Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-30-2019, 01:16 AM   #15
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
They can definitely keep it around longer if they drop the LT2 from the C8 in it. The Challenger was in third place for many years until recently and Dodge never gave up on it, even though its the most expensive of the three. Why can't the Camaro stick around like the Challenger has?
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:00 AM   #16
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
This is another reason can explain Camaro will thrive...

Seems like we would have 4-door Camaro in future.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:35 AM   #17
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Doesn't matter to me anymore, I have the last and best Camaro I will ever own.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:53 AM   #18
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Firebird View Post
This is another reason can explain Camaro will thrive...

Seems like we would have 4-door Camaro in future.
Only way we will see a 4 door is if Corvette becomes a brand , which I think should happen and do away with Cadillac. 7th gen Camaros would be a huge part of the Corvette brand.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:12 AM   #19
WS6ADDICT

Drives: 85IROC-94Z-81Z2-2018 Vert 2002 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Doesn't matter to me anymore, I have the last and best Camaro I will ever own.
That is true!!
WS6ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:18 AM   #20
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
The truth is that times are changing. All of us "old guys" (Medicare card carrying) grew up in a car culture that was started in the late 40s as the GIs came home. This continued through the 60s with the boom of the muscle car. The 70s and 80s nearly killed the performance car culture. Horrible cars and worse performance.

The 90s started to bring back performance. The Mustang, Firebird and Camaro brought performance to the masses. The Corvette was still an aspirational car.

The 10s and Teens have been great for the performance car. 650+ HP available to the public at affordable prices. While all this is super great for the enthusiast, the world has changed. The new hot vehicle became the SUV for some practicality that wasn't a minivan. For the most part, the younger generation didn't grow up on Vanishing Point, The Gumball Rally or Le Mans. They grew up either glued to their phones or playing some type of 1st shooter video game or both. Cars didn't penetrate their consciousness.

I know that most 2X year olds are looking for something that gets 3X miles to the gallon and costs <$25K. Student debt and housing are their priorities. Cars are far down the list. This puts the Camaro on the outside, looking in. It is a great car. It is a super value. However, it isn't a SUV for the newly married or a 30+ MPG car that costs $22K and can haul 4 people. The piece of the pie that the Camaro is competing for is shrinking. It is unlikely to get bigger in the future.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:29 AM   #21
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS6ADDICT View Post
GM is losing cause all we get is some pansy bragging about JD Power awards from 3 years ago while Vin and the Dodge Brothers are burning rubber in a true Muscle Car. Remember when Jimmy Hendrix played during a Camaro commercial? And an IROC was the coolest thing a 13 year old could wish for? Chevy is destined for the same fate as Oldsmobile. 442's were cool. T Top Hurst Olds anyone?
Chevy should have some leadership with some balls.
Hasta La Vista Camaro. It was a great run while it lasted. Maybe I'll buy a yellow SS to stare at for eternity..........GM even sold off the Transformer cars.
the jimmy hendrix commercials were for the 4thgens that sold terribly.