Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-10-2020, 08:47 PM   #15
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
This is what I did, fabbed new spacers. Bonus was I added an additional 1/16" or so to keep them off the paint. Don't know why its so hard for some to provide proper fitment on simple items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagstar View Post
I'm using the ZL1 Addons Deluxe Rock Guards with 325s out back. They cover just enough tire to prevent any kick-up. My only tiny complaint is the included screw posts for the rears seem a little too short because when tightened it curves the guards in a bit, thus covering a little less tire. The posts should be about 1/2" longer to prevent this. I'm probably going to make my own some day to correct it. Only pic I have right now. Aesthetically I barely notice them, but my car is black...
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:17 PM   #16
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
I went with the factory GM guards and they are secured with rivets plus screws. I added the side skirts and they will probably help more then the front Splash guard. I also clear wrapped the lower part of the car to hopefully avoid chips.
Did you have to cut your side skirts to fit around your OEM Splash guards?
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:26 AM   #17
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
Did you have to cut your side skirts to fit around your OEM Splash guards?
Yes I did have to trim a bit. The Dremel is your friend.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:12 AM   #18
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqwert6 View Post
This is what I did, fabbed new spacers. Bonus was I added an additional 1/16" or so to keep them off the paint. Don't know why its so hard for some to provide proper fitment on simple items.
So you now have a gap between the rock guard and the body of the car? Where debris can collect? Possibly rub against the paint and damage it?

The size of the spacers is to create the bend and hold them very firmly in place. It wasn't "by accident", it was designed that way. On purpose. For a reason.

So, what was that about proper fitment?
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #19
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
So you now have a gap between the rock guard and the body of the car? Where debris can collect? Possibly rub against the paint and damage it?

The size of the spacers is to create the bend and hold them very firmly in place. It wasn't "by accident", it was designed that way. On purpose. For a reason.

So, what was that about proper fitment?
Nope, completely WRONG. Precisely the opposite, as I have stated. If that wasn't clear enough.

I've had them off since and the finish is absolutely perfect. Unlike it would be if you had a piece of hard plastic, with dirt and dust grinding away on your paint job. Seems like that would be obvious to most... Most.

Do you generally prefer to have hard abrasive surfaces in firm contact with your paint job? That's seem like an odd thing to prefer.

Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote