Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-29-2020, 06:26 AM   #1
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
LT1's Scarce?

I went to my local dealer and had them do a locate for an LTI- pretty much a base manual transmission with one option- NPP. But I wanted anything except black, white or dark gray. My ideal preference is the satin steel (silver?). They were only able to find a dark gray one at a sister store. They said dealers are doing no swaps right now.

So do I need to order one? Those of you who just bought an LT1- did you order it, dealer locate, etc?

BTW, the sales guy had no clue what an LT1 was- or what NPP was. He had to go to his manager to find out......
Old 12-29-2020, 06:34 AM   #2
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
I mean, Camaros in general have been scarce most of this year. I started my look in June(?) or something and it was hard to find ANY within the Cleveland area in any trim level new or used.

Inventory has just been getting better more recently. I think my local dealer I ordered/bought my 2SS from had only 2 on the lot when I was there last.

As far your dealer, go to another one if you can. If they are that clueless on the items they sell, I'd steer clear. They should know what the LT1 and various options are!
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 06:50 AM   #3
Vega$69

Drives: 2017 Corvette ZO6 & 2021 Camaro LT1
I bought one 12/24/2020

Is a 2021. Satin Steel Metallic M6. Was on the lot. Didn't even know they existed. I stopped in to look at a 2018 1SS they had. The New LT1 cost me less than the used SS

Only one in Vegas. Has NPP (wanted) Sunroof (can take it or leave it) Red Calipers Stripes, Front and Rear Spoiler and the Tech Package (all nice features. On the car so I got them)

Didn't want to order a car and wait just to save a couple Gs

Name:  IMG_2277.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  385.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2281.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  305.3 KB
Vega$69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:35 AM   #4
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
"BTW, the sales guy had no clue what an LT1 was- or what NPP was. He had to go to his manager to find out......[/QUOTE]"

This has always baffled me to no end - HOW can you sell something that you don't even know. Answer -when your customers know even less .

To me, that even comes down to you're not really passionate about cars and/or your job, for that matter. I can almost guarantee I can walk into several dealerships (unprepared) and know/be able to sell the vehicles better than many of the "sales" people. What a joke lol
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:55 AM   #5
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
I went to my local dealer and had them do a locate for an LTI- pretty much a base manual transmission with one option- NPP. But I wanted anything except black, white or dark gray. My ideal preference is the satin steel (silver?). They were only able to find a dark gray one at a sister store. They said dealers are doing no swaps right now.

So do I need to order one? Those of you who just bought an LT1- did you order it, dealer locate, etc?

BTW, the sales guy had no clue what an LT1 was- or what NPP was. He had to go to his manager to find out......
Most dealerships will list their new cars on Autotrader. I ran a quick search for V8 Camaros near Naples and there weren't any listed. It looks like you might want to order if you want a specific option combination. They should still be able to give you a decent deal.

I wouldn't be too hard on the sales staff. Most are there to sell cars and not be experts. If they are decent to work with and give you a good deal then that is more important. I bought a 5th Gen and a 6th Gen from people that weren't experts but they gave me fair deals. Both worked for larger dealerships and their knowledge was no reflection of the dealership's ability to support the cars after I bought them.
Mark114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:04 AM   #6
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
I ordered mine back in March. My dealer had no clue about the LT1 (although they now have 1 in inventory lol).
Some dealers had them in Phoenix, but they didn't have any, or very few, options (like A10). Nothing in the color I wanted anywhere. NOTHING w/ a M6, let alone anything close to the options I wanted.

They shut down the factory 2 weeks after I ordered it for the Kung Flu. I ended up getting it in July. (which actually worked out in my favor because I had a ridiculously large down payment accrued by then)

The only bad part.... no real deal. I got invoice (plus rebates) and that was it. NOBODY would go lower, even using the Costco trick.

In the end, I got EXACTLY what I wanted and a decent price. So I'm good.

Short story long, don't be afraid to order it. You have about an 8 week wait to get it and the process is a learning experience if you've never done it before!
Old 12-29-2020, 08:08 AM   #7
supercab78

Drives: 1931 Ford 1941&1963 Chevy. 2020 LT1
I think GM site has a national search function on their site. I found what we wanted about 450 miles from us. It was a fun road trip, especially driving the new car back home. I broke it in on the country back roads on the way home. 2020 LT1 M6
supercab78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:13 AM   #8
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post

100 miles east of you there is a dealer with 2 white zero option 2021 LT1's for $30,177 + tax + $1200 in fees. You can always swap out exhaust for Borla axle back.

https://www.bomninchevrolet.com/Vehi...mission=Manual

EDIT: oops, saw you don't want white. He also has a red hot with 1 option (npp) yesterday. May be in transit though.
Old 12-29-2020, 09:21 AM   #9
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
JT, I sent you a pm about a LT1 at Rick Hendrick Chevy in Duluth, Ga. From the look of it, it looks like what you are wanting in Satin Steel and a 6 speed with NPP.
Old 12-29-2020, 09:28 AM   #10
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
a quick search shows over 400 of them within 500 miles of you.

41 are Satin Steel
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:31 AM   #11
Wrecks24

Drives: Camaro LT1
There were 5 at my dealer when I bought mine last month. There are 3 now.
https://www.championjc.com/VehicleSe...t&model=Camaro
Wrecks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:35 AM   #12
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
https://www.chevrolet.com/locate-inv...stalcode=34110
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:18 PM   #13
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 View Post
100 miles east of you there is a dealer with 2 white zero option 2021 LT1's for $30,177 + tax + $1200 in fees. You can always swap out exhaust for Borla axle back.

https://www.bomninchevrolet.com/Vehi...mission=Manual

EDIT: oops, saw you don't want white. He also has a red hot with 1 option (npp) yesterday. May be in transit though.
I did see these- thanks. I really want NPP, don't want to mess with an axle back. I am on my second one on my V6- a MBRP first, now a custom one with Flowmaster minis. The drone is just awful- both of them. I know I need to go to a Borla and it means investing another $800 on top of the $900 I already invested- which is why I want to go for the V8 LT1. Love my V6 but it's time for a V8 now. I want blue or satin. I just saw a dealer up near Tampa with a nice blue one but Tampa is a ride....
Old 12-29-2020, 01:27 PM   #14
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
I bought one 12/24/2020

Is a 2021. Satin Steel Metallic M6. Was on the lot. Didn't even know they existed. I stopped in to look at a 2018 1SS they had. The New LT1 cost me less than the used SS

Only one in Vegas. Has NPP (wanted) Sunroof (can take it or leave it) Red Calipers Stripes, Front and Rear Spoiler and the Tech Package (all nice features. On the car so I got them)

Didn't want to order a car and wait just to save a couple Gs

Attachment 1054118

Attachment 1054119

nice looking car! mind if i ask you what you paid?