Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-10-2021, 06:22 AM   #1
BalooRS

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1LT RS
Future Mods

Hello all! I have been prowling on these Camaro forums ever since I've wanted to own one and happy to say I recently purchased a 2021 Camaro RS 10A in riverside blue metallic(corrected by TP2SS) My second week owning this car is soon coming and I've gladly already put 750 miles on this beauty. Here's what I have been doing with the car these past two weeks:

1st week:
-Slowly started getting used to the power of the v6(coming from a v4 Camry)
-Put 500 miles on the gauge driving to work(and for fun ofc)
-Changed the reverse lights to a brighter/whiter bulb
-Tinted the side markers
-Got a trunk net as well as an organizer(more space than I thought)
-Windows tinted
-Gave her the first detail wash

2nd week:
-Experimented w the difference between touring and sport mode
-Browsing for days on what exhaust setup to get
-Decided on getting American Thunder Axle-Backs
-Notified they were on backorder w/NA on time
-Canceled order and went back to searching
-Caught between MBRPs or Borlas(triple the price..yikes)
-Finally pulled the trigger on the Borla Atak Axle-Back
(Shoutout to Rudy's Performance Parts for getting it to me in a day lol)
-Got the Borlas installed and can't wipe the grin off my face
(thought they would be louder but I am satisfied...for now)

While I have many more plans for the RS in the future, I am not sure where to start. I do know I will def be getting a CAI, just not sure which one's. I want to keep this build simple as this car will be w me for the long run. So far I have plans of a CAI, headers, and a tune. Any advice or ideas are highly welcomed as I am quite the newbie...I apologize for how long this post was but I am currently over excited to finally have my dream car

Last edited by BalooRS; 01-10-2021 at 03:37 PM.
BalooRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:17 AM   #2
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
The exhaust manifold cannot be separated from the cylinder heads on the v6 camaro as they are "Integrated" together, therefore, you will not be able to install headers on your v6 camaro. Besides little things like throttle body porting etc. The options for the v6 are superchargers from procharger and edelbrock or nitrous.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:51 AM   #3
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
Welcome , would love to see pictures of the car.
Sounds like youre not wasting anytime and modding it right away,enjoy it and have fun!
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:53 AM   #4
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
The exhaust manifold cannot be separated from the cylinder heads on the v6 camaro as they are "Integrated" together, therefore, you will not be able to install headers on your v6 camaro. Besides little things like throttle body porting etc. The options for the v6 are superchargers from procharger and edelbrock or nitrous.
Agreed^^^. The V6 is a nice engine with some low end grunt and a nice power band. I might take advantage of its lighter weight and spend my money on some grippy tires and modest suspension mods. Short of spending a ton, the money you spend modding a V6 for more usable power without going FI does not return much for your investment. Dollar for dollar a supercharger will give you maximum bang for the buck and surprise more than a few of the V8 boys.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:03 AM   #5
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Getting a tune will give you the best bang for the buck, but of course it may void the warranty. I have the V6 as well, and my favorite mod so far is the ported throttle body. It makes a very noticeable difference
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:42 AM   #6
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
DO NOT mod that car! Put it away and don't drive it AT ALL, RIGHT NOW!
That car will be worth millions some day because it's a 1-of-1 car!
2021 in Hyper Blue Metallic!

HBM was a 16-18 color only! You have Riverside Blue. Different shade of blue.

All kidding aside, congrats!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:09 PM   #7
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post

Nasty, nasty

OP, congratulations, you've gotten yourself a great car. I agree with the supercharger comment, that will give you the most extra power for the least money on a V6 (short of trading for a V8, but let's not go there).

However, I would not rush these warranty voiding mods, especially since the car is brand new and most issues around the engine and the drivetrain surface during the initial few thousand miles.

Also, IMO you should settle a bit more into the car, see what you really, actually want in terms of mods before going on a splurge. A CAI, for example, will do next to nothing except dress up the engine bay—if you have the money and you think it's worth it, definitely go ahead, but I for one still tread more slowly to avoid remorse.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:28 PM   #8
BalooRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28pat View Post
Welcome , would love to see pictures of the car.
Sounds like youre not wasting anytime and modding it right away,enjoy it and have fun!
Here are a couple pictures! Due to the bipolar weather in Texas I have not been able to keep her clean for more than a few days...
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2021, 03:29 PM   #9
BalooRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post

The more I learn everyday
Old 01-10-2021, 03:31 PM   #10
BalooRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Nasty, nasty

OP, congratulations, you've gotten yourself a great car. I agree with the supercharger comment, that will give you the most extra power for the least money on a V6 (short of trading for a V8, but let's not go there).

However, I would not rush these warranty voiding mods, especially since the car is brand new and most issues around the engine and the drivetrain surface during the initial few thousand miles.

Also, IMO you should settle a bit more into the car, see what you really, actually want in terms of mods before going on a splurge. A CAI, for example, will do next to nothing except dress up the engine bay—if you have the money and you think it's worth it, definitely go ahead, but I for one still tread more slowly to avoid remorse.
That is quite true. This will be happening in the future so the car will def have been driven a lot more. A supercharger does sound quite the choice but a v8 will always have the upper hand lol
Old 01-10-2021, 03:33 PM   #11
BalooRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Getting a tune will give you the best bang for the buck, but of course it may void the warranty. I have the V6 as well, and my favorite mod so far is the ported throttle body. It makes a very noticeable difference
I’ve actually heard many v6 owners say this, but what kind of ptd do you have or recommend? And is the installation process a pain?
Old 01-10-2021, 03:35 PM   #12
BalooRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
Agreed^^^. The V6 is a nice engine with some low end grunt and a nice power band. I might take advantage of its lighter weight and spend my money on some grippy tires and modest suspension mods. Short of spending a ton, the money you spend modding a V6 for more usable power without going FI does not return much for your investment. Dollar for dollar a supercharger will give you maximum bang for the buck and surprise more than a few of the V8 boys.
I was thinking of definitely down the line a supercharger or pro charger and as for the wheels, I did want thicker rears but I was not quite sure they would make a difference as of now with the car being stock.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:21 PM   #13
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalooRS View Post
I’ve actually heard many v6 owners say this, but what kind of ptd do you have or recommend? And is the installation process a pain?
I have a Soler Performance ported throttle body. Seems to have the best reviews. Installation is super easy. Much easier than a cold air intake. Took me maybe 15 minutes. Nice thing is that visually looks no different than stock, so the dealership will have no clue. And even if you're super paranoid you could put the stock one back in a matter of a few minutes.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote