Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-23-2021, 02:09 PM   #1
CowmaroV8

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Header Install Tomorrow

I am posting this for no other reason but to share my excitement as I feel like a kid before Christmas. The headers have been sitting in my trunk for months waiting for my appointment to come and I couldn't be happier!

Anyone else get this way before install day and the many days after when admiring your car?

Now to try my best to keep the cold starts to a reasonable decibel level for my neighbors and hope the wife doesn't kill me!

This will be the final piece of my build for a few years, before I can save up for a heads and cam package and such.

Carry on with your day, just too excited not to post.
CowmaroV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:21 PM   #2
KyBoy

Drives: '17 2SS H50
Congrats! I get excited too. Although, I installed my own Kooks 17/8" LTs. You'll love it.

We see too far.
Contacted Becky - 7/1
2000 - 7/5
3000 - 7/6
3000 - 7/11 TPW 8/1
3100 - 7/18 TPW 8/1
3300 - 7/20
3400 - 7/21
Built - 8/2 - PS 1,182/1 of 699US
4300 - 8/3
5000 - 8/5
6000 - 8/13
KyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:30 PM   #3
ShockSS

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Enjoy them my man! Headers really transform these cars IMO. And totally understand, installed my atak axleback a couple saturdays ago and was so excited to do it i couldnt hardly sleep the night before
ShockSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:40 PM   #4
CowmaroV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBoy View Post
Congrats! I get excited too. Although, I installed my own Kooks 17/8" LTs. You'll love it.

We see too far.
I ended up getting Kooks 2in with high flow cats as the sales at the time had these $60 more expensive than the 1 7/8 so I figure it was a no brainer. I unfortunately can't wrench on my car to that extent where I live so I had to get a shop involved, but installed all my other parts myself.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:41 PM   #5
CowmaroV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockSS View Post
Enjoy them my man! Headers really transform these cars IMO. And totally understand, installed my atak axleback a couple saturdays ago and was so excited to do it i couldnt hardly sleep the night before
Thanks, from all the research I have seen they are an amazing upgrade for these cars, even more so on e85 so I am thrilled. Sitting through a 12 hour work shift waiting for each moment closer to leaving lol.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:59 PM   #6
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowmaroV8 View Post
I am posting this for no other reason but to share my excitement as I feel like a kid before Christmas. The headers have been sitting in my trunk for months waiting for my appointment to come and I couldn't be happier!

Anyone else get this way before install day and the many days after when admiring your car?

Now to try my best to keep the cold starts to a reasonable decibel level for my neighbors and hope the wife doesn't kill me!

This will be the final piece of my build for a few years, before I can save up for a heads and cam package and such.

Carry on with your day, just too excited not to post.
Short answer is yes! There’s three stages that I had before we installed headers, X-pipe and motor mounts. Excited before, “in the zone“ halfway through and “Shew” at the end. We knocked it out in about 12 hours. It’s been 2 weeks now and I’m always looking forward to the next cruise.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:46 PM   #7
CowmaroV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Short answer is yes! There’s three stages that I had before we installed headers, X-pipe and motor mounts. Excited before, “in the zone“ halfway through and “Shew” at the end. We knocked it out in about 12 hours. It’s been 2 weeks now and I’m always looking forward to the next cruise.
Im glad, and not surprised at all, that I am not alone in the excitement before and I know after. We actually have a pretty similar build, any particular reason you chose the ARH for headers opposed to other brands?
Old 06-23-2021, 07:17 PM   #8
Trochoidal

Quote:
Im glad, and not surprised at all, that I am not alone in the excitement before and I know after. We actually have a pretty similar build, any particular reason you chose the ARH for headers opposed to other brands?
Having the ability to connect to factory muffler. Since NPP is on the car I wanted to keep that functionality. We installed same setup on my friends car last September. So after doing that install once and hearing the results, that made up my mind.

It came down to Kooks, Stainless Works and ARH. They’re all good.

Damn, now I’m ready to hear your story tomorrow. Is turnaround one day?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 06-25-2021, 02:10 PM   #9
CowmaroV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Having the ability to connect to factory muffler. Since NPP is on the car I wanted to keep that functionality. We installed same setup on my friends car last September. So after doing that install once and hearing the results, that made up my mind.

It came down to Kooks, Stainless Works and ARH. They’re all good.

Damn, now I’m ready to hear your story tomorrow. Is turnaround one day?
Got the car back and couldn't be more in love with it. 2in ceramic coated Kooks into their high flow cats to the stock NPP system. It has turned the car into a beast while keep the cold starts manageable for my neighbors not to bat an eye. That on top of cruising at highway speeds you can hold a conversation like normal and its whisper quite in cabin.

Those two things were incredibly important to me when doing this build and came out exactly as expected.

Now when you even so much as think about touching the gas pedal it just comes alive and I haven't stopped smiling since. Has all the grunt behind it to match the performance while still allowing me to get up at 5am for work and knowing my neighbors will be okay.

I did take decibel readings before and after at different throttle positions, I am not sure if anyone would care to read those numbers but I'll happily share if people do!

Overall, best upgrade I have done to the car by far!
Old 06-25-2021, 02:43 PM   #10
KyBoy

Great that you like it! Post numbers please.

We see too far.
Contacted Becky - 7/1
2000 - 7/5
3000 - 7/6
3000 - 7/11 TPW 8/1
3100 - 7/18 TPW 8/1
3300 - 7/20
3400 - 7/21
4300 - 8/3
5000 - 8/5
6000 - 8/13
Old 06-25-2021, 04:49 PM   #11
Trochoidal

Quote:
Got the car back and couldn't be more in love with it. 2in ceramic coated Kooks into their high flow cats to the stock NPP system. It has turned the car into a beast while keep the cold starts manageable for my neighbors not to bat an eye. That on top of cruising at highway speeds you can hold a conversation like normal and its whisper quite in cabin.

Those two things were incredibly important to me when doing this build and came out exactly as expected.

Now when you even so much as think about touching the gas pedal it just comes alive and I haven't stopped smiling since. Has all the grunt behind it to match the performance while still allowing me to get up at 5am for work and knowing my neighbors will be okay.

I did take decibel readings before and after at different throttle positions, I am not sure if anyone would care to read those numbers but I'll happily share if people do!

Awesome feedback! Yes I’d agree that is a good upgrade. The sound through stock NPP isn’t terribly loud and Cabin friendly. Oh yeah and no drone.

Old 06-25-2021, 04:52 PM   #12
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Haha nice! Have fun man. Share some photos later!
Old 06-25-2021, 05:13 PM   #13
KyBoy

Borla has Zero drone. I can confirm.

We see too far.
Contacted Becky - 7/1
2000 - 7/5
3000 - 7/6
3000 - 7/11 TPW 8/1
3100 - 7/18 TPW 8/1
3300 - 7/20
3400 - 7/21
4300 - 8/3
5000 - 8/5
6000 - 8/13
Old 06-25-2021, 07:34 PM   #14
Mohawk_1SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:

I will be doing a similar upgrade soon. Did you have to do anything in the tune to tame the cold starts, or were the high flow cats and NPP enough to keep things reasonable?
Mohawk_1SS is offline   Reply With Quote