Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-10-2015, 03:20 PM   #127
GuitarJozz

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LS SIM
Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarJozz
Hey Camaro2LT, why don't you give the bumpers back to GM somehow? Show them that you were protecting them from being leaked, and that you are a loyal and trustworthy person? That should show them that you are serious about wanting to work for them, and it could help you in the future once you graduate.

That's so cool though that you were able to get ahold of them. If I were you though, in your shoes, I would not have let it slip on here that I had 6th gen Camaro bumpers/fascias in my possession. These people will hound you forever about it now. Lol. Or at least until the 6th gen is revealed. If I were you I would say I'm dropping this subject, shouldn't have said anything, those headlights look great, huh? And move on.
GuitarJozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:38 PM   #128
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Camaro2lt did nothing wrong, he & I do a similar thing. If you look at our ebay stuff, you can see we both have or had several different "surplus" parts.

As soon as the car is released, I guarantee he & I will both post pictures & be selling the front fascias.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #129
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
looks like a cry for attention then when attention was given he pulls back. why even mention it in the first place?

back on track to the lights. I like them !

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #130
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
yeah a sad cry for attention at that.
We know what 90% of the front looks like anyways so ur really hiding nothing. If you claimed you had rear bumpers than thats a different story of bs i would like to hear.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:27 PM   #131
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
OMG... guys wtf.. you are bashing on Camaro2lt so bad... I mean yeas its a really weird and forced story, but I may be true, I have my doubts about he having 4 bumpers on a College room, I have 2 2001 bumpers on my house and they are massive, cant imagine 4 bumpers in a college room... but still none of us have the right to bash on the kid...

you should call GM Camaro2lt, that way they can get the parts back, or you could give the parts to ACS, so they can start working on aftermarket Parts Im sure they can work on it wile keeping the original parts hidden..
Old 02-10-2015, 04:39 PM   #132
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
true or not it really doesn't matter since he only let us have the info that gets attention. It is odd that 4 bumbers would be in a college dorm room that he got from one of his "suppliers".

better of saying nothing. credibility was high with the post count but to claim he bought them solely to protect the camaro is bogus.

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:50 PM   #133
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
Background story on me is i'm a college kid going to school in Michigan and have a dream to work for GM one day. If I even thought about showing a pic my dream would be crushed. I have also been in the automotive surplus parts business for several years, this is how I acquired these parts.

A couple of months ago one of my suppliers sends me a pic of a bumper saying it's a 2014 bumper and asked if I would be interested in it? If not he would of put it on ebay to sell them on there. Knowing what they were and mixed with my extreme enthusiasm for Camaro I bought these bumpers for one purpose only TO PROTECT THE PRIVACY OF THIS CAR! GM has done such a good job keeping it protected I could not let a parts leak like this blow its cover. People argue it's only one part but it still shows what the front would look like. I still to this day will not post a picture and am not being paid at all by GM to keep it private. I am doing this solely because I am a passionate enthusiast and I respect this car very much and the people working on it! This car also means alot to me as the 5th gen played a big role in my lifestyle. SO if any of you are looking for a pic you will all just have to wait until the reveal to see this monster of a car!
To really protect the privacy of this car, then you should destroy the bumper. No?
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:29 PM   #134
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
He must have one hell of a big dorm room.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:33 PM   #135
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Maybe he made bunk beds out of them...
Old 02-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #136
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
Seriously.

WTF people.

I had thought that with the influx of fresh blood to the Camaro brand that crap like this was gone. I guess not. Everyone is just hating on this guy for saying that he has something - and not believing him because he's doing something that none of you would do?

This proves a few things:

1) Yes. It could all be made up. Who the f@#$ cares? Ignore him and move on.

2) You haters are turribul people. Those of you that said that they would have posted pics and gotten all the fame/glory or ransomed it: you don't know what it's like to create something and have it go out UNFINISHED and have everyone blast you for it, and never live it down. That is probably the reason why we have only seen what we have so far - GM probably has a lot of rough edges to sand out. (I am in an industry where an unfinished project can cost the company dearly)

3) Some people believe in something so strongly that they are willing to sacrifice for it. I would be willing to bet that a lot of those that actually have come to know Scott and the GM team would understand the reasoning behind keeping it under wraps (do you remember how everyone bashed the reveal on the today show) so as not to spoil anything for the company. There are just people who go out of their way. Yes, they are few and far between, but they do exist.

4) You haters (those that have cried foul) have nothing better to do. Again, if you don't believe him, move on. Ignore it. There's no point in sitting here and squabbling because some guy says he bought parts to keep them out of the public view. No one knows what connections the guy has and all I'm saying is that if you don't know, don't be talking chit.

----

The front fascia for the Camaro is big, but its not *that* big. I've had larger objects chilling in a room in an apartment I used to rent, and while it's a hassle - it's something you deal with (you do realize you can kinda stack them on each other?).

Besides: if he really did buy them, would you want to give them back to GM for free? I highly doubt they would compensate him; wouldn't it be better for him to hold on and sell them at a later date? Not saying that I believe him, just saying that none of us knows his story and if you were in his shoes and having a choice between "giving" them back to GM and being able to sell them as spare parts later - which would you choose?
(esp. those of you who so eloquently said you would ransom them)

also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
To really protect the privacy of this car, then you should destroy the bumper. No?
You would be correct - but I doubt these parts were cheap (less than 100.00). Do you wanna burn 400+? I wouldn't if I was in his shoes. I would find a way to keep going so I could make money back. Just saying...

Honestly people, if you are so jaded that you gotta instantly believe that everyone is lying: "I feel bad for you, son..."

------------------------

Lets get back to the discussion at hand and stop the bickering. Can anyone get a clearer / larger pic of the QR code on the side of the headlights? If so we can scan it and see what's in there, and perhaps those of us that are internet-friendly can find some information regarding it

This could be - like before - a mid-year change (like the 2014 was), where they introduce yet another feature of the next car to see how people deal with it, and it's not been made public yet.

However, if my opinion is worth anything, I do believe that if this is a mid-year change, it'll make it's way to the new car. That's the whole reason that GM changed the front fascia in 2014 - it's a "lets let little bits out and see how they react, and when the whole thing comes out it'll be golden". Again, just an opinion, not fact.

Back to the discussion people..

Last edited by WCFB-Russ; 02-10-2015 at 05:45 PM. Reason: werds
WCFB-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:49 PM   #137
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
maybe he is living in the duplex deluxe suite XD

Old 02-10-2015, 06:07 PM   #138
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
stumbled on this while looking around at the 2016 camaro...

maybe someone knows more than they are saying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Old 02-10-2015, 06:17 PM   #139
alcal1084

Drives: 2012 45TH AE SS
I know for a fact he's not lying. Now what I don't understand is why say anything at all? If you respect GM and the people you have had the pleasure of meeting you sould have just kept your mouth shut. You could have waited till the release of the car at whatever auto show they decided to show it at, and then start a thread with the bumpers in your dorm. Then people will be like omg your so cool you have car parts for a car that isn't out yet how did you do it I wish I was as cool as you, my life sucks compared to yours, you must get tons of *****!!!! But looks like you blew that opportunity.

Last edited by alcal1084; 02-10-2015 at 06:36 PM.
alcal1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:35 PM   #140
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I have seen so much hogwash on here about what people know or what they have seen its just hard to accept some things on someone's word alone. It is the internet and much you see and read is bogus and some people live to put one over on people. After a while you get to be someone that wants more than words. Which is only expected... You know the old saying...fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...
That being said, I apologize for my posts...

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 02-10-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation