Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-05-2018, 07:24 AM   #1
dohvb1

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels Camaro 2SS
Hot Wheels Help

I went and picked up car on the 4th. The dealership had it for a week to install it the stripes on the back end they failed to install initially. Then, despite a salesman calling to tell me the stripes were in, they weren't and had to be ordered. Anyway, I inspect the work and it sure looks to me like something is missing.
Before I blow a gasket, I pull up official Chevy sites and there appears to be stripes on the spoiler. I point this out to the sales guy, he says the guy who did the stripes is someone they sub the work out to and is the best in Charlotte(which if true, Charlotte has low standards) The guy went to see if maybe the stripes didn't come in or were ordered wrong.
A few minutes later he comes out with the Official Chevy diagram for it. He said stripes (4) were for the trunk lid and it doesn't specifically show stripes on the spoiler and that stripes(3) were for below the spoiler.
He actually just called and said they ordered the stripes that came up when they punched in my VIN and according to the VIN there was no spoiler stripes, but he dug a bit further and if they remove the VIN the spolier stripes show up.
Every picture I've seen has stripes on it. It shouldn't be this difficult should it?
I hate being that guy to complain and want compensation but this dealership has screwed up 3 times with these stripes, not installing them initially, telling me there were in when they weren't, telling me the car was now ready when it isn't. I've had the car just over a month, and the dealership had it for over a week of that time. Not to mention, the day after I got it I took it took it to a closer dealership to look at the Side Detection Error and they said the sensors were not hooked up and the original dealership should have caught it since the warning pops up every time you started the car. I'm not wrong it thinking I should get something for my trouble, for telling them on two different occasions they messed up, driving back and forth to the dealership multiple times, being without the car for a week, I should get something right?
Sorry about the rant, I'm just really frustrated and damn does it look ugly with stripes on the back but not the spoiler.
Attached Images

dohvb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:35 AM   #2
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Maybe not a compensation but at least making sure that the car is as you want it.

If all the advertisement show the spoiler stripes, you should get them, at their expense. Afterwards, they will deal with GM to get a refund.
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:40 AM   #3
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Do the stripes on EVERY "Hot Wheels" car get put on at the dealer ?
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:56 AM   #4
dohvb1

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
My understanding is the front stripes come from the factory but the rear stripes and several other options are installed at the dealership, well are supposed to be anyway.
dohvb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:59 AM   #5
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Every 2018 hotwheels edition I've seen has the stripes on the spoiler as well as going underneath the spoiler.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:08 AM   #6
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohvb1 View Post
My understanding is the front stripes come from the factory but the rear stripes and several other options are installed at the dealership, well are supposed to be anyway.
Did not know that.
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:17 AM   #7
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Take this picture in and show them. GM marketing display
Attached Images

2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:26 AM   #8
Zspoiler
Zspoiler

Drives: 1979 Z-28 RS Camaro
You could go over their heads and contact Chevrolet themselves, And or take them to small claims court .Then another is to take it to a body shop and send them the bill.
Zspoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:03 AM   #9
Riverside2SS
Let's try this again...

Drives: 2023 Blazer RS AWD Nitro Yellow
Yeah, that's definitely not right. Sounds like it's time to get the general manager or dealer rep. involved.
Riverside2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:06 AM   #10
Tyl3r

Drives: Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zspoiler View Post
You could go over their heads and contact Chevrolet themselves, And or take them to small claims court .Then another is to take it to a body shop and send them the bill.

Small claims court - seems like overkill, no?
Tyl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:33 AM   #11
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
it looks like something is missing. they are awesome cars and not cheap. if it is of concern now...in a few months or years it will really bug you. get them installed and contact the GM rep in your area or chevrolet direct.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:43 PM   #12
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
So. Hot Wheels edition. The cars arrive at the dealer with a low wing (base I4/V6 wing). That wing gets removed and replaced with the dovetail style wing (some drilling required). The dealer is supposed to set up the wing and get it ready to be attached. Then, the decklid stripes are supposed to be installed with the wing off, then the wing gets striped, and then and only then does the wing get installed. Sounds to me someone missed a step and either tossed the spoiler stripe, or forgot to install it.

I also grabbed the VIN to ours at work, and was able to get all the stripes to show up in the catalog, no filters pulled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:46 AM   #13
Liralen

Drives: 2013 KBM Camaro 2SS Hot Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
Yes on the coupes, they have a special spoiler that is installed at the dealership and the stripes on the decklid, spoiler and around the trunk breaklight.

Convertibles come with the correct spoiler and stripes on....so no dealer installation for them. Only item on the convertible that needs installing at the dealership (other than trunk mats) is the ground affects. Although heard one guy needed his wheels installed, that they shipped them with a different set on..

Garage:
2013 HotWheels SE Camaro, Coupe, V8, 2SS, Auto, #987 (aka V8HOTTY)
2014 Z51 Stingray 3LT Corvette, M7, Coupe - Laguna Blue Metallic
2016 Harley Davidson Roadglide, Screaming Eagle
2017 50th Anniv SE Camaro, Vert, V8, 2SS, M6, NAV, NPP, #537 (aka FIFTY)
2017 Silverado High Country, full bed/crew cab, Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
2018 Silverado LTZ, short bed/crew cab, 100th Anniv, Centennial Blue (aka CENTURY)
Liralen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:50 AM   #14
Liralen

Drives: 2013 KBM Camaro 2SS Hot Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohvb1 View Post
I went and picked up car on the 4th. The dealership had it for a week to install it the stripes on the back end they failed to install initially. Then, despite a salesman calling to tell me the stripes were in, they weren't and had to be ordered. Anyway, I inspect the work and it sure looks to me like something is missing.
Before I blow a gasket, I pull up official Chevy sites and there appears to be stripes on the spoiler. I point this out to the sales guy, he says the guy who did the stripes is someone they sub the work out to and is the best in Charlotte(which if true, Charlotte has low standards) The guy went to see if maybe the stripes didn't come in or were ordered wrong.
A few minutes later he comes out with the Official Chevy diagram for it. He said stripes (4) were for the trunk lid and it doesn't specifically show stripes on the spoiler and that stripes(3) were for below the spoiler.
He actually just called and said they ordered the stripes that came up when they punched in my VIN and according to the VIN there was no spoiler stripes, but he dug a bit further and if they remove the VIN the spolier stripes show up.
Every picture I've seen has stripes on it. It shouldn't be this difficult should it?
I hate being that guy to complain and want compensation but this dealership has screwed up 3 times with these stripes, not installing them initially, telling me there were in when they weren't, telling me the car was now ready when it isn't. I've had the car just over a month, and the dealership had it for over a week of that time. Not to mention, the day after I got it I took it took it to a closer dealership to look at the Side Detection Error and they said the sensors were not hooked up and the original dealership should have caught it since the warning pops up every time you started the car. I'm not wrong it thinking I should get something for my trouble, for telling them on two different occasions they messed up, driving back and forth to the dealership multiple times, being without the car for a week, I should get something right?
Sorry about the rant, I'm just really frustrated and damn does it look ugly with stripes on the back but not the spoiler.
Am so very sorry to see that happened to you. Unfortunately not all dealerships are very well informed about the items they are required to install. Definitely go back, talk with the dealership GM though and show him the photos. You can also join our facebook group at https://m.facebook.com/groups/819110044958298 , where we have Adam Barry, the designer of the special editions as a member. You will get lots of great information and feedback from there as well as here. If you PM me your facebook name, will make sure you get vetted into the group that much faster (I am the founder and main admin of that group).

Garage:
2013 HotWheels SE Camaro, Coupe, V8, 2SS, Auto, #987 (aka V8HOTTY)
2014 Z51 Stingray 3LT Corvette, M7, Coupe - Laguna Blue Metallic
2016 Harley Davidson Roadglide, Screaming Eagle
2017 50th Anniv SE Camaro, Vert, V8, 2SS, M6, NAV, NPP, #537 (aka FIFTY)
2017 Silverado High Country, full bed/crew cab, Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
2018 Silverado LTZ, short bed/crew cab, 100th Anniv, Centennial Blue (aka CENTURY)
Liralen is offline   Reply With Quote