Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-14-2018, 01:59 PM   #15
ImmDanny

Drives: 2021 1SS, 1969 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMI View Post
I don’t drive mine every day, tho I only leave the house a few times a week when I am home, but I can’t wait for something to come up so I can. Yet any more than that and I’m just cruising the streets as a day job, tho I enjoy when I’m behind the wheel greatly.
Mind giving me your car? Lol you have the EXACT model plus options I’d love to have. Only garnet reds within 500 miles of me are 1SS :(
ImmDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:16 PM   #16
CH.CRAFT

Drives: 2018 HOT WHEELS SS 6 SPEED COUPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmDanny View Post
What were you spending on gas? Obviously it’s a V8 so guess mileage won’t be the best but I feel like it’d totally be worth it as long as it’s not $100 a week.
I HAVE A 2011 CREW CAB SILVERADO WITH THE 6.2. I DO NOT HAVE TO DRIVE A LOT IN THE CITY BUT IT DOES VERY WELL ON GAS EVEN WITH THE DOD DISABLED. I THINK YOU CAN DO WELL WITH THE 6.2 IN THE CAMARO IF YOU HAVE DECENT DRIVING HABITS AND JUST ROMP ON IT OCCASIONALLY. IF YOU LIVE IN A LARGE CITY YOUR MILAGE WILL SUFFER WITH THE BUMPER TO BUMPER TRAFFIC. I REALLY DO NOT THINK YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.
I HAVE A 1978 SHORT BED 454 I BOUGHT NEW AND IT AVERAGES A LITTLE UNDER 10 MPG. IT GETS 7.5 MPG PULLING MY ENCLOSED RACE CAR TRAILER WITH A/C ON AND 8.5 MPG WITH A/C OFF.
CH.CRAFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:42 PM   #17
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Thinking of getting a 2018 soon as the 2019 start to roll out. Either a 1SS 1LE or 2SS depending on what I can find. For those who daily drive how is it? I’d be going 300 miles a week minimum.

Fantastic! I wouldn't want to drive anything else as a DD. its a fun car. Especially the manual.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:02 PM   #18
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
I have a 2SS with a manual. Drive mine 30 miles/day to/from work. Pick up kids (2 10yo) every afternoon from school.

It's a great DD!

As for visibility - I have zero issues. Make sure you adjust your mirrors correctly. https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...id-blind-spots If you have questions about it, PM me. Just remember - your "rearview mirror" is for seeing to the "rear", and your "side mirrors" are for seeing to the "side". If you can see behind you with your side mirrors, you're doing it wrong. In the Camaro, I can see the rear taillights of a car in my side mirrors around the same time as its hood comes into view outside the side window.

Trunk space is plenty enough for anything except a Home Depot run.

Gas mileage . . . well, I'm averaging 11.2mpg since I bought it. But . . . I have a very heavy foot. You'll likely get more like 16 or so.

It's as comfortable as my G8 was, except for sharp bumps (potholes, speed bumps, etc.). But, I also run the Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R, which has a sidewall stiffness comparable to a Hoosier R6 or similar "race" tire.

All in all . . . my favorite DD ever.
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:11 PM   #19
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
What were you spending on gas? Obviously it’s a V8 so guess mileage won’t be the best but I feel like it’d totally be worth it as long as it’s not $100 a week.

I think Gas mileage may be bad for some if they are used to driving a 4 banger. For a 455hp 455 lb tq car the gas mileage is great if you are not putting your foot in it.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:14 PM   #20
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH.CRAFT View Post
I AM RETIRED AND DO NOT DD, BUT I FIND THE CAMARO TO BE COMFORTABLE ENOUGH AFTER FIXING THE SEAT RECLINE ISSUE. I HAVE CHRONIC LOWER BACK PAIN AND IF IT WERE NOT POSSIBLE TO DRILL OUT THE STOPS ON THE SEATS I WOULD HAVE SOLD MY CAMARO. WHEN I BOUGHT IT I DID NOT REALIZE OR CHECK THE LACK OF ADJUSTMENT OF RECLINE ON THE SEATS.
GM ADDED A STOP TO LIMIT THE RECLINE ON THE SEATS WHICH MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE TO ME. THERE IS A POST ON HERE THAT EXPLAINS THE PROCEDURE FOR DRILLING OUT THE EXTRA SET OF STOPS, IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM AND THE INITIAL SET OF STOPS ARE STILL THERE.
I KNOW YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE 2.0T BUT I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE GAS MILAGE, I ONLY HAVE 1400 MILES SO FAR AND BY MY LOG BOOK I KEEP IT IS AVERAGING 36 MPG, THE DIC READS 38 BUT I FIND IT TO BE OFF A BIT.
I don't think thats why they don't recline. Pretty sure they don't recline is because Camaro now shares the same seat motor/mechanism as the corvette. Corvette seats have the stop bar to keep it from touching the back panel.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #21
CH.CRAFT

Drives: 2018 HOT WHEELS SS 6 SPEED COUPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
I don't think thats why they don't recline. Pretty sure they don't recline is because Camaro now shares the same seat motor/mechanism as the corvette. Corvette seats have the stop bar to keep it from touching the back panel.
NOT SURE WHY BUT WHEN I DRILLED THEM OUT THERE WAS ANOTHER ONE JUST LIKE THE ONES I DRILLED OUT ABOUT ONE INCH AWAY WHICH SHOULD STOP IT FURTHER BACK. ALL I KNOW FOR SURE IS THAT THE SEAT BACK WILL RECLINE MUCH FURTHER BACK NOW, MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR ME.
CH.CRAFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #22
ImmDanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post
I have a 2SS with a manual. Drive mine 30 miles/day to/from work. Pick up kids (2 10yo) every afternoon from school.

It's a great DD!

As for visibility - I have zero issues. Make sure you adjust your mirrors correctly. https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...id-blind-spots If you have questions about it, PM me. Just remember - your "rearview mirror" is for seeing to the "rear", and your "side mirrors" are for seeing to the "side". If you can see behind you with your side mirrors, you're doing it wrong. In the Camaro, I can see the rear taillights of a car in my side mirrors around the same time as its hood comes into view outside the side window.

Trunk space is plenty enough for anything except a Home Depot run.

Gas mileage . . . well, I'm averaging 11.2mpg since I bought it. But . . . I have a very heavy foot. You'll likely get more like 16 or so.

It's as comfortable as my G8 was, except for sharp bumps (potholes, speed bumps, etc.). But, I also run the Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R, which has a sidewall stiffness comparable to a Hoosier R6 or similar "race" tire.

All in all . . . my favorite DD ever.
Sounds like you’re the perfect sample case haha. Visibility is something I’m not too concerned about but I understand I’ll need to adjust accordingly. I’m good at setting my side mirrors to let me see everything I need to but the added security of the BSM would ease my conscious ( and my mothers).

Right now I have 0 trunk space because my Sentra has a subwoofer box that takes up the entire truck anyways so it’ll probably feel like a huge upgrade.

Gas mileage I’m on and off about. I’m coming from a 4 banger so obviously I’m gonna lose a bit but at the same time I’m lucky to get 25mpg and that’s mostly highway driving. I think the decrease would be more than worth it with how fun it would be.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:06 PM   #23
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
I daily drive mine @ 23k miles, vis sucks, but you do get used to it. Power is great, and she sips fuel on the freeway (M6, no AFM). I find I get the best MPG @ 70-75mph, about 28mpg if the road is level. My Avg MPG is 21, lots of highway, almost no city.

The worst part about daily driving for me, is the rage the car inspires in others. You can look forward to many people messing with you. Idk, maybe its the neon red color that attracts the meatballs.

Either way, I love the SS as a daily. Fantastic car.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:09 PM   #24
ImmDanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
I daily drive mine @ 23k miles, vis sucks, but you do get used to it. Power is great, and she sips fuel on the freeway (M6, no AFM). I find I get the best MPG @ 70-75mph, about 28mpg if the road is level.

The worst part about daily driving for me, is the rage the car inspires in others. You can look forward to many people messing with you. Idk, maybe its the neon red color that attracts the meatballs.

Either way, I love the SS as a daily. Fantastic car.
How’s reliability been? Any issues so far? Luckily 90% of my commute to work or SO’s is highway so I can save fuel there and romp here out in the desert. Guess that’s one thing I never thought of, but I don’t think it’ll push me away. I get similar affects when driving my 69
Old 08-14-2018, 04:18 PM   #25
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I daily drove my 2SS for nearly two years till I upgraded to my ZL1. I took a 4,000+ mile road trip from Louisiana to The Little Big Horn and a dozen or so spots in between. It returned 24MPG. It was the second best road trip car that I have ever used (Jaguar XJ Portfolio is #1). That puts it in front of a couple 5 Series, a 3 series and a XF with the 5.0 V8 (close race here). I recommend the MRC. I was very happy with the 6 speed manual.

FWIW, I also tracked the car regularly. While the 1LE is a sharper track tool, the SS with MRC can hold its own with the big boys.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:25 PM   #26
ImmDanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
I daily drove my 2SS for nearly two years till I upgraded to my ZL1. I took a 4,000+ mile road trip from Louisiana to The Little Big Horn and a dozen or so spots in between. It returned 24MPG. It was the second best road trip car that I have ever used (Jaguar XJ Portfolio is #1). That puts it in front of a couple 5 Series, a 3 series and a XF with the 5.0 V8 (close race here). I recommend the MRC. I was very happy with the 6 speed manual.

FWIW, I also tracked the car regularly. While the 1LE is a sharper track tool, the SS with MRC can hold its own with the big boys.
Wow 4,000 mike trip? That’s awesome how was the comfort? I plan on taking more weekend trips to different parts of Cali/Arizona and have fun along the way.

It’s hard to find any with MRC besides 1LE’s around me.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:36 PM   #27
manofmoe

Drives: 2016 2SS Vert
I've put over 7,000 miles on my 2ss vert just in the last two months or so, and a little over 17k overall. The car is great on the highway. I'm pretty tall and was already used to driving a 5th gen vert prior so visibility is not an issue at all for me. The blind spot sensors in the 2ss do give you a little extra piece of mind if you are worried about it though. Gas mileage has generally been around 27+ on the highway, which has been a nice surprise. It is a great daily driver if you don't have too much in the way of people or cargo to haul around. Finally ditching the run-flat tires though was the best move I made with the car. Night and day difference in ride quality.
manofmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:18 PM   #28
GM Lifer

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS in Red Hot
My 2016 2SS manual has been my daily driver the past two years. The car's at just about 30,000 miles now, with no issues other than having to buy new tires once. I have a 40-mile round-trip to work and back, usually on a combination of freeway and surface streets, and I average nearly 20 mpg driving (mostly) rationally. LOVE the magnetic shocks.

Also, I see that you're in Phoenix. I'm in Mesa. The A/C on this thing is awesome for Arizona summers.
GM Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote