Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-04-2018, 01:22 AM   #85
MickNotTheMouse

Drives: 2016 White 2SS M6 NPP MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post
32/30 for me

Because our season is so short here I never fully killed a set. For me about 50 runs and I felt my fronts were toast. You can flip them and get more butnive always felt once you flip Bridgestones they aren’t as fast. Kinda one reason Sam Karp is going to stp or cam for tire wear.

isnt it crazy that we have 8.5 front and 9.5 rear and the M3 comp pack has 9" up front and 10" in the rear!!
What are your alignment specs if you don't mind me asking? Trying to get more life out of my tires in F street as well. It seems like you're able to run significantly less pressure in the RE71Rs than Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Is this true of the tire or am I getting something completely wrong here?

Thanks for the help!

Trying to learn to drive in SCCA FS Class, check out my YouTube
MickNotTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:00 AM   #86
Dads1le

Drives: 17 ss1le. Pray headcam e85 fbo msd
18 inch rear. 19 inch front auto x setup

So this is what I’m seriousl considering with the supposed new 19 inch BFg rival availability. Run 335/30/18 rear. 25.9 inch diameter and 305/30/19 26.3 inch diameter. Stock diameters for the 1le are 26.8 front 27.2 rear so .4 inch taller in the back. The 19/18 setup would be .4 shorter in the back so I was thinking of using Moreno camber plates to drop front down .5 inch to make the rake almost identical to stock
My car is a cammed ported 1le that I’m running in cam class Have the dsc controller which does help in transitions and full compressed cornering and also adjustable rear sway which I’m figuring out. I need as much tire as I can get as the motor build with a “torque cam” netted over 450 lb ft of torque for a 3200rpm spread
So what do you guys think. I can’t see any reason not to try it other than chipping the crap out of my paint
Dads1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:25 AM   #87
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickNotTheMouse View Post
What are your alignment specs if you don't mind me asking? Trying to get more life out of my tires in F street as well. It seems like you're able to run significantly less pressure in the RE71Rs than Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Is this true of the tire or am I getting something completely wrong here?

Thanks for the help!

That’s classified!

Lol jk.

Front the car only gets 2 degrees and that’s what I’m at with a small amount of toe out in the front.

I tested the 265 late in the season up front. They wore soooo much better! It was insane. They don’t deflect as much so that center rib doesn’t get all tore up. Some people believe the larger the tire the better and I do agree with that but expense wise... sometimes it make me think lol.
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:20 AM   #88
jwisjw

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads1le View Post
So this is what I’m seriousl considering with the supposed new 19 inch BFg rival availability. Run 335/30/18 rear. 25.9 inch diameter and 305/30/19 26.3 inch diameter. Stock diameters for the 1le are 26.8 front 27.2 rear so .4 inch taller in the back. The 19/18 setup would be .4 shorter in the back so I was thinking of using Moreno camber plates to drop front down .5 inch to make the rake almost identical to stock
My car is a cammed ported 1le that I’m running in cam class Have the dsc controller which does help in transitions and full compressed cornering and also adjustable rear sway which I’m figuring out. I need as much tire as I can get as the motor build with a “torque cam” netted over 450 lb ft of torque for a 3200rpm spread
So what do you guys think. I can’t see any reason not to try it other than chipping the crap out of my paint
Will the front 1LE calipers not clear a 18" wheel? Seems like a good setup to me.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:40 PM   #89
Dads1le

18inch clear brakes ok but hit the spindle with 10.5 inch wide wheels is what I’ve read from road race guys that have tried them
Old 02-04-2018, 05:03 PM   #90
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
18inch clear brakes ok but hit the spindle with 10.5 inch wide wheels is what I’ve read from road race guys that have tried them
You could get camber plates and run low knuckle camber like -1, and another -2 on the camber plates. That would allow the 18"s.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:48 PM   #91
Dads1le

Good point but if I go that way with the bfg then the front (25.4 - .5 drop with camber plate= 24.9)has a full 1 inch drop compared to the rear(25.9) and I am worried about that much change in f/r weight distribution upsetting the balance of the car. This thing works so well stock it’s hard to mess with but... here I go anyway
Old 02-05-2018, 09:58 AM   #92
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Good point but if I go that way with the bfg then the front (25.4 - .5 drop with camber plate= 24.9)has a full 1 inch drop compared to the rear(25.9) and I am worried about that much change in f/r weight distribution upsetting the balance of the car. This thing works so well stock it’s hard to mess with but... here I go anyway
The amounts you lower a car's suspension have very little to do with the weight distribution.

What seems to happen is people look at the amounts lowered and think in terms of how much added weight it would take to lower the car the same amounts. It doesn't work that way (I'm thinking closer to 53.0%/47.0% moving to something like 53.2/46.8 . . . which I suspect is less than the change in weight distribution you get going from a full fuel tank down to a quarter tank, which can and sometimes does happen on the track).

Maybe Formula 1 worries about such tiny effects , but it's a waste of time for us to.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 02-18-2018 at 06:36 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:56 PM   #93
jwisjw

Anyone at the Fort Meyers Pro Solo looking for a co-drive? Might be in town that weekend. I don't have much to offer but I'll try to be gentle on your tires.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:30 PM   #94
jwisjw

Final testing done with the current setup on a completely opposite surface at Auto Club Speedway, which is a really low grip asphalt surface that has huge voids probably due to age/use. I will say I struggled a lot and wasn't disciplined, especially under braking. Saturday's practice, I blew the same braking zones in probably 3-4 different cars. Sunday (the championship day), I told myself not to be as eager but still left time out there, especially under braking. Managed to somehow PAX decently well; Brian Peters took one run in my car and beat me by a tenth (my raw time), that would have had top pax. The course didn't allow him to adapt as early because the higher speed transitions were down hill/off camber, he most likely would have been a lot faster.

2/10-2/11 Southern California - Autoclub Speedway

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R AAA Speedway Practice 2/11 Brian
F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R AAA Speedway Practice 2/11 Jeff
F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R AAA Speedway Practice 2/11 Nicole
Old 02-14-2018, 09:14 PM   #95
apexit53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisjw View Post
Final testing done with the current setup on a completely opposite surface at Auto Club Speedway, which is a really low grip asphalt surface that has huge voids probably due to age/use. I will say I struggled a lot and wasn't disciplined, especially under braking. Saturday's practice, I blew the same braking zones in probably 3-4 different cars. Sunday (the championship day), I told myself not to be as eager but still left time out there, especially under braking. Managed to somehow PAX decently well; Brian Peters took one run in my car and beat me by a tenth (my raw time), that would have had top pax. The course didn't allow him to adapt as early because the higher speed transitions were down hill/off camber, he most likely would have been a lot faster.

2/10-2/11 Southern California - Autoclub Speedway

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R AAA Speedway Practice 2/11 Brian
F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R AAA Speedway Practice 2/11 Jeff
F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R AAA Speedway Practice 2/11 Nicole
looking good! You two going to be at spring nats? I know sometimes the cali people don't go since its soo far out.
#53 F Street
Autocrossing Videos
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
Old 02-16-2018, 05:05 PM   #96
jwisjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post
looking good! You two going to be at spring nats? I know sometimes the cali people don't go since its soo far out.

We generally make it out to Spring Nationals, the plan is too this year.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:04 PM   #97
apexit53

Quote:
We generally make it out to Spring Nationals, the plan is too this year.
Awesome! Should be a fun class.
#53 F Street
Autocrossing Videos
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
Old 02-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #98
HyperspaceTurd

Drives: 17 1SS 6MT, 09 Tacoma TRD Sport
Quote:
Went out to Arizona this past weekend and was able to test our Koni Custom Double Adjustable for the front of the Camaro. I will say that the front were a night and day difference with the stock front bar, the range was very usable and could possibly use some more rebound, I was conservative and wanted to overlap the stock valving. Rear shocks on the street no longer felt compliant and was very sluggish in transitions when autocrossing. The plan is to have Koni Custom Double Adjustable rear shocks with the bigger Strut rod that will offer more more compliance and efficiency when adjusting through the range.

11/12 Marana Arizona - Marana Regional Airport

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R Marana Regional Airport 12/10 Side by Side

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R Marana Regional Airport 12/10 Jeff

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R Marana Regional Airport 12/10 Nicole
Those dampers have me all jelly. Where can I get a set?
HyperspaceTurd is offline   Reply With Quote