Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-22-2016, 02:44 PM   #15
Jmetc89

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
here is the manual for the LC8:
http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/Ima...61/161LC8G.PDF

It basically takes speaker level signals and converts them to line level. There is signal summing option for certain channels. You can adjust output levels so summed channels don't clip. The LC8 output feeds your aftermarket amp.

The advantage is you can then replace speakers as you see fit. Put full range coaxial or triaxials in all the big openings. You can go to 4 ohm impedance. The choice is yours.

One disadvantage is you are stuck with the signal pre-equalized for the Bose drivers. And the system has been tuned to work with the Bose drivers, as one of our members has pointed out. That may be fine if it passes the "sounds good" test and you are happy with that. Otherwise you need an EQ stage, some audio test tones, and an SPL meter. That is if you want to get back to "flat" response.
Thanks man =]
Jmetc89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 02:53 PM   #16
Jmetc89

hey guys. So the guy doing my system made his diagram. Hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2016, 03:44 PM   #17
tecboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmetc89 View Post
Hey tecboy I talked to my installer for you and I'll try to explain what he said. He said they took the output from the Bose amp and fed it into the LC8 processor so that a full range signal can be produced. They're then feeding the LC8 into the aftermarket amp. I'm not a sound guy so I don't know if that helps =\ if you have any questions let me know and I'll ask my installer for you =]

I have an LC8 in my other car...It looks like you are taking 4 of the Bose amp outputs in to the LC8...i assume the LC8 outputs....one goes to a sub amp and the other 2 goes to a full range amp? Guessing you didnt recoonect the center channel?
Old 04-22-2016, 03:49 PM   #18
Jmetc89

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
I have an LC8 in my other car...It looks like you are taking 4 of the Bose amp outputs in to the LC8...i assume the LC8 outputs....one goes to a sub amp and the other 2 goes to a full range amp? Guessing you didnt recoonect the center channel?
Speakers are going to be put in in about an hour or so =] going with infinity's. I'll ask for you and let you know later today what he says =]
Old 04-22-2016, 04:01 PM   #19
tecboy

Sounds great...the Lc8 option opens up all kinds of possibilities...the 9 channel output of the Bose amp had me baffled how to sum up and connect to aftermarket amp...assuming the front door and dash speakers are using one output of the amp connected using crossovers...the rear seat speakers are the other set of full range from the 4 channel amp..the rear desk woofers are not connected...and the 3rd output set from the Lc8 goes directly to a sub amp connected to aftermarket subwoofer...curious as to what the aftermarket speaker sizes they are using in each location
Old 04-22-2016, 04:46 PM   #20
Jmetc89

Quote:
Sounds great...the Lc8 option opens up all kinds of possibilities...the 9 channel output of the Bose amp had me baffled how to sum up and connect to aftermarket amp...assuming the front door and dash speakers are using one output of the amp connected using crossovers...the rear seat speakers are the other set of full range from the 4 channel amp..the rear desk woofers are not connected...and the 3rd output set from the Lc8 goes directly to a sub amp connected to aftermarket subwoofer...curious as to what the aftermarket speaker sizes they are using in each location
His reply:

We are using the 6x9 infinity components for front and back.
Basically we're putting two components in the car to use all the speaker
locations.

The dash board will have the new tweeters installed.
The front doors will have the Infinity 6x9 mid-bass.

The panel near the rear seat will have the tweeters with an ABS plastic
plate to use the same mounting holes.
The rear deck will contain the Infinity 6x9 mid-bass.

Hope, that clarifies it for him.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:58 PM   #21
tecboy

What about center channelin front? Sounds like it iisn't used any more

Front door have 6x9...??? Do you have model numbers for the infinity speakers/crossover he is using?
Old 04-22-2016, 05:35 PM   #22
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Front door have 6x9...??? Do you have model numbers for the infinity speakers/crossover he is using?
Agree that's a big speaker for a door.
Maybe a special shallow 6x9??? If regular 6x9, make sure the window doesn't hit it when lowered.

I think the crossovers come with the infinity component sets he is using. They are splitting up the woofers and tweeters from the sets and using the crossovers with existing wiring. It's a perfectly reasonable approach.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:39 PM   #23
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Agree that's a big speaker for a door.
Maybe a special shallow 6x9??? If regular 6x9, make sure the window doesn't hit it when lowered.

I think the crossovers come with the infinity component sets he is using. They are splitting up the woofers and tweeters from the sets and using the crossovers with existing wiring. It's a perfectly reasonable approach.
It doesn't have to be shallow. Window is aft of the opening. You have 3 1/2" depth with no issue.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:48 PM   #24
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
What about center channelin front? Sounds like it iisn't used any more

Losing the center channel is what myLink uses for all it's responses and tones right? (Rear cross traffic, OnStar, etc...)

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:16 AM   #25
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
There is someone working on a FARK (Factory Amp Replacement Kit) harness for the CA6 Camaro. And sub boxes. Not sure if it will apply to both Bose or non Bose systems. If you want to keep in touch with the progress PM me. I am not connected with this effort it is just that he has been helpful to me in the past.

Once there is a harness it will make upgrades dead simple. I upgraded my ZL1 BA Amp in under an hour.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:02 AM   #26
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
System upgrade almost complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
There is someone working on a FARK (Factory Amp Replacement Kit) harness for the CA6 Camaro. And sub boxes. Not sure if it will apply to both Bose or non Bose systems. If you want to keep in touch with the progress PM me. I am not connected with this effort it is just that he has been helpful to me in the past.

Once there is a harness it will make upgrades dead simple. I upgraded my ZL1 BA Amp in under an hour.

I'm all for simplicity, I feel the stock Bose interior sound is awesome, especially compared to the terrible BA amp that came with 5th gen.

I'm almost thinking of just adding an amped sub & call it a day.. I still would need professional help since I have no idea how to even do that lol

But since I kept my JL XD400 & my JL 10" sub & mono amp, I might as well wait for Steve to get FARK ready.
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers

Last edited by Adrian97c; 04-23-2016 at 07:27 AM.
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:17 AM   #27
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Losing the center channel is what myLink uses for all it's responses and tones right? (Rear cross traffic, OnStar, etc...)
No. I disconnected my center speaker. All responses and sounds work.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:48 AM   #28
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
No. I disconnected my center speaker. All responses and sounds work.
Good to hear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote