Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 06-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #1
BigPopp

Drives: 2016 1LT Convertible
Rough, fast idle when hot

Sorry if this was covered elsewhere but a search for the subject didn’t reveal any results.

Today the local temps climbed into the high 90’s and the car ran fine for my drive home (about an hour or so) until I pulled into my driveway. As I was pulling in the car started shuddering and I noticed the idle was hovering unsteadily around 2000rpms.

After shutting the car off and waiting about 5 minutes or so I started it up and it idled fine (around 700rpms or so as best I can tell).

No check engine light came on so I’m not sure taking it to the dealer just for this will be worthwhile although I will mention it to them when I take it in to have my upper quarter trim panel replaced.

I’ve noticed that my driveway is sloped enough to trigger hill start assist in the car so I’m hoping the ECU just got confused with a combination of the heat and the sloped driveway (I almost always stop in the driveway while waiting for the garage door to open).

Anyone else had similar behavior with the V6?

Thanks in advance...
BigPopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:42 PM   #2
DWall9

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro RS
I have experienced this myself. After several hard 0-60 pulls in somewhat hot weather the idle jumped up high. After turning it off and on once it fixed the issue. Not sure what the cause of this is though.
DWall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:25 AM   #3
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Same with all issues if you cannot replicate it do not take it to the dealer waste of your time. They will keep your car for X amount of time to just tell you they cannot replicate it. As for the issue it sounds like the ECM just got a bit confused on something.. If it happens more often then I would take it in.

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote