Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-15-2020, 06:44 AM   #1
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
RAM slave cylinder

Curious if anyone is running a RAM slave cylinder. I did some searching but didn't find much. If you have one or used one. Let me know your experience with it. I am looking to swap mine out when I swap engines. I currently have the OEM slave with the Monster bearing support. Thanks y'all!!
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:51 PM   #2
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Drives: 2013 2ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_SS10 View Post
Curious if anyone is running a RAM slave cylinder. I did some searching but didn't find much. If you have one or used one. Let me know your experience with it. I am looking to swap mine out when I swap engines. I currently have the OEM slave with the Monster bearing support. Thanks y'all!!
I’m using the ram slave with a billet tick clutch master and no issues at all. Do not use a gm slave again bc that plastic will fail if it gets too hot. Do it right the first time and not have to worry about it lol
_Onyx_Wolf_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:20 PM   #3
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Onyx_Wolf_ View Post
I’m using the ram slave with a billet tick clutch master and no issues at all. Do not use a gm slave again bc that plastic will fail if it gets too hot. Do it right the first time and not have to worry about it lol
How did it change your pedal feel? What type of clutch do you have? Any feedback would be great.

I've done basically everything you can do for the clutch. I'm looking to make some serious power in the near future. So I am pulling the engine again. Figured I would put a Ram or Tilton adjustable slave in. I am also thinking about going from the Mcleod twin disc to RPS triple. I currently have the OEM slave with the monster billet bearing support, so no worries about plastic melting.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:45 PM   #4
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Quote:
How did it change your pedal feel? What type of clutch do you have? Any feedback would be great.

I've done basically everything you can do for the clutch. I'm looking to make some serious power in the near future. So I am pulling the engine again. Figured I would put a Ram or Tilton adjustable slave in. I am also thinking about going from the Mcleod twin disc to RPS triple. I currently have the OEM slave with the monster billet bearing support, so no worries about plastic melting.
pedal is tough but I don’t mind it lol some say it’s like an on and off feel but I don’t really think it’s that bad. I have a lightweight ACT 18lb clutch rated for 700whp no issues. Do not get a dragon slayer clutch from hays... failed on me 3 months in and was rated for 1300whp
Old 05-17-2020, 09:45 PM   #5
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Quote:

The tick clutch master lets u adjust the pedal height also
Old 05-18-2020, 05:38 AM   #6
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Quote:
pedal is tough but I don’t mind it lol some say it’s like an on and off feel but I don’t really think it’s that bad. I have a lightweight ACT 18lb clutch rated for 700whp no issues. Do not get a dragon slayer clutch from hays... failed on me 3 months in and was rated for 1300whp
Sounds like you have a light clutch setup. You saybthe pedal is tough. Do you mean hard and difficult to push? Does it push back against you when depressed? Are you able to slip the clutch? I don't want to go that light, so that may help with the pedal feel. I can't believe the dragon slayer failed on you. Everyone seems to praise that clutch. Maybe to good to be true. I'll prolly stick to my mcleod twin and hope it holds. Lol

More to come.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:50 PM   #7
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Quote:
Sounds like you have a light clutch setup. You saybthe pedal is tough. Do you mean hard and difficult to push? Does it push back against you when depressed? Are you able to slip the clutch? I don't want to go that light, so that may help with the pedal feel. I can't believe the dragon slayer failed on you. Everyone seems to praise that clutch. Maybe to good to be true. I'll prolly stick to my mcleod twin and hope it holds. Lol
Just kinda hard to press in than say a normal clutch but it’s not terrible and u can still slip the clutch yes. And yeah I was pissed spent almost 3k on that clutch and it failed within 3 months they wouldn’t even refund me my money after I sent it in to be inspected bc I missed the date by a couple of days.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:20 PM   #8
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Quote:
Just kinda hard to press in than say a normal clutch but it’s not terrible and u can still slip the clutch yes. And yeah I was pissed spent almost 3k on that clutch and it failed within 3 months they wouldn’t even refund me my money after I sent it in to be inspected bc I missed the date by a couple of days.
Sweet, thanks.

Dood, that sucks about the clutch. What slave were you using with it? I know it has to be setup just right.

More to come.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:51 PM   #9
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Quote:
Sweet, thanks.

Dood, that sucks about the clutch. What slave were you using with it? I know it has to be setup just right.
Using stock gm slave at the time. When my stock slave blew and killed my stock master I switched over to the tick billet master and ram slave no issues since and luckily my ACT clutch was fine
Old 05-18-2020, 05:15 PM   #10
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Quote:
Using stock gm slave at the time. When my stock slave blew and killed my stock master I switched over to the tick billet master and ram slave no issues since and luckily my ACT clutch was fine
Were you using the RPS bearing on the OEM slave?

More to come.