Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-14-2018, 08:32 PM   #1
Peelam

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, Jet Black, M6
Dealer Frustrations

Well took my Camaro to the dealer for its first CPO Service. Needless to say I will not be taking my Camaro back to this dealer again.

My first issue with them is since my car was built in Feb 2016 it did not include Android Auto as advertised. They are saying that GM will no longer update the MyLink System to include Android Auto. I would have to pay $120 to have it done. I even reached out to the dealer I bought the car from and am being ignored.

If anyone can help with the above I would be grateful.

My second issue is they performed a brake system flush as part of the service, well needless to say that was also not done well, brakes still have air in the lines. When I first got the car back after 5 days, went to leave and pulled up to a light and it went pedal, PEDAL, BRAKE, brakes were so spongy that it actually scared me that I was going to hit the car in front of me at the light. Turned around and immediately went back. Tech came out and said that he could not get one of the bleeder screws loose on the front left caliper and was afraid of breaking it so did not bleed it(hello ever heard of PB Blaster or Aerokroil). They took the car back did something and returned it about 1/2 hr later(I waited). Brakes were better but still not right. I know I should have left it until they made it right but I did not want them to touch the car again. I will bleed the brakes myself once my jack arrives.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Which dealer did you go to?
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:44 PM   #3
Peelam

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, Jet Black, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
Which dealer did you go to?
Wallace in Stuart.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #4
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peelam View Post
Wallace in Stuart.
I've never had service done there before. Used to take my 5th gen to Dyer in Ft Pierce for my oil changes. No problems. Bought my new 1LE from them as well and plan on heading in for my first free oil change in another 400 miles. Just glad it's not them.

Thanks for the info. Good to know where not to go.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:03 AM   #5
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
My first issue with them is since my car was built in Feb 2016 it did not include Android Auto as advertised. They are saying that GM will no longer update the MyLink System to include Android Auto. I would have to pay $120 to have it done. I even reached out to the dealer I bought the car from and am being ignored.
You bought the car used correct? Where was it advertised that it included it? If it's on the CPO window sticker then it's with the dealer. But most of the time the CPO stickers have a disclaimer at the bottom that all equipment may not be present. If you're talking about the original window sticker, that's up to GM. But being as it's used and you're not the original owner you're kinda out of luck.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:26 AM   #6
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Wallace in Stuart.

I have been having my cars serviced at Wallace/Suburban/Jokhem for 15 years (they changed hands 3 times during that time). Never had a problem with them. I think they were trying to save having to call you and giving you the option of risking the additional charge if the bleeder broke. Most people would assume they were trying to rip you off given the reputation of dealerships. They should have called you and given you that option. They also should also have test driven it to be sure your brakes were ok. I hope their service is not going downhill. Dyer is much closer to me but I had such good experiences with Wallace I continued using them when I moved farther away.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #7
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
The Android Auto / Apple Carplay update was only free for a short amount of time thru GM, after the time limit it becomes a chargeable service. No other way to get it installed either, dealer is the only one that can do it.

As far as the brakes go, the service dept needs to fix the stuck caliper. If the bleeder screw wont open and chances being damaged then they should order in a new caliper under warranty and fix it correctly. Also some tech's miss that the Brembo calipers have 2 bleeders per caliper.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote