#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

Phastek Performance

Old 11-13-2015, 02:36 PM   #1
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Smile This dealer has a camaro 2016 SS now, and this video up

here:

I asked him to register here and post a Q&A thread as TR6(guy who got the first camaro) is probably super busy and inundated with questions. And Fallout 4.

Let's hope he comes.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:49 PM   #2
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
I posted that yesterday
BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:37 PM   #3
Whis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
I posted that yesterday
difference is i am trying to get him to post here!
Old 11-13-2015, 07:16 PM   #4
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
The first 10 dealers are all going to be the first in the country to have one lol
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:50 PM   #5
Whis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
The first 10 dealers are all going to be the first in the country to have one lol
This guy is passionate about Camaros and I was watching his videos before this one came up. I first found him through snow tire videos. I think he will probably be way more productive and post more information than the guys we have here now since they are in awe with their baby.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:16 PM   #6
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Salesman are supposed to do that.
Sell cars.

They are all enthusiasts if it gets your money
BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:29 AM   #7
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
If he gets on here it will be to sell cars, that isn't fair to our paid up sponsors.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #8
Whis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
If he gets on here it will be to sell cars, that isn't fair to our paid up sponsors.
I just want someone to reliably answer questions. Can someone explain the benefit of sponsorship here? I can't imagine IBM's softlayer.com cloud hosting is that expensive.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:01 AM   #9
Suntan

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i, 2006 BMW 550i
From the video, it looks like the fit and finish is pretty good. The alignment of the panels look good (as far as I can tell), and the panel gaps all look pretty consistent. Have to see it in person, of course, but, at least from this video, it looks like the Camaro is going to avoid a lot of the initial quality control issues that came with the new Mustang. That would be great news for potential buyers indeed!
Suntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:04 AM   #10
EE7

Drives: New
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
From the video, it looks like the fit and finish is pretty good. The alignment of the panels look good (as far as I can tell), and the panel gaps all look pretty consistent. Have to see it in person, of course, but, at least from this video, it looks like the Camaro is going to avoid a lot of the initial quality control issues that came with the new Mustang. That would be great news for potential buyers indeed!
From most of the reviews it seems the quality of the interior of the Camaro was better than the Mustang yet the Mustang had a better layout.
EE7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:24 PM   #11
Suntan

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i, 2006 BMW 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE7 View Post
From most of the reviews it seems the quality of the interior of the Camaro was better than the Mustang yet the Mustang had a better layout.
Oh, I was actually referring to the exterior panel alignment. Not sure if you already know this but this was a BIG issue with the Mustang at least for the initial batches (I'm not sure if the issue has been resolved). They had issues with misaligned rear windows, sagging convertible roofs, door panels and trunk lids that were misaligned so that they ended up scratching the paint, hoods that were too high on one side, etc. etc. I saw the pics on one of the Mustang forums, it was a real mess.

There were interior issues too - e.g., the leather covered portions of the dash were bubbling underneath (badly glued down), people were reporting holes in the seats, and there were all sorts of rattle issues. I think one person even reported pulling out some dirty cloth from the factory that was stuffed into an interior panel apparently to solve a rattle problem?

The lack of overall build quality was one major thing that turned me off the Mustang. The rental (5th Gen) Camaro I drove this summer was absolutely rock solid inside and out. I'm really hoping the 6th Gen is as good (if not better!). Actually, my wife was so impressed with the 5th Gen she's been urging me to just exploit the current discounts and get one - but, you know, I know better (at least, I think I do)...
Suntan is offline   Reply With Quote