Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-09-2021, 07:34 PM   #1
sheetzdw

Drives: 2017 Camaro LT1
need help planning install of Axxess AX-DSPX-MOST1

HI guys, I need help planning install of Axxess AX-DSPX-MOST1

I am confused whether I need to access front dash or the trunk? I want to add several amps and a Alpine DSP (Alpine PXE-X09) I will be doing full active for 3 channels up front and in back and a sub channel .

How easy and where do I find the plug in? Feel free to link if someone has a detailed post on how to install the Axxess AX-DSPX-MOST1

thanks in advance I appreciate your help
sheetzdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 05:09 AM   #2
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
I'm not sure if it shows this specific device, but 5-Star car audio did at least one install video in a 6th gen...Search them on YouTube.
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 11:19 AM   #3
rcoe

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Everything should be done from the rear. Bose amp is back there and that is where it grabs the signal from.

If you are going to be running a separate DSP you might want to get a different interface like the NavTv. The Axxess one looks like it has a built in DSP so you are paying a little more for it. The NavTv will give you 3 full range RCA outs that you will then run to you DSP.

With T harnesses it is a simple plug/play at the bose amp.
American Racing headers - Borla S-type
rcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 09:22 PM   #4
sheetzdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoe View Post
Everything should be done from the rear. Bose amp is back there and that is where it grabs the signal from.

If you are going to be running a separate DSP you might want to get a different interface like the NavTv. The Axxess one looks like it has a built in DSP so you are paying a little more for it. The NavTv will give you 3 full range RCA outs that you will then run to you DSP.

With T harnesses it is a simple plug/play at the bose amp.
Well, I already bought the Axxess one and navtv is way more expensive ( I got a deal on DIYMA for the Axxess unit) and it has RCA outs to go to my Alpine PXE-X09 16 channel DSP... I know I know..... a LITTLE overkill, amiright???
Old 12-12-2021, 07:51 PM   #5
rcoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetzdw View Post
Well, I already bought the Axxess one and navtv is way more expensive ( I got a deal on DIYMA for the Axxess unit) and it has RCA outs to go to my Alpine PXE-X09 16 channel DSP... I know I know..... a LITTLE overkill, amiright???
I saw that one on there for a pretty good deal and almost snagged it. But I am just running high level output from the Bose into my Audio Control LC7i for now .

Good luck with it and let us know how it works.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:45 AM   #6
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Does your car have a factory amp in the trunk at all? It's not Bose, is it? I'm asking because I'm not sure how an LT1 was optioned regarding the sound system. I think the model of Axxess you bought is designed for cars with a factory amp in the trunk, but not Bose (not sure about the Bose part though).

If you have a factory amp, it's in the trunk on the left side under the floor covering. According to the instructions, that's what you plug the interface into.
Old 12-16-2021, 10:07 AM   #7
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoe View Post
I saw that one on there for a pretty good deal and almost snagged it. But I am just running high level output from the Bose into my Audio Control LC7i for now .

Good luck with it and let us know how it works.
Is your car a Bose? Was looking at some Audio Control options for my convertible. Stupid harness is different, though, and nobody is making one for it yet.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 11:16 AM   #8
rcoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
Is your car a Bose? Was looking at some Audio Control options for my convertible. Stupid harness is different, though, and nobody is making one for it yet.

-Geoff
Yes mine has the Bose system.

I just hardwired into it, running the front tweeter, front mid and rear sub as high levels into the Audio control. Then speakers wires direct from the amp to the speakers. With the signal summing I am getting full range input.

Being the car is not on the road until Spring I do not have a ton of listening time. I might end up going the NavTV route in the future if I don't like the sound. I just had the LC7 from my previous Jeep install so I used it.
Old 12-17-2021, 06:20 PM   #9
sheetzdw

Yes my car has bose and the axxesss device or Navtav will both let you wire up new amps