Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-25-2021, 09:51 PM   #29
blair_evans

Drives: 22 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automobile View Post
I am having getting any order information from my dealer (Surgenor in Ottawa) who have otherwise been excellent to deal with. Any tips on getting order info? I ordered a 2SS 1LE on 6/25 and they said the order was placed but won't give me more details.

Thanks in advance.
Text "Assist" to this number 668677 on your phone.

You will get a reply from GM Canada. Follow the instructions and give them your order number. Within 72hrs they will text you the status of your order.

Or you can hit the chat icon on www.chevrolet.ca and ask what is the status of your order. They will then email you within 72hrs.
2022 Ford F350 Limited
blair_evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:34 PM   #30
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blair_evans View Post

You will get a reply from GM Canada. Follow the instructions and give them your order number. Within 72hrs they will text you the status of your order.

Or you can hit the chat icon on www.chevrolet.ca and ask what is the status of your order. They will then email you within 72hrs.

super helpful! Will try it eventually
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:06 AM   #31
Automobile
Sleeping until Summer

Drives: '23 2SS 1LE, E500, Clarity, Miata
Quote:

I haven't been provided an order number yet. My dealer hasn't responded to my request for the order number. Does GM Canada use the same order workbench system?

They say the order was accepted, but other than that, I haven't gotten anything.
Automobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:33 AM   #32
blair_evans

Drives: 22 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
I haven't been provided an order number yet. My dealer hasn't responded to my request for the order number. Does GM Canada use the same order workbench system?

They say the order was accepted, but other than that, I haven't gotten anything.
They are lying to you I believe. Once the order is placed they can provided you a copy of the Order Workbench form. It has the order number and all the options on it that you ordered.
2022 Ford F350 Limited
blair_evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:02 AM   #33
dfxrte

Quote:

They'd provide you something if they had something. They can submit and get as many orders accepted as they want, if they're not allocated a unit none of that matters.
Old 08-26-2021, 12:28 PM   #34
Automobile
Sleeping until Summer

Drives: '23 2SS 1LE, E500, Clarity, Miata
Got it!

I think I didn't ask clearly enough the first time.

ZVQJNP
Automobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 04:05 PM   #35
ohyeahjay

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
It took them almost two weeks to tell me the order desk was backed up and it would be another three days to tell me. I asked why the US orders can be updated within an hour and they said they were really busy. Got my reply yesterday that the order number was wrong, my dealer had given me the 2021 order number but didn't give me the new updated order when it got changed to a 2022. I gave them the new order number so I guess I have to wait another three days for a reply.
Old 08-26-2021, 06:15 PM   #36
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxrte View Post
Call and ask the 2 biggest dealers in Ontario for camaro's and ask the wait time for a zle. was 18-24 months for me and that was also not a guarantee.
Please don’t think I’m trying to argue because I’m not at all.
I question this because when I ordered my ZLE I made sure my dealer had received an Allocation. This was done by being copied on an email directly from the district sales manager.
Now a competing dealer close to me received a ZL1. My father and my son went to the dealer with the ZL1 and had my dads truck serviced. They checked out the ZL1 and the salesman was there. My 9 year old son told the salesman that I had one on order with the track package.
He told my son I would not be getting it. None were coming to Canada!!!

I went up there the next day to look at the ZL1 cause I had never even seen one before. Salesman comes out and speaks to me. I told him I had the car on order and was told nope none coming to Canada.
Then I was in the sales managers office with three other salesman. Still being told none coming to Canada and I’m not getting one.
The sales manager phoned the district sales manager which is the same guy who oversees the dealer I bought mine from. Guess what, those guys were all wrong.

I’m just sayin don’t necessarily believe what those two dealers are telling you. The dealer who told me I wasn’t getting a ZLE cause none were coming to Canada had IIRC correctly 30 Camaros on order. He was pissed to say the least. It just so happened he had Allocations the year before for ZLEs. The year I bought my dealer had the Allocations.

