Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-16-2018, 01:30 PM   #1471
Steph93lx

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I went 10s at 125 at US 131 in positive DA as well

Check that slip out too? lol guessing not

It’s a 10.7 car at 125+ in negative DA and good prep. Probably gonna stay that way for the year I’m done modding it for now. Nothing is available anyway. Can’t even buy gears. Not gonna gut it or run $50 gal fuel. No thanks on big converter on daily driver. It’s a true mild bolt on ten second car. Took hardly any effort. People have went tens without headers in these cars. H/C cars should be 9s this year. Without being gutted or race fuel. The TM system on this platform is brutal. The faster you go the more it tries to slow you down. Pray added 120 rwhp and barely gained first trip out because of tuning issues
I agree you went like 10.96 at around 950 DA. Your car is fast no doubt to be honest you are one of the few who impressed me here with your time.

My own custom tune using Hp tuner, CAI, ARH 1" 7/8 LT headers and 3" off road x pipe connected to stock 2.5" axleback and active muffler, Etx18 battery. 3725 lbs raceweight

SOLD!!!! 2015 300A GT M6. Best with stock intake manifold N/A bolt-ons 11.074@123.64 mph* 1.525 60Ft,* -1056 DA . BEST MPH* 124.39 mph
Steph93lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #1472
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph93lx View Post
I agree you went like 10.96 at around 950 DA. Your car is fast no doubt to be honest you are one of the few who impressed me here with your time.
Thanks appreciate it

Yours runs too

Honestly like I’ve said it’s not the car it’s the tuning. The car will not respond properly without the right parameters changed. It’s a tricky system. The effort put in was mostly in the tuning as I don’t have a ton of mods

The only way to run top notch is data logging and testing. A cookie cutter tune just won’t cut it on this car
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #1473
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
No way lol. 6 pm was my only good run of the night about 50f. 40-48? Nice spread. It was 48-50 at 6 pm I was there.I almost crashed the car prep was so bad. I left after two more tries. Could have went 10.7 at US131 in that air.

It was -150 at the time of my run checked with weather data from nearest airport with AutoDens app. Drag times is not the Bible. In fact it’s almost always off when I compare to data directly from my location

DA got to -500 or so by the end of the night. Never -1000. I never got any good runs after my first one prep was so bad. Even my good run I got sideways on my 1-2 shift. It was my second time out with the setup and still got no good data.

Great prepping track? No you’re terribly mistaken not on test only night. I usually go to 131 and run consistently better. Always good prep. Milan only preps decent when other classes running with test. And then you are just waiting around all night. There timing system is old and messes up a lot too. I was 2 mph off in that lane all night compared to the other. The track is nearly bankrupted dump at this point.

Comparing me to that car is a joke regardless. It’s a race car. With my mods he was slower
I had no idea Milan was in that bad of shape. I hadn't heard anyone really say anything bad about, that sucks if true.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #1474
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I had no idea Milan was in that bad of shape. I hadn't heard anyone really say anything bad about, that sucks if true.
Its looking really rough lately

On test only night they prep at the very beginning of the night. That's it.

If you go when sportsman and other things are going on they keep prep pretty decent. But its usually reallu busy then and you don't get many passes.

US 131 in martin is amazing. Ive never not hooked on a pass ever at that place. Even on a good night at Milan lately I still can get spin. And after that the rest of the track isn't as nice either. A lot more spin on shifts typically.

Over the years it has been a good track for the most part from what most people say. But I can tell you 100% truthfully that on test only nights the past couple years prep is horrible. I drive an extra 1/2 hour and go to 131 almost exclusively now.

Maybe the coming season will be better. It got pretty brutal some nights with people complaining. People were even chanting "Norfolk!" (another track close to milan I guess) one night over and over. It was downright unsafe on some nights. With enough people complaining maybe they will do better this year. They have nearly lost me completely as a customer.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:10 AM   #1475
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Damn that's a shame. I hate hearing about old tracks that are just getting run down. That sound's a lot like US 41 Morocco IN got before the new owners took over. Talk about a place that had the inmates running the asylum. Track was run down, pits were in shambles and safety tech was a joke. I raced there once and never went back. What sealed it for me was a guy drinking a beer in his car the staging lanes.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote