Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-30-2021, 05:27 PM   #43
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro_89 View Post
Yes they are good all around tires. I have a set of those Nitto 555r2 tires in the rear of my Hellcat in a 305-35-20 which will be the same size you will get them in for your Z as well. I have a little over 3k miles on them so far with several burnouts with them at the track and mainly daily drive with them. They seem to have a decent amount of tread left. I might get about another 2-3 k miles out of them. If your just daily driving with them and minimal burnouts you might expect to get 6-8k out of them or possibly more depending on your driving style.

They stick pretty good for what they are. I have done a few test runs with them on my Hellcat and depending on the street surface I have hooked as low as a 2nd gear 30 mph roll with just a slight minimal slip and recovers quickly right after that and goes. 40 mph roll and up dead hooks. I have used these tires at the track on a prepped surface and they hooked pretty well from the start. Camaro guys can expect to hook better since they put the power down better with that Alpha chasis.

Also these tires corner pretty decently for a drag radial. They even hold up well in the rain. I have drivin at highway speeds of 70 mph in the rain with them and I felt like I wasn’t even driving a drag radial. I am still careful with driving in the rain with drag radials but these impressed me how they handle the wet since I have driven them in the rain quite a few times with no sign of feeling uncomfortable with them. I would definitely keep the PS4s up front as they do good for channeling water out of the way from the Nittos. Also for what it’s worth I have found setting them at around 26-28 psi seemed to be good range to keep them in for daily drives and traction purposes whenever you need to do a street hit.

I’d definitely recommend you get the BMR stuff as mentioned plus these tires and you will enjoy your heavily modded car a lot more. The car will spin a lot less and hook up much better to the point where your balls will fly into the back seat.
Thanks for the info. I am adding all of that to my list for my next round of mods. I am including a meth system and maybe a chiller. I'd like to see if I can get this thing to 900+ RWHP on meth!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:10 PM   #44
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

My next round of mods are just about set for mid-December. I'm going with a P3 gauge, 30+ injectors and LPE pump to run full E85, BMR rear cradle, BMR diff bushings kit with lower control arms, catch can, and a chiller setup. After that I'll see about some better tires and my build should be just about complete.

The only other future mods I would need if I want more power is maybe some meth. I'm not sure I'll go that route but it is an option. For now I figure I'll have a setup good for a strong and reliable 850-900 RWHP that will be used as a DD.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:38 AM   #45
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
My next round of mods are just about set for mid-December. I'm going with a P3 gauge, 30+ injectors and LPE pump to run full E85, BMR rear cradle, BMR diff bushings kit with lower control arms, catch can, and a chiller setup. After that I'll see about some better tires and my build should be just about complete.

The only other future mods I would need if I want more power is maybe some meth. I'm not sure I'll go that route but it is an option. For now I figure I'll have a setup good for a strong and reliable 850-900 RWHP that will be used as a DD.
Decided yet on whose injectors?

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 10:15 PM   #46
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
Decided yet on whose injectors?
I've seen several posts and came to the conclusion that I'll go with FIC +30.

I'm still open to suggestions tho...
Old 12-03-2021, 06:16 PM   #47
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I decided to get myself a P3 vent gauge. It's pretty neat. I like it. It monitors a lot of parameters although only one at a time. It reads and clears DTCs. And it plugs into the OBD2 port and reads directly from there. It even came with a splitter so I can use another device with it...or tune the ECU without having to disconnect. I plan to get a Banks gauge to go along with this one. Soo far I like it. It is perfect for what I have at this point.
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2021, 11:38 PM   #48
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

So my ZL1 will be going to the shop on Jan 3rd. I'm having it looked over and re-tuned on the dyno. The dyno is a Mustang Dyno and they will be using 6th gear instead of 7th. So I expect my numbers to be a bit low. But I'm not really looking for a dyno queen anyway. I figure I can always dyno it on a Dynojet someplace where they will do a 7th gear pull some time in the future. So it is not really that important right now. The main goal right now is to clean up the tune and improve the driveability.

So my list this time will be:
Hood modification (needed for the Whipple blower)
BMR Diff Bushing Lockout kit
BMR Rear Cradle Bushing kit
BMR Lower trailing arms
Aeroforce dual gauge vent pod with two Aeroforce Intercepter
Aeroforce wideband O2 sensor
Forced inductions Interchiller
ADM intercooler reservoir.

Hopefully I will have everything here by the time the car has to go in!! I'll be shooting for a 93 octane flex tune and a 100 octane flex tune. I certainly am excited for this round of mods!!

I'm also teasing myself with the idea of a 416 build...
Old 01-03-2022, 03:40 PM   #49
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I dropped her off this morning. I decided to just have the car looked over and retuned for now. Due to my schedule I don't think I'll have time to wait for the other parts to arrive and have them installed and tuned. So we'll see what numbers I get and how well it comes out soon. Hopefully by the end of the week.

I have the suspension parts. I'm still waiting on the Interchiller. I have the Aeroforce Interceptor dual vent pod and gauges coming this week. And I'll be ordering the Aeroforce wideband and ADM reservoir next week. Once all the parts arrive I'll send ot back in for install and tuning.
Old 01-07-2022, 03:35 PM   #50
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I am on my way to pick my ZL1 up from the dyno shop now!! I'll post the numbers and details later!! Stay tuned.
Old 01-07-2022, 07:46 PM   #51
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

So my numbers on a Mustang Dyno with a 6th gear pull came out to 688 RWHP and 635 RWTQ. I think this is in line with the differences between a Mustang Dyno and a Dynojet.

My previous dyno was on a Dynojet in October and it made 745 RWHP and 710 RWTQ on a 6th gear pull. So that is close to a 10% difference between dynos.

Mor importantly is the improved driveability. The issues I had with the original tune are now gone and it drives much better and cleaner. So I am happier with how it drives now than from before. I'm gonna take it out later tonight for some WOT pulls and see how it does.

Also I got my gauges and dual pod in. I wasn't expecting the install to be as detailed as it is so I'll have to wait for a day when it is warm out to install everything. Once I get that installed I'll be able to fully monitor how it is running. I'll post pics later.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:50 PM   #52
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Wow that’s some good numbers!

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 07:34 AM   #53
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
Wow that’s some good numbers!
Thanks man. I have more mods coming in the future and it will need to be retuned at that point so we'll see if I can get a bit more from it!!
Old 01-09-2022, 01:19 PM   #54
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I got my dual gauge vent pod installed and man was it a bear to get in there and get the putty in place and keep the wires from popping out and keep the pod from popping out. I'm pretty sure I might have to re-do it at some point. But it looks decent enough for now. I'll take pics later. I figure I will keep that along with my P3 gauge. Although you can't use the P3 gauge and the Interceptor gauges simultaneously, I can use the Interceptor gauges for monitoring and the P3 gauge solely for reading and erasing DTC2. So it is a nice look. I'll just have to zip tie the wires somewhere and that'll be it.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:34 PM   #55
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

The screens are a little dirty but the gauges came out pretty decent.
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2022, 10:39 PM   #56
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Next up is the Aeroforce wideband kit, suspension upgrade install, and then the FI chiller install. I'll probably wait until warmer weather to have it all done in one shot and have it retuned. Afterwards I'll be done with all the performance mods. I figure I'll probably eclipse my HP goal when all is said and done and all for around $20K total.