Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-04-2016, 02:07 AM   #15
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Can I get a full spec for what would be the go-to setup for FS as far as wheels/tires? Sorry I am really bad at the setup game for wheels/tires...or at least I know I don't know enough to make the decision.

I intend to go down to 19" diameter and obviously same widths. What would you all shoot for in terms of offset and tire width + aspect ratio? I plan to run Michelin Pilot Super Sport which is my go-to street / auto-x tire.

Also, would you prefer square or staggered given the fact that we have to stay with the stock wheel width? For instance, if you were to go square, wouldn't the stock wheel width up front have an adverse effect on the front tires in terms of sidewall flex?

Sorry in advance if these are dumb questions...I have only driven AWD Subarus and Audi for more than a decade and never learned about this stuff.
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:06 AM   #16
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
I would of course prefer a square setup, but that may be close to impossible where it will be more than difficult to put the same tire that's on the back 9.5" wheel and make it fit on the front 8.5" wheel.

As far as tire sizes, jury is also still out on that as a) the car is still too new and b) most northern regions aren't autoxing for another 2+ months.

Given the lack of tires available and lack of a good selection of 19" wheels adds to it. I'd find a wheel that doesn't go foul of the offset rules (+/- 7mm) and then go from there and then find a set of tires that have comparable tire diameters, as wide as will fit on 8.5" and 9.5" wide wheels. You can probably get some 285s on the rear, but no way on the front. The "stagger" of the OEM widths are the problem in that regard... (and why I'm waiting to hear more about the 1LE next week before setting foot in my dealers showroom).

--kC
<--- On Subaru #10, won Nationals with a WRX Wagon in '03.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:09 PM   #17
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Thanks...actually, I guess it can't hurt to just run the stock 20s this year and let the better drivers sort out the right setup. The stock tires shouldn't be too bad compared to the crap that have come with my past cars.
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:28 PM   #18
mcynet

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I have my tickets for Chicago Auto show to see the 1Le in person

(OLD CAR)2014 Camaro 1LE, 2SS, NPP Dual Mode Exhaust, K&N Air Filter. E3 Catch Can. z28 Grill, and 1LE Badging
mcynet is offline   Reply With Quote