Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-23-2020, 12:28 PM   #71
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieSS View Post
I'm seeing more and more people with tow hooks sticking out of their front grills and I wonder why??? I've always thought that's the kind of thing that you'd store in the trunk or somewhere it's not visible until you'd need it. Then you'd take it out and screw it in where needs to be so you can get towed. But some people like those things sticking out in plain view and I can't help but to wonder why? This is the kind of thing the ricer crowd does but not us big boys with real muscle....

Exactly! I can't figure that one out either. Looks silly its also stupid. Just makes it easier to steal your car giving them a great place to hook up a wench.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:31 PM   #72
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28pat View Post
I don’t get the wicker bills that people rivet to the spoilers, looks like it belongs on a nascar race car and IMHO looks terrible, why add an air brake to your car , but To each their own , your car, you do as you please with it.

Next they will be adding fake Parachutes to the back making people think they need a chute to slow that Mutha down stoplight to stoplight.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:35 PM   #73
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

There used to be a Nissan Z in my hood with one, complete with fart can muffler. I then made a decision no way in hell would I drive around with a hook coming out my grill. Unless on a track it screams RICE-o-Roni!
Old 01-23-2020, 12:38 PM   #74
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28pat View Post
Interesting point , on a street car like a 1le, are there real gains from the wicker bill , and does it offset any loss of top speed due to it?

Don't know but the Tow Hook adds about 10hp.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:39 PM   #75
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
this 5th gen camaro that lives by me is funny lol fake side pipes fake parachute and wheelie bars

Old 01-23-2020, 12:41 PM   #76
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
How do you know they do not track the car, do you know them personally? But is this a big deal really? If you took a picture of a ZL1 1LE and posted it a few years ago everyone would shout "Ricer". Tastes change, and to each thier own. Live and let live. I do not think you can judge people superficially unless you know them and can apply some empathy.

And if you do track it is easiest just to leave the hook in the grill.
Take maybe 15 sec. to screw them in if needed after a track breakdown. And another 15 sec. to remove.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:43 PM   #77
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Nose rings on a coupe are fine for dress up, IMO. And certainly appropriate for the folks who track their cars.

I have the factory hook in the trunk if I should ever need a tow.

But I can't see putting one on a convertible ... it just doesn't work on a vert.

This is all I see when I think about it:

LOL....its how the 2024 Camaro will look.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:45 PM   #78
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
I saw all of those on a Honda the other day.

The tow hook I can cough up to psychotic preparedness, the white lettering used to be a thing back in the 60’s, but the instagram/ twitter thing is simply narcissistic attention whoring.

and 70's. They look good on tires with meaty sidewall. Not on low profile tires.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:18 PM   #79
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
People do what they do. Who knows why. Like the guy in the 2020 RS that wanted to race me yesterday. What’s up with that?
He wanted to test his Quad-Turbo setup.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:24 PM   #80
viurniel
@viurniel

Drives: 19 ZLE A10, 15 2SS, 90 300ZXTT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Take maybe 15 sec. to screw them in if needed after a track breakdown. And another 15 sec. to remove.

After a track day, one has to change the oil, the underside track aero bits, the tires, rain guard on hood, clean the grime, check alignment,etc ... the hook can stay right where it is. Also, some bodies require a rear hook... good luck finding a location where the hook can be removed in 15 seconds and pass inspection.
viurniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:25 PM   #81
ferrisbueller

Drives: 50th anniversary hot wheels camaro
UGLY ! I agree with Ozzie, I saw a red hook poking out just this week and my eyes went right to it and I thought WTF
ferrisbueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:25 PM   #82
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I just let him go, the same as I do to the trucks, Maximas, Optimas, and last week a Camry of all things. Sometimes I wonder what they're thinking though. Do they really think they could win?

I hate when racers try to rice me....Ooops I mean when Ricers try to race me.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:27 PM   #83
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I love some of the comments in this thread.

A tow hook is very handy if you track your car and can save them from wrapping a cable around your suspension (if they can get to it) and tow you out of the track infield.

I would like to have one on the rear as well.

It's also a great way to get your car on a trailer with a winch. Especially if you're by yourself or the car won't start.

Attachment 1017331
Yeah well the OP is actually talking about people driving around on the street with them, so the track use isn't relevant.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:29 PM   #84
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
My Corsa Cat-back has that effect on people. It's like they get personally offended. More times than not as I am slowing down and needing to downshift (always with rev matching on), people just react to it by wanting to keep pace or pass me up.

For most, I think rev matching says to them "race", especially with an exhaust system. A lot of people are still in the dark about the purpose of rev matching and it is just now starting to be a common feature on manuals.

I hate it when a ricer sees me stopped at a light and then all of a sudden they start making loud farting sounds from their mufflers like they are trying to impress me. But I never let that "trigger " me.