Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-22-2022, 08:16 PM   #1
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Looking for prior owner-2018 ZLE, blue, florida

Hi all-

I'm trying to find the prior owner of the '18 ZLE. Hyper blue, in Florida, ~18k miles on it. Just trying to get background info because I like to know my cars "story" Purchased at Kelly Buick GMC in Bartow...

Anyone?
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 06:52 AM   #2
ZLE dude

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
Post up the VIN number and it would be most helpful. There's more than 1 hyper blue 2018 ZLE.
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
ZLE dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:10 AM   #3
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Carfax....

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:14 AM   #4
ZLE dude

Vinwiki....possibly
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
Old 01-24-2022, 07:15 AM   #5
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
No one is going to claim it even if they are here. No one wants to be tied to a vehicle that may have problems later.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:36 AM   #6
ZLE dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
No one is going to claim it even if they are here. No one wants to be tied to a vehicle that may have problems later.
True story!
Old 01-24-2022, 09:43 AM   #7
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Well dang it, guys! I may be in the minority, but if someone inquired about a car that I had traded to a dealer, I would have no problem discussing it with them. I would not assume responsibility for any issues with the car however, and cannot imagine that the new owner would expect me to.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:59 AM   #8
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
Well dang it, guys! I may be in the minority, but if someone inquired about a car that I had traded to a dealer, I would have no problem discussing it with them. I would not assume responsibility for any issues with the car however, and cannot imagine that the new owner would expect me to.
It's not even about expecting you to claim responsibility for any issues, the fact that they know you are, especially a member here on a public forum gives them the ability to smear your name on a public forum or air any dirty laundry and drag you through the mud. I understand it shouldn't be this way, when you purchase a car used, you assume all responsibility but this is the internet and it doesn't work like that.

As long as I've been on car forums and I'm a member of several, I've never once seen anyone step up when asked this question and say they were the previous owner. Sure it could be coincidence that the previous owners weren't members of the forum but based on my records to date, I'm batting 1.000. Still waiting for that first one.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:36 AM   #9
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
I don't think I'd want to know about the previous owner of a vehicle. Mostly because then I'd start to wonder how many times he/she expelled gas into the seats, and then I'd start to wonder if me sitting in the chemical discharge of another person for extended periods was dangerous.

Then I'd start to think about the Buick I bought a long time ago. I went to roll down the window and apparently the previous owner was a habitual nose picker and would wipe his boogies on the window. There was a nice long row of them caked onto the window edge that was tucked into the window sill.

Why did you want to know about the previous owner again?
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 12:39 PM   #10
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
@ZLE Dude - I thought about posting the vin, but I doubt anyone would remember their car based on the vin with the exception of rarer cars like a Z/28 (where the last 4 of the vin represent the build number) or something similar. Thats why I put where I got it from. I could be wrong, but I did post up the city and all...

@avalonandl - carfax doesnt show prior owners names...actually I could care less about his name, I just wanted to know maintenance history and such. I know the guy offered to provide info to the dealership, as they said if they really needed to, they could contact him.

@Z OH 6 - Why? We do that consistently in the Z/28 forum; its extremely handy to know what was done, or even something as simple as knowing what maintenance was done prior to the dealer getting it... You seem to be a bit paranoid on this topic...I think anyone who takes care of their car isn't going to have a problem, and in fact might WANT to know who got theirs next, otherwise they simply wouldn't say anything anyways.
As a matter of fact, in the Z/28 forum, there is a list not only of the current owners, but of previous owners as well, when they are known. We volunteer that information....and as a matter of fact, I've seen people claim their old cars many times over. Not sure what forums you're going to, but its pretty normal in my experience. Hell the guy who owns my 1st '15 Z/28 and I know each other now because of that very thing, and he bought spare parts I had laying around that he wanted lol.

@L78toLT1 - I'm with you..seems kind of strange to be as paranoid as some are in this thread. I know who bought a couple of the prior cars of mine, given them info, sold them parts, and even hung out

@TXCSSU - to find out little things like the last time maintenance was done and things like that; pretty simple.
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 12:47 PM   #11
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLE dude View Post
Vinwiki....possibly
Mine VINs are logged there. I attempt to maintain it as I do stuff to the car, but never think about it.

If someone found a thread about old car I had, I may would send them a PM to answer questions.
- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 12:57 PM   #12
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodCheck View Post
@ZLE Dude - I thought about posting the vin, but I doubt anyone would remember their car based on the vin with the exception of rarer cars like a Z/28 (where the last 4 of the vin represent the build number) or something similar. Thats why I put where I got it from. I could be wrong, but I did post up the city and all...

@avalonandl - carfax doesnt show prior owners names...actually I could care less about his name, I just wanted to know maintenance history and such. I know the guy offered to provide info to the dealership, as they said if they really needed to, they could contact him.

@Z OH 6 - Why? We do that consistently in the Z/28 forum; its extremely handy to know what was done, or even something as simple as knowing what maintenance was done prior to the dealer getting it... You seem to be a bit paranoid on this topic...I think anyone who takes care of their car isn't going to have a problem, and in fact might WANT to know who got theirs next, otherwise they simply wouldn't say anything anyways.
As a matter of fact, in the Z/28 forum, there is a list not only of the current owners, but of previous owners as well, when they are known. We volunteer that information....and as a matter of fact, I've seen people claim their old cars many times over. Not sure what forums you're going to, but its pretty normal in my experience. Hell the guy who owns my 1st '15 Z/28 and I know each other now because of that very thing, and he bought spare parts I had laying around that he wanted lol.

@L78toLT1 - I'm with you..seems kind of strange to be as paranoid as some are in this thread. I know who bought a couple of the prior cars of mine, given them info, sold them parts, and even hung out

@TXCSSU - to find out little things like the last time maintenance was done and things like that; pretty simple.
I'm not paranoid of anything, just telling you what I've seen. Good luck tracking down the original buyer. Seriously doubt they'll come forth willingly though. That's great if that happens in the Z28 forum, that would be the first I've seen. Again, good luck.
Old 01-24-2022, 01:13 PM   #13
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
The Z/28 is a numbered, limited production number, collection car. The ZLE is not. Barring supplier shortages, GM will make as many ZLEs as there are customers willing to pay for them. That means the two cars have completely different customer bases with different mentalities.
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 01:19 PM   #14
ZLE dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodCheck View Post

Like I said. Post up the VIN... Just as another commenter stated, some of us (myself included) put all our vehicles on Vinwiki so it's very easy to see where it's been and what's been done to it. If you feel weird about that for some reason good luck figuring this out with color/state/year...