Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

AWE Tuning

Old 05-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #1
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
So Sad...

I was in the left turn lane coming to a stop when my car was hit on the right front fender by someone trying to come into the same lane. Broken lower control arm and fender damage. Everyone is ok, my car is in the hospital... I have no doubt that they can repair the mechanical damage. I'm crossing my fingers that they can match the paint correctly... does anyone have experience with the garnet red paint, if so how did the paint matching go?
Attached Images

Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:15 PM   #2
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
That’s a bummer man ....
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:25 PM   #3
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-X45 View Post
I was in the left turn lane coming to a stop when my car was hit on the right front fender by someone trying to come into the same lane. Broken lower control arm and fender damage. Everyone is ok, my car is in the hospital... I have no doubt that they can repair the mechanical damage. I'm crossing my fingers that they can match the paint correctly... does anyone have experience with the garnet red paint, if so how did the paint matching go?
From my limited experience, the match is all up to the painters skill set, mixing the paint for a close or exact match but also making the spray pattern match also. Would just let whoever know what your expecting! You don't want a fender with no orange peel while the hood and door is sure to have some, that's an obvious refinish. Might be a great finish job but you want it all to blend just as the factory sprayed it
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:37 PM   #4
Gen-X45

Yeah, I just had the ceramic coating done as well... the car is pretty much in the garage unless I'm out on the weekend with it. It only has a tad over 4k on it as well. I'm hoping with the paint being in good condition that it will all work out. I have to wait until Tuesday to go down to the shop because everyone is closed for the holiday weekend. It really sucks.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:39 PM   #5
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
Whoever paints it just be sure they know what your expecting an as new car! Meaning the color matched the gaps to the door and hood look consistent and similar to the driver side. Also hopefully they can match the factory spray pattern on the clear. If they can do all that I would tip the painter honestly, lol. However maybe you just want an undented shinny car back if that's the case you should have no problems with the repair 😉
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:11 PM   #6
Gen-X45

I have a lot of money tied up in the car and the insurance that covers it. So, my expectations are that the car ends up show room quality. Because I bought it off the show room of the LA Auto Show... Thanks for the tips Gen6 Softtop, your insight is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:07 PM   #7
Gen-X45

Turns out, under that little dented fender is 6K plus worth of damage...
Old 06-08-2018, 12:45 AM   #8
Henkle

Drives: 2017 50th SS Coupe M6
That's a bummer; but I'm glad that the damage wasn't worse!

My wife was in the same situation where a car turned into her lane and bumped into the front passenger door of a metallic red G35. The body shop matched the paint color exactly to the rest of the paint!

I found that the repair bill is inflated (ours ended up over $4k ); but insurance companies get deep discounts since they have contracts with the body shops!

Now the anticipation starts...
Henkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:23 AM   #9
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
oh damn sorry to hear that man...ive been lucky that no accidents in the camaro yet but people are idiots out there...be carefull guys
Old 06-08-2018, 10:18 PM   #10
Gen-X45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
oh damn sorry to hear that man...ive been lucky that no accidents in the camaro yet but people are idiots out there...be carefull guys
This is the first accident for me in over 40 years... but the collision shop did a great job putting her back together.
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2018, 10:20 PM   #11
Gen-X45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkle View Post
That's a bummer; but I'm glad that the damage wasn't worse!

My wife was in the same situation where a car turned into her lane and bumped into the front passenger door of a metallic red G35. The body shop matched the paint color exactly to the rest of the paint!

I found that the repair bill is inflated (ours ended up over $4k ); but insurance companies get deep discounts since they have contracts with the body shops!

Now the anticipation starts...
Hang in there, things have a way of working themselves out...