Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #43
BoilerKB

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercup View Post
I am in for one - so that 1% of the first 500!
Sorry all. Never gonna happen. No money to be made and pony cars with V8's are not the future. I'd wager we'll see an electric Camaro like the Mustang SUV thingy before we ever see a Z/28. And they certainly aren't going to care that a bunch of forum people say they'll buy one.
BoilerKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:27 AM   #44
shaffe

Drives: 2018 Mazda6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
I agree, and it is a shame. The Z/28 badge has a long history with Camaro.

The only spot I could see for it would be to put the N/A LT1 in the ZLE chassis with the DSSV suspension. It would be parallel to what they do with Corvette, putting the LT1 in the Z06 Chassis. Price it a tick above the SS 1LE.

The only reason I see GM doing anything like this would be if they had an overrun of LT1 engines since the Corvette is no longer using them. Which I suspect had a little to do with the Gen 5 Z/28. But it seems they went the other way and put the LT1 in six banger chassis.
That would probably be the perfect gen 6 Z, if they can get away from it habing to be the top dog like the 5th gen car was that would be fine.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:05 PM   #45
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
In my opinion, the Z/28 stands alone. Lineup or whatever isn’t relevant.

It doesn’t matter now. It’s pretty clear to me that GM has abandoned the 6th gen, if not the Camaro as a whole.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:41 PM   #46
Quix

Drives: 2016 2LT V6 Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerKB View Post
Sorry all. Never gonna happen. No money to be made and pony cars with V8's are not the future. I'd wager we'll see an electric Camaro like the Mustang SUV thingy before we ever see a Z/28. And they certainly aren't going to care that a bunch of forum people say they'll buy one.
I hope it's not a crossover. I might buy an electric car but I'm not buying a crossover until I get so old that I can't bend my legs anymore.

I don't think we're seeing a Z28 either, after the ZL1 1LE, GM said they were done and I believe them. No reason for them to lie about that.
Quix is offline   Reply With Quote