Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 11-28-2019, 08:34 PM   #1
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
How to order with a trade?

Yo peeps,
I want to order a 2020 1ss 1le with the interior lighting package and in black.

I have a trade a 2015 Mustang GT. How do I go about ordering the car, getting the trade done and all that? Do I fully negotiate price n everything pre receiving the car or how does this all work? Never ordered one before.
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:20 PM   #2
ARCamaroGuy

Drives: 2023 GMC 1500
You can ask the dealer to give you a trade in number when you order but they may not be willing. They know the vehicle you are wanting to trade in will depreciate some in the 2-3 months you wait for the new car to arrive.

When I ordered mine, they gave me a ball park (low number) and I put mine up for sale as soon as my car showed as shipped. Thankfully it sold in about a week for $2500 more than I was going to get from the dealer.

I bought my Mother's old Santa Fe for $1000 and drove it after I sold my Cadillac until my Camaro came in. I still drive it when it's raining/I need to haul my 3 kids around for something.

Even if you don't have access to a second vehicle if you sell your current vehicle, you still come out ahead to get a rental for a month and pocket the extra off of what the dealer will give you on trade in. You have to make the call if you want to risk it of course.

Good luck!
Traded Feb 2022 for a C7
ARCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:28 PM   #3
LARRY01Z28

Drives: 2001Camaro Z28
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457674

great info there
LARRY01Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:24 PM   #4
ApexSummit

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE, 17 Edge Sport
I ordered mine from Antelope Valley Chevrolet in August, we didn't talk numbers at all nor did I put a deposit down. Their reasoning was because they didn't know what rebates were going to be available at the time of delivery. I was a little nervous about the whole thing, but everything worked out fine thankfully.
ApexSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:32 PM   #5
Coded4SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCamaroGuy View Post
You can ask the dealer to give you a trade in number when you order but they may not be willing. They know the vehicle you are wanting to trade in will depreciate some in the 2-3 months you wait for the new car to arrive.

When I ordered mine, they gave me a ball park (low number) and I put mine up for sale as soon as my car showed as shipped. Thankfully it sold in about a week for $2500 more than I was going to get from the dealer.

I bought my Mother's old Santa Fe for $1000 and drove it after I sold my Cadillac until my Camaro came in. I still drive it when it's raining/I need to haul my 3 kids around for something.

Even if you don't have access to a second vehicle if you sell your current vehicle, you still come out ahead to get a rental for a month and pocket the extra off of what the dealer will give you on trade in. You have to make the call if you want to risk it of course.

Good luck!

thanks man and congrats on the new ride!
Old 11-30-2019, 06:01 AM   #6
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
When I was thinking of ordering a Scat Pack a few months ago, the guy gave me a price over email with just a few pics and my vin. I probably should have done it since it was about 4k equity on my 16 mustang plus the 5k power dollars discount. But I decided to wait as I wanted to see what the changes were going to be for 20 and also would give me time to look at the new Camaro. Now I'm thinking of getting the 50th anniversary challenger, which will be over 5k premium unless I decide to get an SS instead. Been trying to pay extra on my loan when I can, but not really in a hurry to get rid of it as you can't beat 0% interest. But then again my warranty just ran out and I can see little things may need addressed soon.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #7
Coded4SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
When I was thinking of ordering a Scat Pack a few months ago, the guy gave me a price over email with just a few pics and my vin. I probably should have done it since it was about 4k equity on my 16 mustang plus the 5k power dollars discount. But I decided to wait as I wanted to see what the changes were going to be for 20 and also would give me time to look at the new Camaro. Now I'm thinking of getting the 50th anniversary challenger, which will be over 5k premium unless I decide to get an SS instead. Been trying to pay extra on my loan when I can, but not really in a hurry to get rid of it as you can't beat 0% interest. But then again my warranty just ran out and I can see little things may need addressed soon.

Yup 15 mustang here. Warranty is up in a month and the car is problems after problems. I found two 19 as 1le in red... So gunna go drive one today then decide if this car fits my 6ft 4in self with a manual trans
Old 12-15-2019, 02:52 PM   #8
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coded4SS View Post
Yup 15 mustang here. Warranty is up in a month and the car is problems after problems. I found two 19 as 1le in red... So gunna go drive one today then decide if this car fits my 6ft 4in self with a manual trans

You're good unless you're really rotund.....

I'm 6'6 270#, works for me. Been out poking around and driving them, last one at a dealer on Tues.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote