Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-11-2023, 12:06 PM   #15
22SS1LE

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE 6M
i just ignore them or give a downshift so it gets all loud and then drop behind them and continue to ignore. usually once I slow down like that they get the hint. I havnt had anyone really try with me in the new Camaro but I only had it a few months before it was put away for the winter.
Just going by when I had my 2010 and 2012 mustang GT's
8/24. IT HAS ARRIVED at the dealer
8/25- It is in the Garage
ACS ZL1 Sideskirts, 20% tint, CAI Intake
22SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 12:15 PM   #16
Socal Shock

Drives: 2020 SS
I haven't been challenged by a legit fast car, be it domestic or import. They seem to be thinking the same thing I am - not interested.
All the bros actually looking to race bring the heat in their Corolla, Tacoma, Jetta, Kia, Suburban etc... Lol
Socal Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 12:16 PM   #17
Garcos

Drives: Ordered: 2023 Camaro lt1
Ignoring them is the best. Street racing has gotten out of hand in my area. If you get caught you face a hefty fine, up to12 points off of your license, and they can impound your car for up to a year. I can imagine how much that bill would be having your car impounded that long.
Garcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 12:19 PM   #18
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCkO View Post
While I wait on allocation for my build, which I'm hoping to hear something soon, there is one thing I find myself thinking about a lot. THE ATTENTION!

I definitely know I'm going to have to learn to be light on the pedal. I live in one of those smaller speed trap towns, so I already know I won't be able to get away with pushing the speed as much as I do in my current DD.

The other thing I am worried about is the attention from other drivers. I have a 42 minute commute to work, which brings me into a larger city close to the Cleveland suburbs, so I will have a few who might want to take a trip to Mexico. Thing is, I have no interest in all that jazz. At 47, those days have long been in the rear view. Don't get me wrong, I want to experience the power and beauty of this car but I really have no interest in the race game. Guess I am just old enough that other things excite me these days. My question is, what have you guys done to tell people you aren't interested? Obviously not looking at them is a clear indicator but curious as to what others have done to tell people to scram. Just curious to hear other peoples stories, as I've never been an attention seeker, so I'm keenly aware that I'm buying the wrong car to blend in with everyone.
I uhh, ignore them?

Honestly the only attention I get is from the Dodge guys and/or BMW's, maybe the occasional AMG, Blue Ovals are a bunch of puzznissy's.

And given I'm in a winter state, we all know racing in winter is just down right stupid.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | LS MSD Plug Wire Set | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Retuned by: Justin L. | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 01:09 PM   #19
I don't want a mustang

Drives: 2022 LT-1 Convertible
Camaros are just polarizing cars. You either love Camaros or you hate them.

Luckily here in Central VA, the only people with attitudes are tuners or luxury car drivers. My experience with Mustang and Mopar V8 drivers have been super chill. That's in comparison to the rednecks yelling out of their pickups wanting us to race.

Nothing funnier than a growling Camaro and a Mustang GT lined up with 30 cars behind them, the light goes green....and we both just pull away calmer than anyone in a minivan would.
I don't want a mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 01:50 PM   #20
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
I smile and give the hang loose wave , and look away that seams to work.
Old 01-11-2023, 01:58 PM   #21
18.2SS.1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Anxious about the attention you'll get in a car you don't even own yet? Might want to cancel your order and go for the new Prius.
Old 01-11-2023, 02:04 PM   #22
HemiDave

Drives: ZLE/DEMON/GLADIATOR/GSXR1000R/ZX10R
I give them a smile, maybe a couple of Bald Eagles revs... and ignore.

Guys "want some" every time I take my Demon out since 2018....lol.

Just be nice and ignore.

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6 speed manual
2023 ZL1 1LE 6 speed manual
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R
HemiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 03:06 PM   #23
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Shock View Post
I haven't been challenged by a legit fast car, be it domestic or import. They seem to be thinking the same thing I am - not interested.
All the bros actually looking to race bring the heat in their Corolla, Tacoma, Jetta, Kia, Suburban etc... Lol
Wish I could say the same. I have everything and everything coming at me even when I'm just cruising along in the middle lane minding my own business. Porsche GT2, Audio R10, R5, BMW M6, M5, M4, C8's, AMG Benz, Mustangs all over the place, Stingers, popping Subis, Challengers, Chargers, even had some insecure water-retaining (widebody) Hellcat flat out STOP in our lane in front of me and rev at me while he's blocking traffic. I put my hands out like, "Why?" and shooed him off which I don't think he liked. And then yeah there's the Dudebros in the diesels, the Hondas, Nissans, Kia, Camrys, etc.

Most days I just wanna be left the F alone because 98% of this is during my commute home after a long day. Bunch of jack offs.

But the funniest one, which I've posted here somewhere at one point was a Hyundai Veloster. Loud, obnoxious popping. Cruising down a back road behind a car doing 4 mph over the speed limit. Roads are narrow so I didn't feel like having him weave near me and edge me towards the opposite ravine and there's also a stop sign at the end of the road where traffic backs up anyway so passing is pretty pointless. Anyway... Veloster comes ripping up my bumper... decel popping I can hear in my car. Proceeds to punch it and swerve into the left lane. Revving like mad... going absolutely nowhere. Slowest.pass.I.have.ever.seen. I laughed my ass off as he went by and lifted so he could get by before killing someone in the oncoming lane. I come across him every so often, still giggle.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 03:20 PM   #24
eCkO

Drives: '23 Sharkskin Gray LT1 RS "JAWZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18.2SS.1LE View Post
Anxious about the attention you'll get in a car you don't even own yet? Might want to cancel your order and go for the new Prius.
I'm a member of so many forums and there is always that one sarcastic dude that never has anything positive to add. You could learn a few things from the other people who posted. My question wasn't that serious. I'm just passing the time waiting for allocation. And to think I should cancel my build because you said I should.
eCkO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 03:35 PM   #25
18.2SS.1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCkO View Post
I'm a member of so many forums and there is always that one sarcastic dude that never has anything positive to add. You could learn a few things from the other people who posted. My question wasn't that serious. I'm just passing the time waiting for allocation. And to think I should cancel my build because you said I should.
I'm sure your Prius forums are very fun... Don't let the bad man in the Honda scare you little Johnny.
Old 01-11-2023, 04:40 PM   #26
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
You're just buying an SS, you'll be fine ( i kid of course)
Old 01-11-2023, 04:49 PM   #27
eCkO

Drives: '23 Sharkskin Gray LT1 RS "JAWZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
You're just buying an SS, you'll be fine ( i kid of course)
Haha. I will be. If not that Prius will do. 🤣🤣
eCkO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 04:59 PM   #28
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
I recently had a bike try to get me to race him in the middle of a major street in the suburbs. I ignored him. I get challenged alot in my 2SS. Even more so in my 99 Z28. I just ignore them... ...but I did have dashcams installed in both cars just incase a cop just so happens to see and thinks I was racing.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote