sounds too optomistic
ryansalazan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #74
51FIFFT

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 FIFTY @51fifft

I thought I was reading my life bio haha, pulling a BB out laying in my gravel driveway w/ single digit temps, don't miss that shit . Rebuilding a 2 spd pg without ever doing it before as a teen ( 15 ) and end up with all reverse gears I learned real quick that building a high performance
( race ) engine and trying to daily drive it was a mistake. You just end up breaking shit and having to replace it all the time ( damn starters and high compression )

Sounds like some good shit in the works for the community.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:21 PM   #75
Rick2525

Drives: Camaro Turbo
Guys, sorry for interrupting your conversation, I would like to know if possible by ZZP or anyone with some good experience firsthand some basic information.

All I want to know is how far can I push this car without opening the motor and only using 93 octane fuel. As you can see I am not an expert on the subject but what is the limitations of the stock turbo, what down pipe works well with the stock turbo, what air intake, what tuning, what exhaust.

Is there a package deal out there for a stock turbo, stage 1, 2, 3?

If I upgrade the turbo do I need to do the internals as well?

Any help will be appreciated.
Rick2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:06 PM   #76
dpelow07

Drives: ats
any chance of a quick write up on the intake zl1 pump. Did you drop the tank, are they the same connectors, and will it need anything else besides just that pump?
dpelow07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:46 PM   #77
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51FIFFT View Post

I thought I was reading my life bio haha, pulling a BB out laying in my gravel driveway w/ single digit temps, don't miss that shit . Rebuilding a 2 spd pg without ever doing it before as a teen ( 15 ) and end up with all reverse gears I learned real quick that building a high performance
( race ) engine and trying to daily drive it was a mistake. You just end up breaking shit and having to replace it all the time ( damn starters and high compression )

Sounds like some good shit in the works for the community.
My first PG was cast iron... beat that one...
All my performance cars are daily drivers, why else build one, my SS with D1X supercharger, cam, heads, headers, MSD, 103 TB is a daily... I did burn up my starter and needed to wrap my header and starter...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:47 PM   #78
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansalazan24 View Post
Thats a really good time even with wider tires I'm sure for a better launch. Was the 12.40 time on an ethanol mix if so what mix? I'm curious as I have fbo as well and am looking into an e mix here soon and will try taking it to the drag strip but I'm on the stock size rear tires but michelin pilot sport 4s. I'm curious to see what it should run. Going off your post though, a fbo ltg rwd car with 8 speed auto and with an e mix should be good for a mid 12 I dont think that sounds too optomistic
FBO would include a big turbo but of course no cam... mid 12s with PS4s should be cake.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote