Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 10-24-2019, 02:30 PM   #1
Bulldog SS

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Need help with Navtool install

I installed Navtool on my Silverado with no issues but on 2017 Camaro, I'm having a problem locating the connection to the radio module. It's not behind the screen like their videos show.
Navtool told me to pull the glove box but I still can't see the module or connection.
I have made the connections on the HMI.
Bulldog SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:56 AM   #2
sal11585

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2ss Nightfall Gray
Passenger side under the glove box, there are a couple of screws you have to remove. The glove box doesn't have to be removed, I am like 99% sure. There is a good thread on it if you search
Full paint correction with cquartz finest ceramic coating
Whipple 2.9
ARH Long tube headers with High flow cats
1le sway bars F&R
BMR Upper and lower trailing arms
Hurst short throw shifter
sal11585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:06 AM   #3
Bulldog SS

That's where the HMI unit is. I checked with parts department at local Chevy dealer. The parts diagram seems to show it behind the passenger side kick panel. I threw in the towel and delivered it to a local audio shop for them to install.

I will post after the complete.

I will say now that I have been very dissatisfied with Navtool customer support. I have yet to anything on installing the wireless adapter. It's a shame because, for the price, I really like the way it worked out on my truck.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:38 AM   #4
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
Step 1 is to return that junk; google navtool scam.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:31 AM   #5
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Any updates? I’m considering this kit.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 02:07 PM   #6
Bulldog SS

Yes and no. The dealer did have get the cable plugged in for me (at no charge while there for warranty repair). The guy was quick to show me where he cut his hand getting to it.

It is behind the passenger side kick panel and then behind a metal structure. The connection is up so he connected by reaching down to it.

Next problem came up. After calling Navtool, the said that I needed to send our screen in to be calibrated. They said the screens were manufactured by several different manufacturers and some needed to be re-calabrated.

They will do this at no charge BUT they are between facilities to get the job done and I'm still waiting to find out that I can send it.

I will post when that is done
Old 02-25-2020, 07:47 PM   #7
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog SS View Post
Yes and no. The dealer did have get the cable plugged in for me (at no charge while there for warranty repair). The guy was quick to show me where he cut his hand getting to it.

It is behind the passenger side kick panel and then behind a metal structure. The connection is up so he connected by reaching down to it.

Next problem came up. After calling Navtool, the said that I needed to send our screen in to be calibrated. They said the screens were manufactured by several different manufacturers and some needed to be re-calabrated.

They will do this at no charge BUT they are between facilities to get the job done and I'm still waiting to find out that I can send it.

I will post when that is done
Thats a complete line of crap. They are running it out so you cant file a claim, seriously google nav tool scam they are huge well known scammers LOL