Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-14-2018, 05:23 PM   #29
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
It's pretty darn great.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:00 PM   #30
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
It's a great daily driver. I drove from NC to south Florida in my '16 2SS and it was very comfortable. Same trip in my 5th gen 5 years earlier was killer on my back.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:08 PM   #31
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmDanny View Post
How’s reliability been? Any issues so far? Luckily 90% of my commute to work or SO’s is highway so I can save fuel there and romp here out in the desert. Guess that’s one thing I never thought of, but I don’t think it’ll push me away. I get similar affects when driving my 69
The car has never left me stranded, though the reliability is questionable.
The car bakes the starter motor, so quick restarts in the heat cause a slow crank. The car also had the hydraulic tensioner blow a seal around 15k, apparently a very common issue on the LT1. And she will randomly make a high pitch whine from the harmonic balancer about once a month, but the dealerships in my area are reluctant to fix it.

So, in short, the car has never broken down, but I have reservations about the reliability. My car is a first year model though, so most of the bugs are probably due to that.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:25 PM   #32
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Mind giving me your car? Lol you have the EXACT model plus options I’d love to have. Only garnet reds within 500 miles of me are 1SS :(

Lol! Sorry, my good man, you’ll have to find your own (mine is only a mo old). Do you know how hard it was to wait an entire year and a half just to justify the loss to upgrade my 2lt???

Thank God it’s only money... and hearing that manly growl of the V8 tickling my eardrum is utterly priceless.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:48 PM   #33
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
80 mile-a-day round trip here so I really wanted the comforts of the 2SS and it delivers. The seats are really comfortable (standard...I heard the Recaros are a bit stiffer), the radio is great, heated and ventilated seats, I could keep going. One thing that is surprisingly nice for DD is the HUD. I no longer have to constantly look down to monitor how fast I'm going. This 6 speed SS is the most comfortable DD I've ever had and I traded in a 2015 CTS for it.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:47 PM   #34
ImmDanny

Drives: 2021 1SS, 1969 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Lifer View Post
My 2016 2SS manual has been my daily driver the past two years. The car's at just about 30,000 miles now, with no issues other than having to buy new tires once. I have a 40-mile round-trip to work and back, usually on a combination of freeway and surface streets, and I average nearly 20 mpg driving (mostly) rationally. LOVE the magnetic shocks.

Also, I see that you're in Phoenix. I'm in Mesa. The A/C on this thing is awesome for Arizona summers.
Good to see someone from Arizona, we have pretty similar round trip mileage so glad to see it's held up fine. When did the tires go? I'm also curious how those low vents are. My current car loses AC when I have to gun it hard so I'm assuming nearly anything would be better but with them being so low, does it hit your face? or more your arm?
ImmDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:53 PM   #35
ImmDanny

Drives: 2021 1SS, 1969 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie18SS View Post
80 mile-a-day round trip here so I really wanted the comforts of the 2SS and it delivers. The seats are really comfortable (standard...I heard the Recaros are a bit stiffer), the radio is great, heated and ventilated seats, I could keep going. One thing that is surprisingly nice for DD is the HUD. I no longer have to constantly look down to monitor how fast I'm going. This 6 speed SS is the most comfortable DD I've ever had and I traded in a 2015 CTS for it.
Seems like the 2SS is definitely the better choice for my circumstances. You use the ventilated seats often? Being in Arizona I could see that being very useful but I've seen a lot of people say they're essentially useless. Not just in the camaro but also in other cars I've looked into.
ImmDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:32 PM   #36
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Seems like the 2SS is definitely the better choice for my circumstances. You use the ventilated seats often? Being in Arizona I could see that being very useful but I've seen a lot of people say they're essentially useless. Not just in the camaro but also in other cars I've looked into.
The trick to the cooled seats is to turn your ac on and have it blow downward through the foot wells. Works every time for me.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:09 AM   #37
Frankie18SS

Quote:
It help takes the edge off until the AC gets going full blast. Another thing now that you mention it is the AC in my car is FRIGID. Not sure if it's the new type of refrigerate being used or the design of the system but the word "Arctic" is the best way to describe it.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:10 AM   #38
Frankie18SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
The trick to the cooled seats is to turn your ac on and have it blow downward through the foot wells. Works every time for me.
Nice! I gotta try that!
Old 08-15-2018, 04:12 AM   #39
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Good to see someone from Arizona, we have pretty similar round trip mileage so glad to see it's held up fine. When did the tires go? I'm also curious how those low vents are. My current car loses AC when I have to gun it hard so I'm assuming nearly anything would be better but with them being so low, does it hit your face? or more your arm?
I've had my 2018 2SS for a month and a day now. About 1200 miles on it. My commute is 65 miles round trip - but I do switch off between the motorcycle and the car and take a drive here an there in the meantime.

I bought the 2SS for the leather, heads up, cooled (well fan vent seats) and a few other creature comforts like rear cross traffic alerts and lane change indicators. I did not get the NPP exhaust or the MRC. Basically I have a basic 2SS with an auto.

I love it. I'm still getting used to driving it. I'm 6'3" and unfortunately a bit on the hefty side. I fit just fine.

The AC vents are really great. They swivel and turn and send a lot of air, or not so much wherever you want.

My best mileage was around 26 for a couple days -but really 23 is where it settles out at - and that's which some spirited fun.

I don't have an issue with visibility. The camera works well. and everything else is fine. Like somewhere on the forum the remark was made, drive it a couple days and it's an non-issue. I find this to be true.

Price-point was ok-ish. The 1SS is probably moar a bargain. The ZL1 just was not in the budget and not practical, nor is the 2SS but it is wicked fun.

No complaints yet.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:47 AM   #40
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Gas mileage would be my only concern. I'm semi-retired, work only 40 hours a week, tight budget now but my commute is a little longer at 350 miles a week. When I did the math, insurance, payments and gas mileage. it made sense for me to have 2 cars- a DD and my weekend car. And the SS burns premium fuel as well, which in my neck of the woods is .80 more a gallon. So I DD a Fiesta ST- a very cheap 17K car I bought new- which nets me almost 40 MPG, leaving my less fuel efficient performance car for the weekend.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:11 AM   #41
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Wow 4,000 mike trip? That’s awesome how was the comfort? I plan on taking more weekend trips to different parts of Cali/Arizona and have fun along the way.

It’s hard to find any with MRC besides 1LE’s around me.
Comfort was excellent. I was very happy with the in-car WIFI and Apple Car Play. On those long western highway stretches, you could cruise at 80+ for an hour or two without break. A good way to gobble up miles.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:28 AM   #42
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Excellent. Previous to my '17 SS 50th convertible I DD a '16 2LT C7 and the Camaro is by far a better all around DD.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote