#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-19-2012, 05:38 AM   #57
GatorUSMC

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInMoscow View Post
I'd just like to know in which conference my WVU Mountaineers are going to be competing! Big East or Big 12? Come on!

BTW, after the Orange Bowl, I now understand why the ACC didn't invite WVU into their conference! They'd have to go to triple digit scoreboards if the league champion's defense is any indication of the rest of the league's quality!

After seeing WVU pay $350k to FSU to get out of a home and home, I'm just glad it's not the SEC.

Went from begging to join the top dogs to running from Chief Osceola because he got some good recruits for a change.
GatorUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #58
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpine View Post
I'm back...well that is to say I have not been on this forum in while, however, I saw some disappointing news that I'm not sure if anyone else is already aware of for this next football season. TCU seemed to hit the local news hard this week with 4 of their players and a bunch of other students and non-students being busted this past week for dealing drugs to other students. One of the key defensive players over the last year or so was included in the 4 and there may be more. It seems Fort Worth Police Department in conjunction with TCU Campus Police have been investigating for the last six months and decided it was finally go time to make some arrests. I assume to find out who the suppliers are now from the sellers. A majority of the students were dealing just 'pot' though a few were doing other illegal and prescription drugs. O well, what a way for them to enter the BIG XII. Guess they have to show they can play and deal too! LOL.

Supposedly, the whole team was piss tested back on February 1st due to an allegation by a big prospective recruit to the team telling the head coach he would not come to TCU due to the drug use he saw by team players...DUH~!
What is wrong with these kids today..... isn't it enough to be able to play major college football, getting a great education and go through the college experience.....then you need to push drugs???????

I will never understand this, especially from top prospect players who had a future in the NFL......really sad...I am glad TCU put the hammer down...maybe others will learn.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #59
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
You know every school has its bad pears. Texas had a few however what gets me is this is TCU for those of you who dont know who TCU is they are private which means they are not a state school and it cost dam near 40K a year (hell it may be a semester i dont know) these kids come from money so why they are selling drugs I have no clue.

Would it shock me if they were doing them ? No but selling them...... Yeah.

I dont see how any college athlete would pi$$ his chance away over such stupid stuff. Especially when you know you are being watched.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #60
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Michigan picked up eight, yes EIGHT commitments this past weekend. All of them are 4 star recruits. That gives us 11 commitments for '13 already. 5 of them are in the top 100 and 10 of them are top 200. Suck it Urban!

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #61
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
It is going to be hard watching Penn State this year without Joepa on the field. It is going to be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of seasons in Happy Valley.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #62
JUISSD

Urban raided PSU's cabinet big time this year.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #63
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
Urban raided PSU's cabinet big time this year.
Good. The guys that chose to go elsewhere were not Penn State caliber anyway. (off the field)
Old 02-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #64
JUISSD

I don't think I'd go that far.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:56 AM   #65
GatorUSMC

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
I don't think I'd go that far.

Me either.

There's been major changes to the coaching staff, they'll be changes to the depth chart and style of play and some of the kids/families have lost the person they had a relationship with in the recuiting process. Toss in the fact that many people think the university and board of trustees did a horrible job handling this situation.

Nothing wrong with taking Meyer over O'Brien.
GatorUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #66
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

It happened the same way at Alabama when Bear Bryant retired and then dies a month later....schools took alot of prospects away from Alabama during those times and until the last few years Alabama has been pretty much out of the picture except for 1992.

But heres the thing about all that...while it may be true that kids go to certain schools just because of a certain coach...todays kids want to play and play now so a kid going to PSU, Alabama, Texas, OU just becuase of Paterno, Saban, Brown etc.... are not alot for the simple fact that playing time is a major factor and you see it all the time when a kid goes to a school just for playing time.

It will be really interesting to see Gunner Kiel this upcoming year...he commited to Indiana, then LSU and finally went to Notre Dame...reasoning? Playing time.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #67
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
You know every school has its bad pears. Texas had a few however what gets me is this is TCU for those of you who dont know who TCU is they are private which means they are not a state school and it cost dam near 40K a year (hell it may be a semester i dont know) these kids come from money so why they are selling drugs I have no clue.

Would it shock me if they were doing them ? No but selling them...... Yeah.

I dont see how any college athlete would pi$$ his chance away over such stupid stuff. Especially when you know you are being watched.
Come from money? Yes and no....TCU has 4 kids, (oops, only 3 now) from Copperas Cove, TX....a military town with a population of about 30-33,000. One of the kids busted, Tanner Brock, is the son of the HS football teams defensive coach. His older brother is still at TCU. Scholarships pay for these kids to attend TCU....not money from their parents. TCU does have high academic standards though. This kid was expected to make some big waves in the Big12 this season. My son saw Tanner back in town last week and the word is he's back at home with mom and dad. Such a waste.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #68
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Just sayin......

Old 02-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #69
JUISSD

Michigan picks up yet another Top 100 commitment, 4* 6'5 280lb OT out of PA. We are cleaning up!

Old 04-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #70
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Quote:
Michigan picks up yet another Top 100 commitment, 4* 6'5 280lb OT out of PA. We are cleaning up!
Keep them coming !!!!
GO BLUE
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods sway bars.
pedders street 1 package. ,Hurst short throw shifter
With bronze bushings .
skar is offline   Reply With Quote