Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-10-2019, 11:49 AM   #15
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
trifecta's tcm tune is pretty decent. I've been rocking it since mid 2016. I've always told people, tuning the tcm probably makes more of a difference to the stock car than any ecu tuning will do (though they tend to go hand-in-hand).

So many little issues with the stock tcm tune that can be rectified. Those willing to take the plunge, will not be disappointed.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #16
Billiumus

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT1 RS v6 a8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
trifecta's tcm tune is pretty decent. I've been rocking it since mid 2016. I've always told people, tuning the tcm probably makes more of a difference to the stock car than any ecu tuning will do (though they tend to go hand-in-hand).

So many little issues with the stock tcm tune that can be rectified. Those willing to take the plunge, will not be disappointed.

100%...I had the ecu tuned first, and the tcm unlocked and tuned about a month later. With just the engine tune it was nice, and noticeable...but nothing like it was after the tcm. Once the transmission was tuned it was like a whole different car
Billiumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #17
tomcamaro1

Drives: camaro rs v6 2017
did your tune have any effect on the performance shift feature?..Does it still work or was it eliminated with the tune?
tomcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:42 AM   #18
Billiumus

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT1 RS v6 a8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcamaro1 View Post
did your tune have any effect on the performance shift feature?..Does it still work or was it eliminated with the tune?
Good question...I still get the prompt on the HUD that it is activating for sure. I'm pretty sure it still holds the car in a lower gear n ready to go but I have to double check now.
Billiumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:50 PM   #19
tomcamaro1

Drives: camaro rs v6 2017
please let us know
tomcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, mod, tune, v6a8