There’s another member here whose cars build date was yesterday and it’s a ZLE but a 2021 model.

All’s I’m saying is don’t necessarily trust what the dealer tells you. They may be right and I may be wrong but I bet ZLEs will land here sooner than 18-24 months. I hope so anyhow for the guys who ordered or want to order one. My dealer called me a few months ago seeing if I wanted to order one cause they had an Allocation.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 07:13 PM   #37
zookeeper

Drives: 2021 zle ordered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
I question this because when I ordered my ZLE I made sure my dealer had received an Allocation. This was done by being copied on an email directly from the district sales manager.
Now a competing dealer close to me received a ZL1. My father and my son went to the dealer with the ZL1 and had my dads truck serviced. They checked out the ZL1 and the salesman was there. My 9 year old son told the salesman that I had one on order with the track package.

I went up there the next day to look at the ZL1 cause I had never even seen one before. Salesman comes out and speaks to me. I told him I had the car on order and was told nope none coming to Canada.
Then I was in the sales managers office with three other salesman. Still being told none coming to Canada and I’m not getting one.
The sales manager phoned the district sales manager which is the same guy who oversees the dealer I bought mine from. Guess what, those guys were all wrong.

I’m just sayin don’t necessarily believe what those two dealers are telling you. The dealer who told me I wasn’t getting a ZLE cause none were coming to Canada had IIRC correctly 30 Camaros on order. He was pissed to say the least. It just so happened he had Allocations the year before for ZLEs. The year I bought my dealer had the Allocations.

There’s another member here whose cars build date was yesterday and it’s a ZLE but a 2021 model.

All’s I’m saying is don’t necessarily trust what the dealer tells you. They may be right and I may be wrong but I bet ZLEs will land here sooner than 18-24 months. I hope so anyhow for the guys who ordered or want to order one. My dealer called me a few months ago seeing if I wanted to order one cause they had an Allocation.
I knew that there are at least 4 Canadian ZLE orders on their way for delivery.
My 2021 ZLE will be deliveried within a couple of weeks. And I ordered it in Jan. There are two more Ontario ZLE orders on their way which were ordered by the other forums' members here. And there is another order from nova scocia.
zookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 07:17 PM   #38
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
I knew that there are at least 4 Canadian ZLE orders on their way for delivery.
My 2021 ZLE will be deliveried within a couple of weeks. And I ordered it in Jan. There are two more Ontario ZLE orders on their way which were ordered by the other forums' members here. And there is another order from nova scocia.
You are gonna love it. I hate having to park mine.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:05 PM   #39
dfxrte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post

Ya I never said it's impossible..my dealer told me its an 12-24 month wait for a ZLE. I just asked out of curiosity last time I spoke with them. Point being if you ordered one today...it's not a guarantee you get it next year. also dealer dependent on allocations
Old 08-26-2021, 09:15 PM   #40
Andy 91GTA

Drives: 91 GTA, 92 GTA, 92 GTA
I spoke to my salesman today and he told me my order status is still 1100. He did say he has seen 8 Camaro’s already allocated in Western Canada. If everything goes as planned, he thinks my order will be at 3000 status in 1-2 weeks.
Andy 91GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 11:41 AM   #41
dfxrte

Quote:

this was great, i texted and they emailed me the next day with a status update. TPW is still 9/6/21 woo
Old 09-03-2021, 01:20 PM   #42
James Froese

Drives: Satin Steel Camaro 2SS M6 (ordered)
Question for those who may know,

I put in an order for a 2021 2SS back on August 14th, but by the sounds of it they’ve already started production of the 2022’s as of August 17th. I am going to assume that my order will just be registered in as a 2022 or changed by the time GM allocates the order right? I live near Vancouver and from what you guys are saying I should be waiting till spring/summer of next year regardless but I’m just wondering if anyone might know how that’ll work.

Either way I’d prefer a 2022, and the options I’ve picked don’t conflict will the model year changes.

Thanks
James Froese is offline   Reply With Quote